Thank you for this fantastic game!

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I am sure they have a forum for people who love real pinball machines. This isn't it. I am sure everybody here ALSO loves real pinball. This isn't real pinball. Enjoy it for what it is.

Like he said. Try pinside.com, it's great and seems like you'll be happier there.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Try playing a real pinball machine in the dentist's office while you are waiting, oh that's right. You can't. This will never be real, never have a real pinball, it will never be "the same". I think it is pretty damn close. Close enough for me to enjoy it immensely.
There is always Zen. :)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Pinball machines were designed to take your money. TPA is designed to enjoy pinball. I will take Pinball any way I can get it. Bride of Pinbot is one of my favorite machines ever, but I can never beat the real machine (there's one at a local 'cade). It's satisfying to be able to beat it at home with the thought of perhaps getting good enough at it to one day beat the real version. I too grew up with the Commodore Vic 20/64 and the early days of the PC with such abysmal pinball games until the Pro Pinball series came along. I also remember playing Jack*Bot on VP and got really good at it before playing the real machine and people were shocked on how good I was on the real machine the first few times actually playing it.

TPA is not perfect... Far from it. But like I said, I'll take pinball any way I can get it. I can play it on my XBOX, my PC and my Tablet. TPA has created something that I will play for a very long time and enjoy. I can't say the same for the Zen series.

To derail this derailment...
Try Epic Quest if you haven't. It's very well suited to Zen style pinball and quite fun, as your character builds up from game to game. It's one of my favorite Zen games

I'd pay $299 per table or $100 monthly subscription if they made it like real.

You might...but I'm sure that the number of people that would would be less than a tenth of those who would pay 2.99 (let's just say that's the price of a table). I sure wouldn't, I mean if i could I would, but not everyone has that kind of financial freedom for a game.

thejake01

Mar 17, 2012
I love this beta and thank you so much for letting us give all the tables a whirl! Just had time to poke at a few tables I hadn't played much on Android yet but hope to submit issues as they come up.

multi

Dec 5, 2012
This little off-topic discussion is like the musicians who enjoy to broadcast their disdain at others for enjoying guitar hero or rock band.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
I think that TPA is simply horrible at recreating the experience of real pinball.

What are you even doing here? You just run around trolling message boards dedicated to products that you don't like? Go play some pinball.

By the way, TPA plays classic pinball machines way better than any real public pinball machine that is within 50 miles of me, as the owners don't put any effort into taking care of them.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
digging the beta so far, Can't wait to give farsight more money! (genuinely sincere and not a hint of sarcasm) These tables give me my pinball fix. I'm lucky enough to get to play real machines every day, and still like to come home and fire up TPA.

SilverSuper

Aug 14, 2013
What are you even doing here? You just run around trolling message boards dedicated to products that you don't like? Go play some pinball.

By the way, TPA plays classic pinball machines way better than any real public pinball machine that is within 50 miles of me, as the owners don't put any effort into taking care of them.

I've played alot of TPA, who said i don't like TPA? Your claim that I don't like the product is completely wrong. I've actively been announcing the release of table table packs and the Steam greenlight process in my network. I just think it needs to be worked on before it can be claimed to be fantastic or the 8th wonder of the world. Have you even tried to understand my PoW? I don't think TPA is fantastic but I think it's a step in the right direction. I can like it more than you even if I don't think it's perfect. I'm probably waiting more for the PC release than any of you. I was waiting up to a point where I couldn't stand it anymore and drove quite a distance through 3 countries and put down quite some cash to get a machine instead of checking every day for release news.

I enjoy TPA like the OP, perhaps even more, but I fail to see any arguments that can back up it being fantastic, with great physics and top notch digitisation but that is my opinion and you don't have to agree. If you had some insight you'd see that I posted because I care about TPA.

Last edited:

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I've played more TPA than most in here, who said i don't like TPA? Your' claim that I don't like the product is completely wrong. I've actively been announcing the release of table table packs and the Steam greenlight process in my network and on my sites. I just think it needs to be worked on before it can be claimed to be fantastic or the 8th wonder of the world. Have you even tried to understand my PoW? I don't think TPA is fantastic but I think it's a step in the right direction. I can like it more than you even if I don't think it's perfect. I'm probably waiting more for the PC release than any of you. I was waiting up to a point where I couldn't stand it anymore and drove 3347 kilometres and put down quite some cash to get a machine instead of checking every day for release news.

Firstly don't make claims about playing more than most because you have no way of knowing that and it makes you sound ridiculous. Secondly the claims about you not liking the product come from the fact that every post you made in here has been about TPA being a poor substitute and how real pinball is the way to go. You claim we are romanticizing TPA while most here are just saying they really enjoy it and in fact those same folks "romanticizing" TPA are in other threads putting up constructive criticism to help further TPA.

Now I know English is not your 1st language so maybe you don't realize that your coming off a bit pompous but the whole "virtual pinball sucks look at my collection of real machines" mentality is better left for some of the darker threads on pinside.

