Table pack #39 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You're a man of strong beliefs. ;)

That hint can't come around soon enough. I'm running out of tables. Well, tables that I would be interested/excited to see.

I mean I could go to ipdb and just run through a list of 60s EMs if I really wanted to.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I actually know a couple of tables coming up, and I'm excited about them all. Season 5 pass? Day one purchase, no hesitation.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I doubt we'd get two bally 80's tables in a row-as much as I've been wanting EBD since voting for it in the Bally poll in which Centaur won.

I could enjoy SoF (LIONMAN!!!), but would much prefer Sorcerer.

However, we still don't have a Gottlieb for this season. Should that happen, it will be either an alphanumeric (TX, SnS, Cactus Jack, or maybe the much-talked-about BBI), or they bring us a DMD (Gladiators or, preferably, Stargate).

If the Xenon beta is out, we could find out in days.......

It is out. I really like it. Of course, I'm a big fan of alphanumerics.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I think it is a given that Roadshow, The Getaway, and Safe Cracker will all be released by the end of Season 5. Plus Farsight likes to do 2 Halloween tables in Sept and Oct (2 of Freddy, Tales From the Crypt, Bone Crushers, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein). PLUS that whole Last Action Hero thing and a potential Simpsons kickstarter. And lets not forget about te Banzai Run and F14 rumors. And Mousin Around has been requested a lot lately. So the next 12 tables are a lot to look forward to and I can see what SYT is excited about.

Now, what I am curious about is what happens after season 5? Will it be the end of regular releases? Will farsight concentrate on older tables? Gottliebs and Sterns?

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Seconded :D

That table's a lot more fun than people give it credit for. The combos and flow on that machine are awesome :)

You should try playing one with a freshly-cleaned playfield. Whizzzzz!

Oh, and the running backhand of the Carburettor. If/when Corvette is ever made, I expect to be able to make this shot. It's a lifesaver.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Now, what I am curious about is what happens after season 5? Will it be the end of regular releases? Will farsight concentrate on older tables? Gottliebs and Sterns?

Hopefully not THE END OF EVERYTHING. Are there any quotes from FS saying Season 6 will be made? :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Would Mike and Shutyertrap really be that excited about a Gottlieb table :confused:

Maybe they're excited about a possible Simpson kickstarter within the next few weeks. Since Harry Shearer quit, this may have bumped up the timeline for FarSight to do one, with the same "now or never" imperative that T2 faced.

Either that, or you are completely wrong, and these guys are salivating (and admit it, you are too) over table #39 being a Gottlieb! :eek:

invitro

May 4, 2012
However, we still don't have a Gottlieb for this season. Should that happen, it will be either an alphanumeric (TX, SnS, Cactus Jack, or maybe the much-talked-about BBI), or they bring us a DMD (Gladiators or, preferably, Stargate).

I would bet a little bit on Gladiators, or more likely Wipe Out, or less likely World Challenge Soccer. Those are the three remaining unlicensed DMD Gottliebs. They were/are quite a bit lesser hits than CBW and Tee'd Off though, in production and IPDb rating, so I don't know. All TPA tables are in the IPDb top 300 except Harley Davidson 3rd Edition, Goin' Nuts, and El Dorado City of Gold. The latter two were special cases that I don't expect to be repeated. Wipe Out is #172, Gladiators is #288, and World Challenge Soccer is (very) unranked.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Maybe they're excited about a possible Simpson kickstarter within the next few weeks. Since Harry Shearer quit, this may have bumped up the timeline for FarSight to do one, with the same "now or never" imperative that T2 faced.

Either that, or you are completely wrong, and these guys are salivating (and admit it, you are too) over table #39 being a Gottlieb! :eek:

Since Harry Shearer didn't do any voice work for TSPP, his quitting the show is neither here nor there.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I would bet a little bit on Gladiators, or more likely Wipe Out, or less likely World Challenge Soccer. Those are the three remaining unlicensed Gottliebs. They were/are quite a bit lesser hits than CBW and Tee'd Off though, in production and IPDb rating, so I don't know. All TPA tables are in the IPDb top 300 except Harley Davidson 3rd Edition, Goin' Nuts, and El Dorado City of Gold. The latter two were special cases that I don't expect to be repeated. Wipe Out is #172, Gladiators is #288, and World Challenge Soccer is (very) unranked.

There are very few remaining solid state, pre-DMD, ranked Gottliebs: Joker Poker, Devil's Dare, Surf 'n Safari, and Operation: Thunder. Would Devil's Dare be an appropriate Halloween table? Apparently TX-Sector and Cactus Jack's are unranked, if my data is correct.

Cactus Jack's is 204 and TX-Sector is 221.

Cactus Jack's is my favorite alphanumeric Premier, followed by Operation Thunder.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Cactus Jack's is 204 and TX-Sector is 221.

Cactus Jack's is my favorite alphanumeric Premier, followed by Operation Thunder.

CJ is another one I'd hope to see someday in TPA. Gotta love his cameo in CBW's "where's the king?" sequence.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I think it is a given that Roadshow, The Getaway, and Safe Cracker will all be released by the end of Season 5. Plus Farsight likes to do 2 Halloween tables in Sept and Oct (2 of Freddy, Tales From the Crypt, Bone Crushers, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein). PLUS that whole Last Action Hero thing and a potential Simpsons kickstarter. And lets not forget about te Banzai Run and F14 rumors. And Mousin Around has been requested a lot lately. So the next 12 tables are a lot to look forward to and I can see what SYT is excited about.

----
That'd be great...tables that aren't on this top 300 list. Hidden gems eh. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts