Table Pack #64 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We just spent 10 minutes in the BlahCade podcast for this week ripping on the choice of Firepower II. FarSight is trolling us both with table choice and making us stair at the orange buffoon.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I sure hope we get the Shadow this season. I saw a back glass that doesn't have Baldwin's mug and it looks great.

I think Karl has one of these custom made (?) Shadows at home... just saying

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Prior to the newsletter somebody on Facebook had made a comment that it would be either Firepower 2, World Cup or Fathom. I can just hope he has some inside knowledge and we'll finally get Fathom.

Regarding FP2, why? If they wanna do an early SS Williams, why not something different like Pharoah, Solar Fire or Flash. I mean WTF? Who chooses these games? FP2 was a recycled idea that Steve's brother, Mark, wanted to try to get his feet wet at his new job soon after he was hired at Williams.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Which one of you jokers wishing for a return to Bally/Williams used a monkey's paw?

simpsons-monkey-paw2.jpg

Edit: What are the odds of FP2 being part of a two-pack with an EM, like El Dorado? Not good? I mean, it is kinda weird that the clue has so much emphasis. Maybe two tables with the word Fire?

Well, 12 people wound up unemployed in the hint quote. I must be missing something......

Going by that, it's either Firepower 2 or Fire!.

Maybe the "12" is a reference to how many more months it'll take to update SPA.

Only one off from [System] 11. Fire!

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
oh well , at least we are getting a table of some description hehe !!! and the school teacher from Brisbane just beat my namesake Manny !!! the US commentator chucked a mental banana !!! :cool:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Firepower II isn't too bad, ranked 167th currently on Pinside, just one spot ahead of Fire! and right around Bad Cats at 158th. Most rating it said they preferred this one over the original, but the negatives of the table were only 2 ball multiball compared to three, and no speech in cost cutting reason. Honestly I will give it a chance even though I had about 20+ tables I would've liked to have seen first. heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOKtb-B5Mno&t=116s

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Guess I'll have to put Fire! down again for the next table speculation thread.
Was hoping I didn't have to put it down again.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

karl

May 10, 2012
Firepower 2? Norm, you GOT some explaining to do:confused:

I can't Fathom why they would choose this one when there are so many other great early 80' to choose from. Also a lot of great system 11's left to do.(and yes, even a few dmd's with soft licenses ;) )

Then again, I stopped trying to figure out Farsight's desitions a long time ago. At least it is another Williams and not premier.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Maybe it was a time-saving measure since they only need to alter Firepower instead of building the table from scratch?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Jeeez, i though season 6 couldn't be topped for blandness but FarSight is proving me wrong!!!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yea wait a month for wipeout thinking the next one has to be a great one. And then you get some **** like firepower II

This table hint is racking what's left of my brain.

Best case scenario: The eleven mentions of "fired" could be a reference to Williams System 11=which would make Fire! the natural choice.
The power "hiding in the back" could be a reference to finally completing ROM emulation for FirePower and many others.

If you just read the last part of the hint, of course it's a direct reference to Firepower II, but that still doesn't explain the other eleven mentions of folks losing their jobs.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest both Fire! and Firepower II could be released as a double-pack. FP2 is so similar to the first one that it can't take too many resources to do that one, like they did with El Dorado 1975 in that dual pack.

Kudos to FarSight for for giving us a brain teaser this time around. Shame on them for injecting politics into our digital pinball experience by using Trump.
I'm sure he'll tweet about that in 5...4...3...2...

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013

Best case scenario: The eleven mentions of "fired" could be a reference to Williams System 11=which would make Fire! the natural choice.
The power "hiding in the back" could be a reference to finally completing ROM emulation for FirePower and many others.

If you just read the last part of the hint, of course it's a direct reference to Firepower II, but that still doesn't explain the other eleven mentions of folks losing their jobs.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest both Fire! and Firepower II could be released as a double-pack. FP2 is so similar to the first one that it can't take too many resources to do that one, like they did with El Dorado 1975 in that dual pack.

Kudos to FarSight for for giving us a brain teaser this time around. Shame on them for injecting politics into our digital pinball experience by using Trump.

That actually wouldn't be too bad an idea, when they had an extra month they could've scanned in an extra table, would be awesome to get both Fire! and Firepower II, just hope they wouldn't turn around and say no table the following month then.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Never played this one. It's Firepower and it has ramps... that means it's good right? I really like 80's Williams tables, myself.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

So using pictures of other people in table hints is completely fine, except for Trump because he's the current President. Nope, I'm not buying that.

The assumption that this is related to politics is absurd. Just because they used Trump as the hint doesn't mean it has anything to do with politics.

Trump's "You're Fired" quote is from his show, "The Apprentice", which has nothing to do with politics. This hint is completely fine to use.

And with that, I'm halting this discussion point right here. Back to Fire/power II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.