Table Pack #67 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I still have my doubts that this months table is stern ghostbusters. I heard it was confirmed but by who. I would be more than happy to pay $10.00 each for sterns newer tables on TPA.

FlippyFloppy (Farsight rep) just confirmed it in the PS4 1.8 patch thread.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Maybe the EM pack will be Whoa! Nellie! Let's face it, SPA never had a chance.

Plus nothing about SPA has been fixed in almost a year.

Maybe it's migrating back to TPA. At least the tables will have about 10% fewer bugs there than they did in SPA.

I'll be okay with that, as TPA could use some great Sterns short of the Simpsons and LoTR.

I wouldn't mind at all if Star Trek and corvette came over to TPA

bigvaughn57

May 30, 2013
Thank goodness...some sanity. I was wondering why Stern needed a separate app when TPA was a more than adequate & proven platform for their pins. Pinball lovers & creators Unite!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Thank goodness...some sanity. I was wondering why Stern needed a separate app when TPA was a more than adequate & proven platform for their pins. Pinball lovers & creators Unite!!

From day one of SPA I said I would never buy stern tables on a separate app. It just didn’t make any sense for farsight to be working on tables for two apps. I have all the TPA tables and don’t want to switch apps to play a different table.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
On iOS the system requirements were greater for SPA than in TPA. Will that have to change to put those pins in TPA? Will those pins have to be "dumbed down"? Or will older devises no longer be supported in TPA?

Has FS actually said they are getting rid of SPA? Or is this just speculation?

bigvaughn57

May 30, 2013
On iOS the system requirements were greater for SPA than in TPA. Will that have to change to put those pins in TPA? Will those pins have to be "dumbed down"? Or will older devises no longer be supported in TPA?

Has FS actually said they are getting rid of SPA? Or is this just speculation?
Well...it does seem strange that a should be SPA app exclusive table should be released on TPA. No?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Well...it does seem strange that a should be SPA app exclusive table should be released on TPA. No?

Not if it’s just for Halloween. I’ll be curious to see if they announce the folding of SPA in the next newsletter.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
So would that mean AC/DC and Star Trek would be ported to TPA than I wonder :confused:

Who knows? I haven't heard that SPA is folding from FS yet. Until Stern or FS say something, I'm going to assume SPA is still going on.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Who knows? I haven't heard that SPA is folding from FS yet. Until Stern or FS say something, I'm going to assume SPA is still going on.

I wonder if FarSight is going to say something about this soon. I'd personally rather have everything in TPA than put all of the Sterns into one clunky, clumsy, and unsupported-for-nearly-a-year app. If that happens, there's pretty much the rest of season 7 and the "leaker" will be wholly discredited from now on.

bigvaughn57

May 30, 2013
That's why it's called speculation. We don't know...but adding a new Stern table that was supposed to be for SPA only looks pretty suspicious - especially if they want to get more people onboard the SPA app....hmmmmm.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I wonder if FarSight is going to say something about this soon. I'd personally rather have everything in TPA than put all of the Sterns into one clunky, clumsy, and unsupported-for-nearly-a-year app. If that happens, there's pretty much the rest of season 7 and the "leaker" will be wholly discredited from now on.

I'd prefer it all be in one app as well.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well, it looks like there are still going to be separate apps.

I just got notification of a new Android beta for Stern Pinball Arcade that includes Ghostbusters; and also a note that cross-purchasing should be enabled.

Since I've not purchased any packs for SPA (on Android or PC), this doesn't bother me so much - but for those who've paid for both Season 7 and the Stern Pack #2, time to get emailing support.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Well I'm glad this looks like it worked out perfectly for me. I got tired of the star trek debacle and lost faith in Farsight pulling of Ghostbusters so only got Mustang for $10 and not the GB pin included for $15. Actually also squeak helped steer me in the right directon. Now I get GB in my season 7 pack instead, works for me :)

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
So if you own GB in SPA you should get it in TPA.

Still a huge kick in the pants for people who bought SPA retail or Bundle 2 AND the Season 7 pass.

And im still bummed it isn't Spirit.

Was this always the plan? What would they have released if not GB?

They cheated, right? Technically this is an 8 table Seaaon because of the overlap with another app that was supposed to have exclusive tables.

To that end, if it took them this long to get GB out I guess that means we won't be seeing the other Stern tables this year.

I really want Rollercoaster Tycoon and I've never played Big Buck Hunter.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
There's always more crappy horror themed gottliebs to scrape out from the bottom of the barrel using the Halloween excuse :/

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Since I've not purchased any packs for SPA (on Android or PC), this doesn't bother me so much - but for those who've paid for both Season 7 and the Stern Pack #2, time to get emailing support.

This is really the rub, there are people who in good faith purchased Ghostbusters on SPA and also purchased Season 7, and it was definitely not reasonable to assume that GB would end up as part of Season 7 (in fact I would say all the information would indicate that an SPA=>TPA table duplicate would NEVER happen). Same goes if they eventually wanted to bring Star Trek, AC/DC or Mustang over to TPA. Farsight really needs to do right by these customers. I assume they will. Realistically, this has to be a pretty low number of people overall, and they are likely some of FS's best customers, so it would be silly NOT to offer them some kind of credit toward future tables or some other perk.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
us Wog Boys would say , TPA SPA .......... same thing !!!! smile and have a great day everyone !!!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online