Table Pack #53 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I played one of these at ReplayFX. Quite a fun game, I agree.

Besides, no bowling-themed pins on TPA yet! (Either that or Strikes and Spares from Bally.)

There+s+an+app+for+that+99+percent+of+your+problems_5884b2_3072326.png

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Great tables suggested so far. How do you guys feel about Williams Tripple Strike with Ace High as a 2fer? They could do 300, but then we might get Jive Time instead, Im thinking they mix up the manufacturer on any EM 2 packs

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Tables 1, 2 and 4 are all DMDs, so I reckon we'll have an alpha numeric for 3. Like Mousin' Around for instance.

I'd rather have Rollergames myself. But Mousin Around was also a fun table back in the day and has a good light-hearted theme. IMO, that makes it a good selection.
"Those darn mice!"

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
If they do all sport themes for this season (which would be neat) can throw in things like Strikes and Spares, Vector (futuristic roller derby w/ Jai alai), Skateball, Laser War (futuristic paintball), BMX (awesome outlane save mechanic) and Pool Sharks/Eight Ball Deluxe. But of course those would only be filler for World Cup Soccer and Fastbreak.

pedersonsx

Apr 17, 2015
I'll take Mousin' & Fire foremost. See Rollergames is getting more attention here recently & Banzai Run not so much. I've not played either those machines, would like to hear which is (better) comparison from those who have?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Rollergames would be amazing. I love that table. I haven't played Banzai Run for ages, I know I loved it back then. Can't tell which one is better.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Rollergames is superior to Banzai Run, hands down.

Banzai has a rather simple racing rule set, and the whole point is to get to the vertical play field. Once there though, and after the novelty has worn off, there's not much left to do. If you've ever played Zen's Paranormal, you'll understand what fun a vertical play field can or can't be.

Rollergames is a late System 11 game and is different for a Ritchie game in that it isn't all flow and go. There are some catch and shoot aspects, and the usual speed often comes from crazy bounces. It's bright and vivd, has my favorite music of any pinball, and the call outs are even semi quotable. I still sometimes find myself saying "Go for the wall!" and getting funny looks from non pinheads.

To be clear, I am a fan of Banzai Run and would love to see it in TPA. It's rare to find these days, is a Lawlor table and he's my fave designer, and I want any System 11 machine possible. Rollergames coming 2 years later is like Ritchie doing his best imitation of Lawlor while keeping his signature style intact. I worked at an arcade that has this and Whirlwind next to each other and both of those pretty much influenced my pinball mind as far as what I like in a table. Banzai Run just gets an appreciative nod from me.

p6800

May 17, 2013
As i said here, i only care about Rollergames right now!

It's a s11 by Ritchie! What could go wrong? Just fester up some of the logos and be done with it this season!

pedersonsx

Apr 17, 2015
Thanks for the feedback guys. I remember Rollergames around my college days, never played though. My grandpa owned a bar back then & always had a pin with darts & pool. Addams Family (still not a fan) Whirlwind which all the brothers & I loved. Gorgar for the longest time which is still a favorite of mine as well as HS Getaway that I only got to play on a few occasions, few others don't recall off hand. S. Ritchie is the king imo, hope RG is coming soon😉

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I want Banzai Run over just about anything else at this point. But Rollergames is good too. I want both. But, aside from my S6 guesses in the predict poll - I'm just guessing BR from here on out.

So there you go.

PS - Steve Ritchie was really cool to meet and talk to!

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
better video does not make the game itself better. I'm not a fan of Rollergames but it is 274797847 times better game.
I really wonder how many of those who want Banazai Run actually have played that one IRL for more then a few times. Or is it the interest based solely on videos/pictures of the game? The game is not Xnenon but it is not much more than that also. And we already have Safecracker......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts