Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
There's a multi-quote feature on this forum; please use it instead of creating multiple consecutive posts. (The multi-quote button is the button to the right of "Reply With Quote".)

Thanks.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Too all those that disagree with me about finding old working consoles, (I say it like this to avoid all them quotes) I say awesome. If I can continue to find working consoles in the future, I'm all for it. It's just that with the continuous break downs of these newer model consoles, I fear the worst. I still have my Atari and NES, and they both do still work, but those are cartridge based. It's the spinning optical drives and HDDs I'm worried about.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
By all means, please inform the rest of us how, because myself and others answered your question with a solid "No".

Just google "backup ps3 games to hard drive" or something of that nature and you'll find sites, tutorials, etc.

I would suggest that we move the ps3 discussion to the appropriate subforum and keep this topic to T2.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
If anyone is curious, the system Farsight uses allows for unlimited beta testers on iOS - you're not limited to the 100 per developer account.

Basically, the service uses the Enterprise management tools and signs your iOS device up as an enterprise-managed device. The intention is to let an enterprise develop and deploy apps that are installed on user's iOS devices without having to be signed through Apple. Basically for $500/year, Apple gives you a signing certificate that you use to create a derived mobile provisioning file that basically allows implementation of enterprise policies (lock screen passcodes, email server setup, etc). The device being signed up must manually install the certificate and then it can be managed via the iOS Mobile Device Management (MDM) APIs (basically a URL the phone visits to get updated applications and such).

Basically you're signing your device up to be remotely managed. Apple imposes no limit to the number of enterprise-managed iOS devices an enteprise certificate can sign.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Too all those that disagree with me about finding old working consoles, (I say it like this to avoid all them quotes) I say awesome. If I can continue to find working consoles in the future, I'm all for it. It's just that with the continuous break downs of these newer model consoles, I fear the worst. I still have my Atari and NES, and they both do still work, but those are cartridge based. It's the spinning optical drives and HDDs I'm worried about.

Saturns and PlayStations launched in 1994.

Dreamcast in 1998.

Furthest back Sega CD and Super CD systems 1991-92.

Will you find a working white Xbox 360 or Phat PS3 20 years from now? Good question. I'd say you can't find one now *SHA-ZINNNGGGGG*. But the slim models of both consoles are very reliable.

Stop worrying! In 30 year's these systems will be emulated and you'll be running PS3 games in 8K resolution with super sampled 32XMSAA on a low specced PC.

Actually I take that back in 30 year's you'll be able to play them inside the vintage section of the matrix which replaced the internet back in 2034.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I have LP vinyl records that are over 30 yrs old. Now I just need to find a working phonograph player.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
There's nothing we can do about companies transitioning to digital downloads for games. I don't see any added benefit from a debate about it in the T2 Kickstarter thread.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I have LP vinyl records that are over 30 yrs old. Now I just need to find a working phonograph player.
I just started collecting vinyl in 2012... ;)

Best to spend some money on a good turntable with a decent stylus and an adjustable tone arm. Not those janky USB turntables which could actually damage the records.

There's nothing we can do about companies transitioning to digital downloads for games. I don't see any added benefit from a debate about it in the T2 Kickstarter thread.
Or cop show image enhancement, for that matter...:eek:

This topic has jumped the shark on a couple of different occasions.
And will continue to do so since there's nothing left to discuss. Needs to be locked LOL. From here on out we're just kicking a dead horse...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Alright, although the off topic banter was pretty harmless since the Kickstarter was over, but if it bothers you that much...locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts