Taxi/HD/Gofers/Elvria update out!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
But seriously, does anyone else considered running over pedestrians a bit tasteless?
Not particularly compared to what goes on in today's movies/TV/video games, but I am somewhat surprised the legal types at Harley Davidson didn't force a change.

Captain Chris

Jun 6, 2012
Anyone elses No Good Gofers on the ipad have ramps that are completely opaque? I don't like how you can't see under them, should be transparent.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Anyone elses No Good Gofers on the ipad have ramps that are completely opaque? I don't like how you can't see under them, should be transparent.

Not sure why they are colored in. In the real version, and the Williams Hall of Fame version, they are transparent. They aren't even supposed to be that color blue, it's more of a smoked, see through blue in the real thing. On the early screens of the Xbox version we were complaining that they weren't transparent enough. On the iOS release, they aren't transparent at all. You can't see the outlanes!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Not sure why they are colored in. In the real version, and the Williams Hall of Fame version, they are transparent. They aren't even supposed to be that color blue, it's more of a smoked, see through blue in the real thing. On the early screens of the Xbox version we were complaining that they weren't transparent enough. On the iOS release, they aren't transparent at all. You can't see the outlanes!

I totally agree with you. iOS got solid blue ramps, but also got better table color in my opinion. I guess you win some / you lose some.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Think I'm in the minority but played and enjoyed HD more then any other. Great music/sound effects/theme + easy to play and to get Multi ball, then closely followed by gofers, Taxi seems really difficult, and bit indifferent about Elvira, think Scared Stiff will be better next month.

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The solid blue ramps was something that was mentioned in the beta test, but nothing came of it. I suggest emailing FarSight about it.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Loving the last release. The new updates too. Each release we get closer and closer to Flight 2000 being released. Don't know when it will happen, but the sooner the better.

J2fold

Jul 28, 2012
The new tables for the iPad 3 are great. I think the HD table is questionable, but all in all it's not that bad and I am having fun with them all.

robx46

Apr 5, 2012
HD would be a lot better if that ramp wasn't a solid grey. & somebody mentioned above how NGG ramps are a solid blue, but its easier for me to accept that because even IRL its pretty hard to see much through them, but the HD ramp is pretty clear & so this is an eyesore.
NGG has a few other bugs. Some funky things happening with lamp inserts, missing post for the captive ball, very strange multiball bug that totally screws up the game... & I've only played 1 fast game on it! Imagine what I would find if I were a tester. I mentioned in another thread in the general section how ALL tables can be improved with a little flipper friction. A cradled ball in TPA, especially on iOS, when you let go of the flipper that sucker shoots toward the drain as if the tables were on a 15 degree slope! This totally messes with the feel of games & I can't believe nobody else seems to notice.

Taxi has a strange bug above the base of the right flipper, there seems to be an invisible object there keeping the ball from resting where it should be when cradled. Inserts don't look very good on that game either. Plays a little fast & can be too easy. On HD I had a bug on my 1st play where the game simply lost a ball. The game didn't try to find it, the attendant said I was full of **** & to leave him alone, & the game just sat there doing nothing. I had to quit. Again, 1st damn play this happens. & with Taxi & HD, they had an extra month to sort out any bugs with those! Of the 4 new tables, Elvira seems to have gotten the most TLC. Doesn't feel rushed or buggy, but I only played it once or twice.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Ripleys is a great table from Stern, but HD is quite generic. More pinball is always a good thing, though.

I agree with that. Ripley's was designed by Pat Lawlor, and has his usual creative flair (and some signature elements like the side flipper aimed at a loop, and a through-the-bumpers shot). Gofers is my favorite new table, predictably. :)

Don't get me wrong though. Stern does have its name on some great tables. Simpsons and Family Guy (to name a couple) are both brilliant.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Think I'm in the minority but played and enjoyed HD more then any other. Great music/sound effects/theme + easy to play and to get Multi ball, then closely followed by gofers, Taxi seems really difficult, and bit indifferent about Elvira, think Scared Stiff will be better next month.

I find myself playing Elvira the most. Great game. They all are.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Of the recent packs, Taxi and Elvira and the Party Monsters are my favorites. Taxi was also one of the most addictive tables in PHoF; I still play it sometimes on the Wii.

Contrary to what others have said about the tables of this era being neither fish nor fowl, I seem to be greatly fond of the late-Eighties alphanumerics; there's some kind of sweet spot of complexity they hit, in which rule sets were starting to get a little deeper but everything wasn't yet about "activate modes and collect all the modes for wizard mode"; they're more like open sandboxes (some recent Stern tables like AC/DC seem to be moving back in that direction). And Taxi and EatPM are just really well-designed playfields.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.