Table Pack #5 And #6 On Vita/PS3 Delayed

Ballpin

Sep 13, 2012
My only qualm with the recent PS3 /Vita delay is giving out the bad news on the 11 th hour on a monday prior to the tuesday of the expected release , that was too short notice .

That's really where I'm coming from, I'm sitting at the PC this morning and realized I forgot all about the update yesterday so I come here to see what people think of the new tables before heading to play them myself and get greeted with the packs #5 and #6 delayed thread. Total bummer!

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
This whole FS/Sony download content delay, bugs, is beyond frustrating now. Someone needs to get there S#!T together on whoever's end is at fault. Still waiting for the promised updates on table development progress after I donated $350 toward both Kickstarter projects. No updates for Twilight Zone or STNNG since the Kickstarters ended is unacceptable too! No response to e-mails from FS when inquiring about updates for those two tables. This can't be very positive for the Steam GreenLight either! Unfortunately ZEN pinball2 is going to be my go to pinball till proper DLC is available for PS3.

I agree to scrap the whole idea of future dates for Pinball DLC, too many disappointing delays! Rather just have surprise update that works!

This will not be very good for future Kickstarter projects, I know I will be cautious, based on current past customer treatment.

Last edited:

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
What's frustrating is that it happened EVERY time. It should never have happened more than once. If it was really Sony's fault there would have been a lot of DLC delayed yesterday. Strangely only TPA's DLC has been delayed. It is a matter of looking like a professional company that don't tolerate mistakes happening more than once. It has been the same thing since the first pack. They give a time frame, then they announce a date a least a couple weeks later than the time frame, then just before the release they delay it. If every other game company can do it why can't they. Maybe the boss's deadbeat little brother is the guy in charge of submtting the patches and he can't fire him cause his mom is not going to forgive him. That is the most plausible explanation I can think of. I don't want no free pack I don't no excuses I want to know they took care of the problem and that it won't happen again.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Still waiting for the promised updates on table development progress after I donated $350 toward both Kickstarter projects. No updates for Twilight Zone or STNNG since the Kickstarters ended is unacceptable too! No response to e-mails from FS when inquiring about updates for those two tables.
Frustrated as I am with the many, many, MANY bugs in the various tables and the various delays in DLC releases for the PS3, the above is my main beef with Farsight. Exactly how hard would it be to toss up a screenshot or two of some of their TZ work? A photo of a dude taking measurements? I mean, really, 5 minutes guys. That's all it would take to give us a worthwhile update.

Tabe

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think it's time for them to hire a community manager to keep to everyone informed of what's going on.

Mike said that they do have someone doing fulltime customer support now (the guy who posts facebook updates/comments).

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I recall the last time there was a problem with the update messing up RBION before the new fix FS said something about a bonus or consultation for the inconvenience but now I cant find it on FB? Do you think SONY cuts FS slack for making the game cross compatible?

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I recall the last time there was a problem with the update messing up RBION before the new fix FS said something about a bonus or consultation for the inconvenience but now I cant find it on FB? Do you think SONY cuts FS slack for making the game cross compatible?

Do you mean the free ball skin?
That sounds a bit wrong...

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
No they didnt really say what just that there would be SOMETHING then went on to say they will be testing more but after seeing what XBOX is going through THEY can have it! :) Always look on the bright side of life....from the dark side.

Shifty Pete

Oct 10, 2012
I'm disappointed by the delay on the new tables, but I really hope they don't stop annoucing target release dates. Otherwise I'll be going to work on every Tuesday morning on no sleep after checking the store all night for new tables. People just need to understand that these are target dates, not contracts written in blood.

A tad more advance notice of the delay would have been nice, though.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
I'm think it's valid for many of us to feel disappointed by this. It's become a sick joke at this point if it's true that every pack has caused some issues on the PS3.

