Table Pack #19 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Well I read a comment on their Facebook page and Farsight said it won't be BSD for table pack 19.

Yeah, I'm not really sure why so many people up and thought Bram Stroker's Dracula was a likely choice for Pack #19. Ok, sure Halloween is coming up, but we have already had a lot of horror-themed tables, and I'm not sure how holiday-centric FarSight is really trying to be. Yes, we got the Elvira tables last autumn, but so many of the other horror-themed tables came out at other random times of the year.

Right now, as Victory is the only pre-announced table not yet added to a pack, it would be a surprise to me if that wasn't included in Pack #19. I'd love for High Speed to be the other table in the pack, but I doubt we'd see two car-themed tables in the same pack.

If we do see a horror-themed table after all, Class of 1812 seems more likely to me. (It's license cost is probably lower than Bram Stoker's Dracula.) My bet is that we'll see Victory paired with Class of 1812 or Eight Ball Deluxe. Probably Eight Ball Deluxe.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I personally feel that the packs have been a little underwhelming as of late.

Year one was incredibly strong. But they really knocked out the heavy hitters very early on. I feel like it might have been better to get some of the weaker Gotliebs out of the way early, instead they really banged out the top tier stuff from the Williams collection very early on. I think that Haunted House is amazing, and I hope the mainstream agrees.

The first year had almost no early 80s releases. Now we have Goin Nuts, Flight 2K, Centaur, Haunted House, and probably 8-Ball next all released very closely together. While I love most of these, my point is its too close together, and made for an unbalanced season so far.

I think T'eed Off and Haunted House is a good pack, but the next pack really has to knock it out of the park. Actually scratch that, the next 3 releases have to be really strong tables, because IMO outside of Sorcerer (which might not even make it) and Ace High (which is a gorgeous EM, but those have thier haters...) the last remaining Gottliebs suck (Victory and El Dorado). So they HAVE to put strong tables with them. I mentioned this in another thread but F2K/Goin Nuts sales have been low and that saddens me and I want people to get excited for Pibball Arcade again. Another weak release like say 8-Ball Deluxe and Voctory could really hut Farsight and turn the cut caused by F2K and GN into a gaping wound.

8-Ball is a classic but we've had too many classics too close together. It's time for some really strong DMDs. That being said I'm very optimistic for Pack 19 and I think it's going to be something mind lowing like Road Show or Getaway, Tales from the Crypt or Rollercoaster Tycoon. Well see soon!

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
As far as getting a mainstream, super seller, I feel like Black Rose is the table to do it. It absolutely dominated the Bally poll, surprising everyone as it won over much more well known tables. IMO that's the release that will reach the mainstream audience. Monopoly and Rollercoaster Tycoon I also feel would be great picks to reach the mainstream. And that reminds me, we've only had 3 damn Sterns in nearly 2 years!!! What's up with that?

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Roller Coaster Tycoon

A business theme related Stern pinball :D . Very unlikely.

Sorcerer would be fine. Some magic in October but it wouldn't pair well with horror.

Class of 1812 would fit for Halloween but it would be a new table, together with EBD.

N

netizen

So the hint might be incoming this weekend? I am very curious! :D

Hardly. The hint comes when the new pack is released. Can't anyone remember back to last month when the hint was revealed in the newsletter? :/

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just out of interest, why is everyone saying 8BD? Is it just a guess or has someone been quoted on it?

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
When did EBD become a re-release from the PHOF collection? :/

there is still Victory and Ace High to be re-done before we will see a pack with 2(?) all new tables in one release. Not that FS has even confirmed what will happen after pack 20 yet.

Plus El Dorado and Sorcerer.

Jive Time most likely won't happen.

C-Love

Sep 6, 2013
Are the newer tables never options? I noticed there are no tables released from 2000+. Is it harder to get licensing for the newer ones. I'd love to see Family Guy, it's a super fun pin and one of Sterns best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts