Table Pack #67 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
They just redid BoP so that the lighting isn't burned in, making the DX11 version look way better. That being said, I don't know if they bothered re photographing the table or worked with original assets. I certainly hope if they visit MB that they'll at least run the toys through their 3D scanner which they didn't have back then.

Surely they have high resolution assets available that whats include on the table at the moment?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I’m not sure they do for the first few seasons but again it wasn’t the product it’s become....time money and resources

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
First 2 seasons, they used a different camera for photographing than all other seasons. They've since improved conditions the take the photos in as well as higher resolution. Keep in mind though, often these photos were used entirely only for reference, as playfield art might be completely worn, or certain plastics or objects weren't actually release correct.

Also, as I mentioned, they did not have a 3D scanner for objects until maybe season 4. Remember the T2 head fiasco? That was because the model was being created entirely by eye and physical measurements. Only our complaining got it looking like it does. Scanner eliminated those issues. I know Flippy Floppy (Rob) wants nothing more than to scan the toys on MB, because they are quite the embarrassment to everyone up there.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Those of us who prefer playing on mobile are used to lower resolution textures but even on PC there is a stark contrast between Seasons 1 & 2 and the rest. It's actually worse on PC because it's so much more apparent that the textures are terrible.

Personally, I have been pretty happy with playfield textures on recent seasons. What I'm not happy about is the textures on aprons and some of the plastics. They are noticeably low res on my iPad Air 2.

Edit: on further review, this seems to really just be a problem with some tables. Paragon looks awful. The playfield is fine but plastics and apron are lower res and have noticeable pixelation.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I believe Paragon is one of those machines they "borrowed" from the pinball museum in Banning. Might have suffered in translation if they were not allowed to do a full tear down.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I take it they dont have the resources for these problem plastic, apron and playfileds that are low res to just redraw them, i know at the height of Visual Pinball a lot of the table creators just redrew the playfields and there is like a stupidly high res Monster Bash complete playfield redraw resource available. I wonder why with resources they have that are not up to the standard of the rest of the table (like Paragon) they dont just redraw them!?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I take it they dont have the resources for these problem plastic, apron and playfileds that are low res to just redraw them, i know at the height of Visual Pinball a lot of the table creators just redrew the playfields and there is like a stupidly high res Monster Bash complete playfield redraw resource available. I wonder why with resources they have that are not up to the standard of the rest of the table (like Paragon) they dont just redraw them!?
Exactly. I am begging for a redraw of tables like monster bash or cftbl for years now. Or just buy one of the super high res resources out there. In the early days some vp authors even offered to help out with resources (look for unclewilly post).
It's just sad that some of the greatest tables get preserved in an ugly state.

Gesendet von meinem Lenovo YT3-X50L mit Tapatalk

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Exactly. I am begging for a redraw of tables like monster bash or cftbl for years now. Or just buy one of the super high res resources out there. In the early days some vp authors even offered to help out with resources (look for unclewilly post).
It's just sad that some of the greatest tables get preserved in an ugly state.

Gesendet von meinem Lenovo YT3-X50L mit Tapatalk

We seem to agree on this one. The latest selections haven't been bad, per se. Wipeout is OK, but I would love to see WH2O get similar graphical treatment. Firepower 2 is not bad, but IMHO, the original one blows it out of the water. Sadly, it's probably years away from software emulation, let alone the graphics. As far a green creatures go, It would be nice to see a graphical touch-up to AFM so it would look as good as Cactus Jack's currently does.

FarSight's plate seems to be too full. Trying to get TPA on so many platforms-all of which have their own programming rules, and sticking to a 1-per-month release plan probably allows next to no time to address current issues with TPA or make improvements to existing tables.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
FarSight's plate seems to be too full. Trying to get TPA on so many platforms-all of which have their own programming rules, and sticking to a 1-per-month release plan probably allows next to no time to address current issues with TPA or make improvements to existing tables.

I'm actually pretty comfortable with what they are doing with Season 7, as I understand it it will be only 9 table packs due to the month off, but one of those packs will be a double-EM and another will be a "premium" modern Stern in Ghostbusters, so it's still $50 worth of content for $30 (at mobile pricing). The month off actually made real improvements in the game, especially with the revitalizing of Circus Voltaire and Black Knight, it's almost like getting two additional new tables since they have been improved so much. If this schedule would allow them to take a slight breather and fix some bugs 1 out of every 10 months it seems reasonable.

For all that I complain about the bugs and quality control issues, as a software company these guys pump out an incredible amount of pretty solid content on a really aggressive schedule. I have to assume that all of the consoles they support must really provide a lot of revenue to make up for the extra dev and support costs.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I'm actually pretty comfortable with what they are doing with Season 7, as I understand it it will be only 9 table packs due to the month off, but one of those packs will be a double-EM and another will be a "premium" modern Stern in Ghostbusters, so it's still $50 worth of content for $30 (at mobile pricing). The month off actually made real improvements in the game, especially with the revitalizing of Circus Voltaire and Black Knight, it's almost like getting two additional new tables since they have been improved so much. If this schedule would allow them to take a slight breather and fix some bugs 1 out of every 10 months it seems reasonable.

For all that I complain about the bugs and quality control issues, as a software company these guys pump out an incredible amount of pretty solid content on a really aggressive schedule. I have to assume that all of the consoles they support must really provide a lot of revenue to make up for the extra dev and support costs.

Is stern ghostbusters a definite for this month?

Nov 18, 2016
Is stern ghostbusters a definite for this month?

Yeah, it's been confirmed.

I'm okay with the choice. I've never played it, but by videos I've seen of both the physical and virtual versions, it looks pretty and a lot of fun to play. Plus, it fulfills the Halloween (my fave holiday) tradition. True, I think I would prefer a more classic table (or EM 2-pack) than SPB. And I'm not thrilled about the $10 price tag. But they're not deal breakers.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
So people really don't care that people who have the Season 7 pass and SPA Retail/Bundle 2 bought Ghostbusters twice?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
because this is such a big table, they wish to make a dx9 version so more people can play it i think.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
So people really don't care that people who have the Season 7 pass and SPA Retail/Bundle 2 bought Ghostbusters twice?

iOS doesn’t sell a season pass until the season is over. So you won’t hear anything from iOS folks.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Maybe the EM pack will be Whoa! Nellie! Let's face it, SPA never had a chance.

Plus nothing about SPA has been fixed in almost a year.

Maybe it's migrating back to TPA. At least the tables will have about 10% fewer bugs there than they did in SPA.

I'll be okay with that, as TPA could use some great Sterns short of the Simpsons and LoTR.

Last edited:

Joelpbafan

Nov 1, 2015
Maybe it's a two pack Ghostbusters included but the yellow background come in farsigh t give better clues than this this is a head scratcher

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I still have my doubts that this months table is stern ghostbusters. I heard it was confirmed but by who. I would be more than happy to pay $10.00 each for sterns newer tables on TPA.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I still have my doubts that this months table is stern ghostbusters. I heard it was confirmed but by who. I would be more than happy to pay $10.00 each for sterns newer tables on TPA.

It's in Android and Steam beta testing. This is confirmed in the latest BlahCade podcast (or the one before it - either way, it's talked about by both Chris and Jared).

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I haven't bought the season seven pass up until this point but with stern ghostbusters confirmed as the next table I think that's enough incentive to buy it now especially since I never bought the stern pack which includes ghostbusters.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online