I'll happily fork over my cash for more tables once I have heard the feedback. It was great to get that Zen Pinball pack cheap this week, but lets face it, Zen just isn't that great of a pinball game. I want TPA to be the go to game in this regard. Playing wise, it's far superior to anything out there as far as replicating the pinball experience. I just can't in good faith hand over cash to Farsight for tables sight unseen anymore based on the constant problems.

None of us would be upset and frustrated if Farsight wasn't doing such a noble and mostly great job with TPA. It's these dumb bugs and issues that are holding it back.

Mmmbacon

Jul 6, 2012
Exactly how hard would it be to toss up a screenshot or two of some of their TZ work? A photo of a dude taking measurements? I mean, really, 5 minutes guys. That's all it would take to give us a worthwhile update

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
THIS!!!!!!!!!!! I agree, this is the most disappointing thing. And I fear the reason for no updates is that there aren't any to give! FOUR months after the TZ Kickstarter finishes not ONE single update on progress. This is what makes me wonder about the future of Pinball Arcade. Your loyal customer have GIVEN you over SEVENTY FIVE GRAND, and yet you can't take 1 minute to throw us a bone. Please keep in mind, this is not a situation you can shift blame likes been done with the PS3. "It's x fault" , "so and so didnt resubmit" etc etc "sony reccommends we delay". We have no recourse with the multiple delays,no investment for table not yet finished. When someone lines your pocket with 75 grand, you need to keep those benefactors posted. There simply isn't an excuse for radio silence on this.

And the thing is, even with the bungling of the ps3 dlc (to everyone saying Farsight never mentioned any dates, i retort with the fact that they presented it EVERYWHERE as "new tables every month!". Technically your right they gave us no dates, but a lot of people bought in because of the frequency of DLC. That simple hasn't happened)., the lack of any movement at all with TZ, IM STILL gonna buy it on the iPhone, PS3 and PC if it ever comes. But with each delay and lack of update, my interest level wanes that much further. I really think you guys need to stop and get together, come up with a "state of the union", and at the same time, get every one on the same page, no more dates on DLC or whatever you have to do, to give us a little bit of the confidence lost. Because your current path will soon result in lost revenue and a lot of unhappy loyal customers.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Zen Pinball 2 doesn't bungle like these guys do and they have to make their own roms. It's quiet good actually. I just wish TPA would get it together.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
THIS!!!!!!!!!!! I agree, this is the most disappointing thing. And I fear the reason for no updates is that there aren't any to give! FOUR months after the TZ Kickstarter finishes not ONE single update on progress. This is what makes me wonder about the future of Pinball Arcade. Your loyal customer have GIVEN you over SEVENTY FIVE GRAND, and yet you can't take 1 minute to throw us a bone.
Umm...

3.) Why have we not seen any in-progress videos or demos of The Twilight Zone - and when will we?

Bobby: "We’re working on editing a Twilight Zone Making Of video this week, but it takes time. We're a relatively small team. The emulation/engineering work as well as the artwork is underway. We'll post the making of video, screenshots and a demo video once we get further along. My best guess would be the end of October through early November to be the right time to roll out this development progress content."
There's your bone.

Zen Pinball 2 doesn't bungle like these guys do and they have to make their own roms. It's quiet good actually. I just wish TPA would get it together.
Zen doesn't need to make ROMs for their tables; they have complete control over all the code in their games. It's only if you're trying to accurately re-create an existing table that you need to emulate ROMs.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I understand people being frustrated with delays or bugs or whatever. I just choose to not caught up in it. One of the keys to a happy life is to not try to change the things that we can not change. We can't change the dates of release or the bugs they are released with. We can report the bugs but then move on. I'd rather spend the time finding tables in real life to play.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

Actually Zen does have an occasional problem as well..

ZenProbs.jpg

Last edited:

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Everyone has some bugs and I know about rom emulation. Just saying ZP sticks by their dates at least....I like TPA but I am tired of tables being totally bungled up and then having to wait forever for a patch and then there's more problems. That's all.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.