Table Pack #21 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Ok, I think I've got it. Next months clue goes something like this....

The fisherman from Fish Tales is playing cards with Pin*Bot. Pin*Bot says "Give me all your aces". The fisherman replies "Go fish".

There you have it the new pin is Fish Tales. The PHOF rerelease is Ace High. And your free table of the month is the classic Pin*Bot.

FarSight - you're welcome. Just saved you the trouble of coming up with next month's hint. ;)

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I'll take that as a "confirmed" for Fish Tales. Not that there was ever any doubt.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Damn, I just realised Fish Tales will probably be included with its lightning flippers. Those really ruin the game I think, giving you much less control over the ball, and more random drains. The game clearly wasn't designed with those in mind.

But then again, they didn't include lightning flippers on WH2O..

N

netizen

Damn, I just realised Fish Tales will probably be included with its lightning flippers. Those really ruin the game I think, giving you much less control over the ball, and more random drains. The game clearly wasn't designed with those in mind.

But then again, they didn't include lightning flippers on WH2O..

I hadn't read that the lightning flippers were standard on WH20. it seems that they were popular for operators in Europe to maximize earning potential.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

The fisherman from Fish Tales is playing cards with Pin*Bot. Pin*Bot says "Give me all your aces". The fisherman replies "Go fish".

There you have it the new pin is Fish Tales. The PHOF rerelease is Ace High. And your free table of the month is the classic Pin*Bot.

FarSight - you're welcome. Just saved you the trouble of coming up with next month's hint. ;)

That would need a pre-existing pose of the two where it looks like they could be playing cards. So not too likely :p

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I hadn't read that the lightning flippers were standard on WH20. it seems that they were popular for operators in Europe to maximize earning potential.

I'm hearing very mixed reports of this, but it seems the general consensus is that it did come with them. I think it's likely that some runs were produced with and some without. Or maybe with two sets of flippers for the operator to choose? Or, like you said, maybe the ones shipped to Europe had it, while the American ones didn't. My own WH2O did arrive with lightning flippers on it, though they weren't original Williams ones. Changing to proper standard flippers instantly made the game way better.

Also, as you pointed out, they exist mainly to maximize earning potential, and not in any way that makes the game more interesting - in Fish Tales in particular, I think it makes the game incredibly annoying, rather than the fun game it should be. Here's hoping that FarSight will ditch them!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It always seemed backwards to me that they would make a game more difficult to maximise operator profit rather than making balanced games of good quality. I've put very few credits into machines that I think are unfair, but the fun ones with the right challenge I keep coming back to.

My operator charges the most difficult games at half the price of the easy ones, which is very considerate of him.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Obviously games need to be short, but not so short that you feel cheated, and it should never feel like the machine is robbing your victory. You need an incentive to start the next game. The best pinball tables are the ones where you keep saying "just one more game". The free "replay" credits aren't there to rob the operators, they keep the players coming back.

My operator charges the most difficult games at half the price of the easy ones, which is very considerate of him.
More people should do that. Where I usually play, I can spend the same amount of money on a game of WCS94 as on Bally's Playboy. While Playboy is a great table, and I'd love to play it more, it just doesn't make that much sense to put my money into that game, compared to one that will probably last ten times as long.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
It always seemed backwards to me that they would make a game more difficult to maximise operator profit rather than making balanced games of good quality. I've put very few credits into machines that I think are unfair, but the fun ones with the right challenge I keep coming back to.

using rip off flippers, jacking up replay points, outlane post ripoffs and players walk away. As an operator you do NOT increase earnings instead players walk out the door. you have to be fair about it too. players that walk out door do not return leaving you a dead machine wasting electric.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Nightwing - :)

Anyway, FarSight also promised us that Banzai Run will be included sometime in Season 3. Maybe this pack? ;)

I'd be very happy with that - it would make an awesome Xmas present. However,I don't think we will see BR till about midway through Season 3...

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
A lot of you guys seem to think fish tales is gonne be the first of season 3!
I just think they have to hit big for the first pack, and yeah, in that case, fish tales would be awesome ^^

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Fish Tales and High Speed. If indeed they were waiting for additional licensing for Williams, and they secured it, this would get that ball rolling nicely.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012

If that was the hint, you'd also have a ton of speculation about Jackbot, (which may not be a bad thing if you're actively pursuing misdirection).

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Bounty Hunter
why this was not on Gottlieb poll? i wanna this in 21.. anyway it will be Gottlieb pack again so why not? =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.