Table Pack #27 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
BSD would surely be kept for Halloween, which doesn't land within season 3.

The naive optimist in me also thinks they've got the Addams Family licence secured and are gonna surprise us with the kickstarter in August or September. The realist in me is rolling his eyes.

Well season 3 SHOULD finish in the last week of August. Given the turnaround time, you would have the table on consoles by Halloween (hopefully) and a full 2 months of playtime on the mobile and PC devices. Seems like just the right time for Dracula's reign to begin.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Great to hear that they're giving BSD a shot. NOTE: This game should be harder than most other recreated tables. The triple multiball will be worth going for!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
They did not say bsd has a good shot this season. Just that it has a good shot. Although it could be taken that way as they mentioned the other tables noted in the inquiry would not be in this season but all of them had a chance later on.

I'm not sure how anyone besides you, who saw that response, would think that's not what he meant? lol

As I said before, I think we'll be getting it this year. It makes even more sense with all the other Williams tables this season.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
This season has gone very quickly
Blink and you might miss it

Yeah, but the tables so far have been better than anything put out from Season 2. If we get tables like "Bram Stoker's Dracula" and "Safe Cracker" on top of everything else, than I'd say this would be just as good (if not better) than Season 1.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
They did not say bsd has a good shot this season. Just that it has a good shot. Although it could be taken that way as they mentioned the other tables noted in the inquiry would not be in this season but all of them had a chance later on.
Aaaand this is why we need to link quotes.

What other tables were mentioned? Safe to assume Getaway, given how it's popped up in light of the most recent table pack?

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Aaaand this is why we need to link quotes.

TPA, (if you don't mind answering) I've got a few questions:

Is it likely that at some point we'll be able to see a digital recreation of "The Shadow?"

Also, since Stern owns most of the Sega and DataEast licenses, is it likely that we'll see, say for example, a Bram Stokers, Goldeneye, Tommy, Star Wars, Tales From The Crypt, or Robocop table at some point?

What's the likelihood of Capcom tables (Big Bang Bar, Airborne), Alvin G (Robot, Mystery Castle), any of the european companies tables or even Chicago Coin?

One last thing, it's less of a question and more of a request ;P
TX Sector?!?! TX TX Tx tx tx tx...

Thank you for helping the cause to bring back pinball into the public eye.

No, probably not.

BSD has a good shot, the rest you mentioned will most likely not make this season, though there is a chance of them in the future.

I'm not sure how that can be taken any other way than how I described it?

Nothing beats Season 1 so far

If we get "Dracula" and "Safe Cracker" this season, I'll be happy to endlessly disagree with you. :)

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I really need to pay more attention to abbreviations. I've been seeing BSD for ages and kept thinking you meant Eight Ball Deluxe.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Nothing beats Season 1 so far

Season one sure has a lot going for it as it was packed with stellar tables, but is also hampered with some big quality issues revolving around circus voltaire, black knight, twilight zone being to easy (for some, certainly not for me) and the like. Despite all that it is hard to argue against S1 supremacy. Season 3, despite having half the tables, however, really does stack up well due to the popularity of each table coupled with the overall quality of each release.

I really need to pay more attention to abbreviations. I've been seeing BSD for ages and kept thinking you meant Eight Ball Deluxe.

I do the same thing and then I have to spend like a minute and a half remembering what it actually stands for.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I don't think season 1 can be beat on lineup. The fact it has 18 tables helps greatly too, even if a few stinkers are in there. But on tpa I think season 3 could turn out better because every table has been done really well and there isn't a true did yet. Medieval madness, monster bash, scared stuff, attack from mars and cirqus Voltaire dominate in the real world but some of those have not gone over as well on tpa as games in season 3 have. Maybe if they go back and tweak some of season 1 then it wouldn't be a competition.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I don't think season 1 can be beat on lineup. The fact it has 18 tables helps greatly too, even if a few stinkers are in there. But on tpa I think season 3 could turn out better because every table has been done really well and there isn't a true did yet. Medieval madness, monster bash, scared stuff, attack from mars and cirqus Voltaire dominate in the real world but some of those have not gone over as well on tpa as games in season 3 have. Maybe if they go back and tweak some of season 1 then it wouldn't be a competition.

If they go back and fix the issues in season 1 then it will be nearly impossible to top. Unless of course season 3 gets the getaway. Then I would be something like Bonk after eating meat.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/2/23093/2488782-bonk's+adventure+(u)-006.png

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm not sure how that can be taken any other way than how I described it?
Technically, by using quotation marks you didn't describe what they wrote you completely misquoted them. If you were a court reporter, you'd be fired by now ;)

If we get "Dracula" and "Safe Cracker" this season, I'll be happy to endlessly disagree with you. :)
Likewise here. If you keep talking about "Dracula", you're going to find yourself very disappointed when we wind up with the Stern table rather than BSD (regardless of how popular each table is respectively) :)

If they go back and fix the issues in season 1 then it will be nearly impossible to top. Unless of course season 3 gets the getaway. Then I would be something like Bonk after eating meat.
Emulation emulation emulation emulation emulation emulation emulation.
*deep breath*
Emulation emulation emulation emulation...
(and artwork)

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I hope there is a surprise or two left in a season 3
We definitely know we are getting Junkyard and Diner
Still hoping for a premium movie based table

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I think BSD would make a fine opening table for season 4. If I'm counting on my fingers correctly that would be the October release right in time for Halloween. Of course if they wanted to do BSD sooner and then do TFTC for Halloween, well that would be great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.