This is a site for Pinball arcade fans, but there are a ton of fans of real machines on here as well. Try to keep in the spirit of this forum and post constructive criticisms. And also take advantage of the real pinball section of the forum

http://digitalpinballfans.com/forumdisplay.php/18-Real-Pinball

so you can join the ranks of other TPA players who own real machines.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
If there's blame for the TPA tables being too easy, throw some blame at the manufacturers, some of them insisted the tables be made easier! As it is, it's a video game interpretation of real pinball. Incredibly enough, playing a FPS is not as satisfying as shooting a real gun, but it can still be a fun game.

I think the majority of TPA users are casual gamers and if the tables were as hard as a real table, the sales would diminish, not grow. In saying that, I would love if their pro mode would allow harder level to the table and also have its own leader boards. I think then everyone would be happy and that's cool too.

SilverSuper

Aug 14, 2013
Firstly don't make claims about playing more than most because you have no way of knowing that and it makes you sound ridiculous. Secondly the claims about you not liking the product come from the fact that every post you made in here has been about TPA being a poor substitute and how real pinball is the way to go. You claim we are romanticizing TPA while most here are just saying they really enjoy it and in fact those same folks "romanticizing" TPA are in other threads putting up constructive criticism to help further TPA.

Now I know English is not your 1st language so maybe you don't realize that your coming off a bit pompous but the whole "virtual pinball sucks look at my collection of real machines" mentality is better left for some of the darker threads on pinside.

This is a site for Pinball arcade fans, but there are a ton of fans of real machines on here as well. Try to keep in the spirit of this forum and post constructive criticisms. And also take advantage of the real pinball section of the forum

http://digitalpinballfans.com/forumdisplay.php/18-Real-Pinball

so you can join the ranks of other TPA players who own real machines.

It's kind of easy to know that you play more than most when all you do is play, eat, go to the bathroom and sleep.

Most of my communication the last 17 years has been in US English so you could consider it my 1st language. What's so pompous about stating the self irony in spending 20+ years on getting a single machine when others have 95 or even 240 machines like buying milk and bread or changing socks? I'm admitting that I was romanticizing TPA and that I am a stupid freak. I protected TPA at first when my friend claimed it was far off realistic and way easier than a real machine. It was a guy that isn't even into pinball, just played a little in the 90s. He saw instantly what took me months to realize because I was heavily romanticizing TPA.

I'll quote the OP. "It truly is a spectacle to behold. I sat in stunned silence when I first opened Pinbot, my mind was awash of memories as a kid playing it for hours on end. Memories I thought had long been lost. I've again spent hours playing it again, and will do for many years to come thanks to your hard work!" I think he is just romanticizing and would come down to earth if he revisited the real deal.

I understand the recreating of pinball for random people who aren't really into it makes sense in a world where doing something profitable is put above doing something right. When I am not into something, I stay away from it. If someone aren't into pinball they should stay far away from pinball in any form and rather spend their time on something they are into. "We failed at recreating pinball, but it was profitable." I'm sorry to ask that Farsight would make a pinball game for people that are into pinball or at least have some modes like standard vs realism. The quality will be thereafter the business model is to pump out table packs in a steady pace to stay afloat instead of making a single table right. There are other threads both here and in other forums asking Farsight to fix existing tables and sort out general issues before pumping out more tables, it's not only me with those thoughts and feelings.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It was a guy that isn't even into pinball, just played a little in the 90s.

Sounds legit

when others have 95 or even 240 machines like buying milk and bread or changing socks?

Does PAPA even have that many machines?

It's kind of easy to know that you play more than most when all you do is play, eat, go to the bathroom and sleep.

Seems legit

I was doing other errands on the same trip for another 900-1000 km.

Then you overstated how far you drove to buy a pinball machine. Since you drove that far for other reasons.
Why do I get the idea that you're that Lucipher/Cobra guy?

SilverSuper

Aug 14, 2013
PAPA had more than 400 machines before the flood. People with 100-200+ machines probably stocked up 10-15 years ago when the machines were really cheap

In theory the destination was 1200 km from my home. I had driven 1380 km when I got there since I rented a car further away. The excess distance on the way home is from driving to pinball locations to play pinball and returning the car. I took bus 200 + 200 km bus at the start and end of the trip as well and I did not count in the ferry.

Enough of this BS-posting now. It's wasted time for all parties. Enjoy TPA if it floats your boat. I have my pivoted monitor ready to play. I'm looking forward to play, but I don't think it's fantastic and knowing that it could be if they wanted it to doesn't make me smile.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
SuperSilver mate, take it easy ,you will have a heart attack !!!! TPA is only a game, which most of us really enjoy ! we play it because it`s fun and cheap to play.most of us play real pinnies as much as we can. don`t forget most of us had about 4 pinnie parlours near us 40 years ago, today your lucky if you have 1 !!! just enjoy playing !!! :)

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I enjoy the satisfaction of actually accomplishing something on Bride of Pinbot, because the real table kicks my ass.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.