Table Pack #61 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

May 10, 2012
Yay! Happyface!

It's a little bit overrated as a player, but those sounds (he says while melting)

It has one of the best theme songs on any machine ever, so I will be happy with this one. Even if it is a bit simple when it comes to the rules (like so many sys 11) it has a unique layout, a cool theme and......Lionman

Here cum da guards!!

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Ah, yes, Swords of Fury. Great music and memorable callouts. Mini-playfield is all that maters, though. Gets old quickly.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I don't get why there's a dancer in the hint either, but I'm glad we're finally getting Swords of Fury!

It's supposed to be the phonetic word for Bally. Ballet / Bally. Like OVE is in place for the word OF.

Took a bit to get this one.

Glad this one is coming. A fun to play table.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Somebody tell the Buffalo Pinball guys!

Have some nostalgia to tide you over for the next month.

Bally-Williams is BACK, baby! The worst is behind us!

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
The music is unfortunately the best part about SoF. Most of the playfield has virtually no flow and there aren't really any good shots. The upper mini-playfield is great and the progressively timed drop targets are a unique feature, but the rest of the table just suffers from poor design.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
the music is awesome on this table, but wish we could have the mechanical sounds in TPA like from that vid!

FrankenBall

Feb 20, 2015
Right there with ya wolfson and Trackball!!!! I too am hoping the worst is behind us. Still thinking of deciding with my wallet. Months of disappointing, hard to look at Gottliebs (EM's excepted) we've endured, bad rollout of half cooked product for SPA; and now FINALLY back to the core of what made pinball great. I've been waiting for SoF for 2 years after I played one at the Midwest Gaming Classic. Music is great, I disagree with the allegations of poor playfield design, and enjoy its flow and hard tunnel shots. The theme and art set it SO far above what we've seen lately in TPA compared with the astonishingly ugly board "art" of BB/CJ/Al G. that it will be a relief not to have to worry about whether LOOKING at the board will be more of a challenge than PLAYING it in the long run.

I really like the "ballet Williams" twist in the rebus. Painful, but I like it. Research rewarded! Great catch Garycope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.