No problem, all water under the bridge.

Super...
Ok I will stop in for a while.

Timelord ...

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Nice! :cool: I like this!

But to make things clear, to discuss such things is an immediate and permanent ban.

Cap'n, believe it or not I like you and think you a great kid. I don't want to see you banned. Furthermore I want to see you succeed in your role as newsman. I have "banned myself" from chat because I don't want to contribute to the delinquency of a minor due to persistent talk of things I know I would not want my children (now more likely my grandchildren) to be exposed to. I would rather do that than limit your freedom of expression, even though I know it to be correct from a moral and legal standpoint. I know Heretic is kinda hurting at my absence. H, just know I still love ya as a friend, but morality is more important than momentary feelings.

But after this I am **done** being your guardian angel, Cap'n. You are most definitely on your own now. Think before you act, Grasshopper (Kung Fu reference).

Dokken, please delete your post.

All the best, most sincerely; and a great news update on the news page, BTW.

Timelord ...

So it shall be written, so it shall be done.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I never base my predictions on anything besides the winners from the Top Ten Polls. (Which is usually what the monthly table is from)

So far, I think "High Speed" was the only exception, and that was because it was requested on a daily basis.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
As you can tell from my want list, I'm old school. The tables listed below aren't hard, have no historical relevance, and may just be boring to most. I respect those wishes of others to get their favorites, but it would be a happy day in the Buzz household to boot up TPA and see the update for Doctor Who or Lawman or (be still my heart, there's a story in this one) Eight Ball. Not the deluxe, but the "Happy Days" table...

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I agree that Diner won't be next, probably one or two later. I guess it is fairly likely that pack 27 will be Safe Cracker.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Rollercoaster Tycoon or Rocky and Bullwinkel, I haven't heard those names being tossed about for a while.

Also, when do you think the halloween tables will start coming? Normally they'd be September/October but I think that this season runs out before then, with plenty of big names like Dracula, Tales from the Crypt, Phantom of the Opera etc. do you think they'll have one much earlier as part of Season 3 or just start off Season 4 with?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Rollercoaster Tycoon or Rocky and Bullwinkel, I haven't heard those names being tossed about for a while.

Also, when do you think the halloween tables will start coming? Normally they'd be September/October but I think that this season runs out before then, with plenty of big names like Dracula, Tales from the Crypt, Phantom of the Opera etc. do you think they'll have one much earlier as part of Season 3 or just start off Season 4 with?

The horror tables do great. I think there is a good possibility to see more than one but I think it would be the beginnig of Season 4, assuming 2 tables are released in August to finish off season 3. Get Dracula, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Phantom of the Opera or Tales from the Crypt (Or who knows, maybe things finally come together for Addam's Family) out in September and all platforms could potentially be playing it in October. No reason not to do a second one in October as well. The last 2 years we've gotten at least 2 "horror" tables (the term is used VERY loosely) in the tail end of the year.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Slightly OT but I one day want to see the wrestling wwf table come to TBA. With the passing of the Ultimate Warrior, I really want a wrestling themed table.
The real table was delayed multiple times due to issues with licensing and wrestlers changing affiliations... the effort to get it on TPA would be even more troublesome I'd imagine.

Hate to dash your hopes, but it's highly unlikely it'd ever happen :(

Edit: Is the Dracula everyone mentions BSD or the older Stern one? Because the former I'd imagine would be a licensing hell.

Sticking with my prediction of Jack*Bot. FS save time with not having to scan in the playfield (lols), rounds out the trilogy and serves as a bit of a sign of respect for Python (RIP).

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The real table was delayed multiple times due to issues with licensing and wrestlers changing affiliations... the effort to get it on TPA would be even more troublesome I'd imagine.

Edit: Is the Dracula everyone mentions BSD or the older Stern one? Because the former I'd imagine would be a licensing hell.

Sticking with my prediction of Jack*Bot. FS save time with not having to scan in the playfield (lols), rounds out the trilogy and serves as a bit of a sign of respect for Python (RIP).

Might not be so bad because wwe owns all the characters and organizations from that era so I think it might not be quite so nightmarish.

As for the old stern Dracula, maybe one person has ever requested it that I've seen.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

This is actually false, as the table was delayed and changed because of the steroid trial Vince was going through at the time. As I'm sure you've already seen, the original backglass featured many, many more wrestlers, most of them all bulked up and roided looking. So, Vince had it changed to feature Bret Hart, a much smaller wrestler, and toned down the look for Hogan. This info was featured in a WWE magazine a while back, but I forget which issue?

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2820&picno=47607

As for which "Dracula", of course everyone means "Bram Stoker's Dracula". I don't think I've ever seen a single request for the other, let alone know if anyone besides you even know it exists. lol As far as highly requested tables go, BSD is easily in the Top 10. There's not a day on the FB page where it doesn't get requested or talked about at least 2-3 times. I remember Farsight said the table would NOT require a kickstarter, so we'll see if it ever happens.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
This is the "roided up" prototype backglass
image.jpg

Then the actual final backglass with toned down Hogan :) -
image.jpg

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
This is actually false, as the table was delayed and changed because of the steroid trial Vince was going through at the time. As I'm sure you've already seen, the original backglass featured many, many more wrestlers, most of them all bulked up and roided looking. So, Vince had it changed to feature Bret Hart, a much smaller wrestler, and toned down the look for Hogan. This info was featured in a WWE magazine a while back, but I forget which issue?

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2820&picno=47607
Huh. Doesn't explain why Roddy Piper and Ric Flair were excluded from the backglass in the final printing, only possible explanation is their defections to WCW. So while it explains the toning down of dem muscles, the delays from the wrestlers jumping ship (and having to do additional artwork AND additional VO work) must've been more significant.
In fact, I'd doubt the steroid thing would've delayed much at all, as all that would be need updating is painted artwork on the backglass/translite and playfield. Dots and voicework would remain the same.

As for the Dracula/BSD thing, it's hard to gauge how popular it is with most people as I'm pretty sure they were never brought out en masse to Australia. Even when I wasn't as much into pinball as I am now, I can't say I'd ever encountered one until I was in Texas a few weeks ago. Stands to reason that one could've been equally as popular as the other, depending on how good that "other" was.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Huh. Doesn't explain why Roddy Piper and Ric Flair were excluded from the backglass in the final printing, only possible explanation is their defections to WCW. So while it explains the toning down of dem muscles, the delays from the wrestlers jumping ship (and having to do additional artwork AND additional VO work) must've been more significant.
In fact, I'd doubt the steroid thing would've delayed much at all, as all that would be need updating is painted artwork on the backglass/translite and playfield. Dots and voicework would remain the same.

As for the Dracula/BSD thing, it's hard to gauge how popular it is with most people as I'm pretty sure they were never brought out en masse to Australia. Even when I wasn't as much into pinball as I am now, I can't say I'd ever encountered one until I was in Texas a few weeks ago. Stands to reason that one could've been equally as popular as the other, depending on how good that "other" was.

Well, considering the facts, below, I'd still have to disagree with you:

- The WWE owns the likeness of nearly everyone person on the backglass, so anyone jumping ship didn't mean anything. (The only 2 they don't own are Warrior and Flair, whose images were NOT used on the original playfield, only the backglass and cabinet)

- Piper never went to WCW after he left in 1993, as he took 2 years off of wrestling. (He also made one or two cameo appearances for WWE during this time as well.)

- The Big Boss Man had gone to WCW by this time, yet his name and image are still used on the table. (Again, not that it matters, as WWE owns his likeness)

- The pictures of the wrestlers from the backglass went from roided up monsters to slender wrestlers...only contributing to the facts that you keep debating about the trial.

Then again, you'd know more than Vince McMahon and the WWE, so we'll just go with your theory. lol

As for "Bram Stoker's Dracula", again, disagree- The table has been ranked in the Top 20 on every single pinball rating site, as well as been voted in the Top Ten Poll here. If those facts alone don't say how popular the table is, despite seeing it get requested on a daily basis on TPA Facebook page, than I don't know what else to tell you? lol

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
This is the "roided up" prototype backglass
image.jpg

Then the actual final backglass with toned down Hogan :) -
image.jpg

Bingo.

It's amazing how Hulk went from JUICED to "Mr. Fitness". lol Also, look at Lex! Anyone who knows wrestling knows that Lex was juiced for YEARS....He NEVER looked that clean while with the WWF. It's also amazing how they went from like 30 wrestlers on the glass to only 6.

But nope, it has nothing to do with the steroid trial that was killing McMahon and the WWF at the time....

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I bet the nasty boys were happy with the change since they are the only two instantly recognizable dudes getting owned on the glass. I think the other two are the Beverly brothers? I can't recall that anyone on the backglass had left at that point, aside from previously mentioned, when the table came out (although a whole bunch of them would shortly after).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts