Table Pack #26 speculation

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
If he was so concerned about his legacy, why did he agree to be in street fighter the movie? Too soon?

Apparently Raul asked his nephews (or kids, don't recall) what role they wanted to see him do, since he was near-death, so they chose Street Fighter.

Which is nice, since Raul as Bison was the best thing about the movie.

Still better than the second SF movie, mind you.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
If he was so concerned about his legacy, why did he agree to be in street fighter the movie? Too soon?

Always so negative, try something else for a change.

Like mentioned already, he took the role because his kids were big fans at the time and he thought it would be a fun role to take on. The movie, despite negative reviews, actually made triple what it cost to make the film.

I thought it was one of his best performances, despite him being very ill at the time. If you wanna talk about crappy movies based on video games, there are far, far much worse films such as "Super Mario Bros" and "Double Dragon".

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Also they didn't copy The Mamushka precisely. They used a different voice (the Devil's to be exact) for the callouts instead of Raul Julia. They did something similar with Payback Time in the early ROM revisions of JunkYard.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Always so negative, try something else for a change.

Like mentioned already, he took the role because his kids were big fans at the time and he thought it would be a fun role to take on. The movie, despite negative reviews, actually made triple what it cost to make the film.

I thought it was one of his best performances, despite him being very ill at the time. If you wanna talk about crappy movies based on video games, there are far, far much worse films such as "Super Mario Bros" and "Double Dragon".

What me negative? Hah! Although I appreciate your mention of double dragon. I think I purged that one from my memory.

N

netizen

So what are these Easter bonnets? Please provide me with a description on how to find Easter bonnets.

Maybe, if you've been good, Elvira will show you where the Bonnet's are :cool:

elvira.jpg

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yum!!!!!

I thought Julia played Bison really well. He was like a shining beacon of light in an otherwise terrible film.

His performance wasn't bad. The movie didn't focus on ken and ryu at all. That also might be the film that ended or started the end of van damme's box office drawing power. I wish they could have taken a different approach. There is actually enough good material in the game to make for a decent movie story.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
His performance wasn't bad. The movie didn't focus on ken and ryu at all. That also might be the film that ended or started the end of van damme's box office drawing power. I wish they could have taken a different approach. There is actually enough good material in the game to make for a decent movie story.

Van Damme was offered the role of "Johnny Cage" for "Mortal Kombat", but chose to do this instead.

I think the issue wasn't Van Damme, but more so the story and its structure.. They tried to add in every single character (Did we really need to see any of the "New 4", like "DeeJay"?), not to mention I think it was made too early. Imagine the stuff you could do for Bison, even by the late 90s standards. Looking back at all his power bolts now just make me cringe.

And yes, they totally missed the boat on Ryu and Ken.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Never quite captured the sheer size of chun li's thighs either! Mortal Lombard did turn out pretty decent.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
While Mortal Kombat had some really terrible moments it was a pretty decent movie and way better than Street Fighter.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
Well, the clue has a picture of the back glass of Tee'd Off with the golf balls replaced with toast. I know that toast is the same toast that is on the play field of Junkyard which also has a toaster gun that fires toast. So that means Junkyard's next. YAY! :D

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Well I think my point was that Terminator 2 is one of the most successful movies ever, and one of the most successful film franchises ever. Star Trek, as we all know, is one of the most successful film/TV franchises too. Addams Family, while it is the most widely distributed pinball machine ever, it was a successful movie at the box office, it doesn't touch Star Trek or Terminator in terms of success. In fact, many people have forgotten that movie, because the old TV show is what really got Addams Family famous. So I was thinking in terms of overall success.

Like with Star Wars and Indiana Jones...I imagine getting the rights to those would be hard considering how gigantic the franchises are. So I was basing it all on the impact, and popularity of the franchise itself.

It really all comes down to the holders of the licenses. They can choose to be as lenient or difficult as they'd like. While they can have more leverage if the franchise is large, it's not always the case, and a more obscure license doesn't necessarily mean an easier one. For instance, to make Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for North America, Capcom obtained all of the Tatsunoko video game rights, including Yatterman and Gatchaman, which are usually pretty difficult (as they are popular in Japan, and in the case of Gatchaman, helped define the American '90s action cartoon landscape as G-Force)--except for Bob in the Bottle, as the European rights holders, while not using it at all, held steadfast and refused to allow Capcom to use characters from the show for any reason. Inversely, as you have already seen in The Pinball Arcade, Monster Bash showed up with no problem at all, even though it contains six of Universal Studios's iconic horror movie characters. If it weren't on here already, I would have chalked it up as beyond Farsight's reach, but there it is.

On top of all the deal with Raul Julia, MGM is working on an Addams Family movie. This means it fully intends to rebuild the franchise, and there's a good chance MGM will demand more out of Farsight than can be reasonably given.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Oh man, you're so wrong. Here's the ultimate proof:

It's funny too because midway wanted to get van damme to mo cap/rotoscope (however they did the digitization for mk) But he wouldn't do it (the split punch was inspired by van damme in bloodsport). Had he played cage in the movie it would have been pretty ironic.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts