Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Interesting he said in the video that they had digitized 18 tables so far, that video must be old.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Wow. This may be premature. I would think FS would've waited until after the 360 and PC were up and running. Those are two platforms with audiences they can't do without.

N

netizen

Here's the carrot for those who aren't the biggest fans of T2

if we raise more then the goal we’ll be able to digitize other licensed tables as well, including the next table we'd really like to pursue- Bally's incredible classic The Addams Family!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Here's the carrot for those who aren't the biggest fans of T2

if we raise more then the goal we’ll be able to digitize other licensed tables as well, including the next table we'd really like to pursue- Bally's incredible classic The Addams Family!

Geez, they really really shouldn't say that unless it's actually next.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
High Speed mentioned in both the video and kickstarter description. Safe to assume it's on the way?

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
Wow. This may be premature. I would think FS would've waited until after the 360 and PC were up and running. Those are two platforms with audiences they can't do without.

Farsight might think that showing STTNG at E3 on a PS4 could give them the momentum to fund a new Kickstarter project.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Seems strange they'd start the kickstarter up without promoting it on facebook the moment it started, every minute counts with these kinds of things :/

Think it's been a mistake and someone's finger slipped?

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not entirely convinced about sticking down $30-50 on a table so soon after buying the pro pack, especially if Terminator 2 is expected to be out in 2013 making it part of the pro pack.

So I'd be buying Terminator 2 on 4 devices + a pro table, even though if it was funded I'd already have the tables and wouldn't be able to gift them to anyone.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not entirely convinced about sticking down $30-50 on a table so soon after buying the pro pack, especially if Terminator 2 is expected to be out in 2013 making it part of the pro pack.

So I'd be buying Terminator 2 on 4 devices + a pro table, even though if it was funded I'd already have the tables and wouldn't be able to gift them to anyone.

I guess that depends on how many systems you play it on. I bought season packs on android but not on ps3. Plus since ps3 redemption is done through codes you could gift that to someone I suppose.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
That's a good point though Rudy, if you've already purchased the current season pack does that include T2? Farsight need to clear that up.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I stuck $30 in anyway because I'm a very silly person and I'd like to play Terminator 2.

But I can't help but think that if they had a sweet spot $60 which included Table Pack 1 + Terminator 2 for any device that it'd draw LOADS more in, especially if there's potential new backers who want to play T2 but are overwhelmed by the amounts of tables to get.

or maybe:
$60 - Table pack 1 + T2
$70 - Pro Table pack 1 + T2
$85 - Table packs 1+2 (which would include T2)
$100 - Both pro packs.

And do something like that stunted for multiple platforms, like say that $100 got you all that for one platform but $160 for two and $200 for three?

Or is the problem with that that it eats into Farsights income that they'd usually get from the table packs so it wouldn't be worthwhile?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
18,000 T2's made. Um, not acording to ipdb. 15,202 is more like it. I know it's a nitpick but, come on, a quick search would get the right number.

Extra funding will be put towards TAF? Assuming FarSight can come to an agreement with that license, how much do you think that KS will be? 100k? 200k? Why not just wait and do that one if they see the possibility. It's the one all the animals on Lifebook have been whining about.

I agree guys. Even though I'm not gaming on the 360 or PC they should have waited for those platforms to get sorted out...and go after the typically $5,000 (IRL) Addams Family and not the $1,200 T2.

Boy, I'm really turning into a negative ahole around here but this one just baffles me.

PS. Will the pro mode have the home rom with Arnold telling me "f*ck you, a$$hole." :p. If it did I'd actually contribute again, but I'm sure it won't.

Last edited:

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I think that the whole point of T2 is a test to see how their expanded userbase reacts to kickstarters, back when we funded Twilight Zone and ST:TNG there were a lot less gamers who played TPA, if the new users significantly improve the Kickstarter funding then they might consider TAF later on down the line, if not then I guess TAF is just a pipe dream.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Lets not forget that all the Xbox owners have left the building.

Not quite ;)

But I aint punting up their share!

Please, let's keep positive people. FarSight have recently announced a lot of promising news.

Time to stick by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.