Table Pack #31/Halloween/Start of Season 4 Speculation Thread

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I wouldn't mind Eight Ball Deluxe Yet I think World Cup Soccer '94 is much more in demand than that table.

I would agree, but I would like to see them start to insert 1-2 older classics into seasons so that they can extend the number of really good DMD games so that we can maybe get an extra season or 2 down the road.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I really don't see what everybody see's in Eight Ball Deluxe, I find it rather boring. At least the one I played at a Pinball show I went to last November, also the place was loud and eight ball was turned down. I will buy it whenever it comes out, I just hope for all your sakes, you know who you are I like this table. I need good Sounds, Music, and quite a bit of talking and a decent Playfield, again I didn play it much, I quit the game on my second ball. If I see it again this November, I will ask them to turn it up.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I really don't see what everybody see's in Eight Ball Deluxe, I find it rather boring. At least the one I played at a Pinball show I went to last November, also the place was loud and eight ball was turned down. I will buy it whenever it comes out, I just hope for all your sakes, you know who you are I like this table. I need good Sounds, Music, and quite a bit of talking and a decent Playfield, again I didn play it much, I quit the game on my second ball. If I see it again this November, I will ask them to turn it up.

Me either. Like I said back then, I think Big Shot and CBW are far better pool themed tables.

My older brother grew up with EBD and says it's a pretty good, but so far, I haven't been impressed.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Changed my mind on Phantom of the Opera. While I think the game is a "shoot the ramp and ignore everything else" type game, it's still a Data East. I don't think we've ever received a table from this company before and it'll be interesting to see how they handle the emulation.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Changed my mind on Phantom of the Opera. While I think the game is a "shoot the ramp and ignore everything else" type game, it's still a Data East. I don't think we've ever received a table from this company before and it'll be interesting to see how they handle the emulation.

That's the spirit!!! :cool:

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I want late 80's Solid State Non-DMD's, like Jokerz, Fire!, Mousin' Around, Bad Cats, Banzai Run (yes I heard about the possible backglass problems with this game), F-14 Tomcat, Big Guns, Comet, Cyclone, Truck Stop, Earthshaker, and I know I missed a few. I am mostly a DMD person, but those few I would really like to see. Oh and I forgot Radical, I played a mint one at a friend that I work with, he had that game and I loved it. He also had a Freddy:Nightmare on elm Street, let me tell you both of those were a big surprise, and they have to be on The Pinball Arcade. He had a few more but he said two of them the Flippers were broken, one of them was Jolly Park, and the other was Capcom's Kingpin, he bought those two at a show he went to in Allentown Pennsylvania.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I want late 80's Solid State Non-DMD's, like Jokerz, Fire!, Mousin' Around, Bad Cats, Banzai Run (yes I heard about the possible backglass problems with this game), F-14 Tomcat, Big Guns, Comet, Cyclone, Truck Stop, Earthshaker, and I know I missed a few. I am mostly a DMD person, but those few I would really like to see. Oh and I forgot Radical, I played a mint one at a friend that I work with, he had that game and I loved it. He also had a Freddy:Nightmare on elm Street, let me tell you both of those were a big surprise, and they have to be on The Pinball Arcade. He had a few more but he said two of them the Flippers were broken, one of them was Jolly Park, and the other was Capcom's Kingpin, he bought those two at a show he went to in Allentown Pennsylvania.

You and me both. Those late 80s-early 90s tables are my faves!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
You and me both. Those late 80s-early 90s tables are my faves!

My realistic most wanted:

- Bone Busters
- Corvette
- Demolition Man
- Dirty Harry
- F-14 Tomcat
- Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Hook
- Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure
- Judge Dredd
- Lethal Weapon 3
- Monopoly
- Mousin' Around
- Rescue 911
- Silverball Mania
- Simpsons Pinball Party, The
- Sorcerer
- Swords of Fury
- Wipeout
- Xenon

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012

The thing to remember about Eight Ball Deluxe's popularity, (and the reason that I would like to see it come to The Pinball Arcade), is the nostalgia factor. Eight Ball Deluxe's ruleset is not incredibly deep as I recall. The sounds and light show are not bad, but not amazing. By all those counts, it probably should be passed by. But, TONS of these machines used to be scattered around arcades, pizza parlors, and other pinball-offering establishments back in the day.

I remember playing Eight Ball Deluxe a lot back then because, well, it was there. The main reason I got into The Pinball Arcade in the first place is for the nostalgia. There are some tables that I have since played on The Pinball Arcade and have to concede are probably "objectively" better with deeper rulesets, better light shows, better music, and more satisfying sound effects and targets to shoot for. But, I didn't have the anticipation for those tables anywhere near what I had for real favorites like High Speed, Black Knight 2000, Whirlwind, Firepower, and yes, even Eight Ball Deluxe if it were to come.

In that same vein, I'm really looking forward to Eight Ball Deluxe, F-14 Tomcat, Xenon, Red & Ted's Roadshow, High Speed II: The Getaway, Earthshaker, Jokerz!, Riverboat Gambler, Comet, Cyclone, Firepower II, Flash, and others. We may not see all of those, but I'd anticipate them with great zeal. I'd also love to see some more electro-mechanical tables for this same reason. You can argue that there are already very similar tables, or better tables, or whatever. It doesn't matter. I used to play those tables, and that's why I'm anticipating them far more than tables that are superior in gameplay (like Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Attack From Mars, etc.) that I didn't play back in the day. I've grown to love some of these newer tables, but they were never the reason I got into The Pinball Arcade. So yes, I am (and I believe others are) looking forward to Eight Ball Deluxe much more than to other "superior" tables, and I'm sticking to that story.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
My realistic most wanted:

- Bone Busters
- Corvette
- Demolition Man
- Dirty Harry
- F-14 Tomcat
- Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Hook
- Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure
- Judge Dredd
- Lethal Weapon 3
- Monopoly
- Mousin' Around
- Rescue 911
- Silverball Mania
- Simpsons Pinball Party, The
- Sorcerer
- Swords of Fury
- Wipeout
- Xenon

9f78c6d9b58c020466c4527e0de35b3a.jpg

There really are so many tables still out there to be made. Plus, add in the tables that are imminent(Cyclone, Earthshaker, Safecracker, Jack*Bot, The Getaway, and POTO)!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts