Thank you for this fantastic game!

Professor_Jones

Aug 25, 2013
Take TPA for what it is : a simulation, thus it will never be like real, physical pinball. Just like playing a racing game will never be like driving an actual car. Once you get over that fact, you can enjoy TPA and stop complaining.

That said, a lot of physical pinball enthusiasts really do enjoy TPA so farsight must be doing something good.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Just reached both wizard modes on Ripley's...what a fantastic game TPA is! I can finally practice in my own room now! Now, if you guys can implement PAPA settings...

bdaley6509

Apr 30, 2012
Stop the presses folks! Newsflash: Real machines are more realistic than TPA.

Video games are NEVER 100% accurate to real world counterparts, and they never will be. Using your logic I should quit playing Madden on PS3, buy a football stadium, suit up, and go sack Tom Brady. What's my excuse for not doing it?!?!

This forum is for fans of TPA, which is a video/virtual pinball simulation. Please be somewhat constructive in your criticism. Instead of just saying it's not good, why don't you suggest a way or an idea to make it better?

+1

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I am truly enjoying the PC beta and I already love TPA on IOS. Playing one of my favorite tables at the dentist office waiting room never gets dull. Especially when you see the other patients having to read the garbage gossip magazines. It puts a smile on my face every single time I am stuck in a boring situation, and then realize my Ipod I am carrying has my boredom solution solidly in hand.

I am on board with the others that are defending the video game version of Pinball. TPA will never be as real as you real table guys want it...so why bother beating on a dead horse over and over again? If you are that much of a purist, then go to forums that are only for real machines and you can glorify real tables there. Some of us are quite content with TPA. We play real tables every chance we can get too.

When it's midnight and you want that pinball fix, and your spouse is sleeping just a few feet away...TPA, and other similar games are the solution. You can't plug in headphones into a real table. There is no silencing all actions and noises in a real table.

Price, noise level, reliability, portability, ease of access...TPA wins hands down. Real tables are beautiful and fun, but there are a ton of drawbacks to them that TPA just doesn't have going on. Both have high points and low points. As pinballers we should all respect ,and enjoy what each one brings us.

SilverSuper

Aug 14, 2013
Even purists might want to play TPA. If someone appreciate 40 titles but can only fit 6 in their home, perhaps they want to play other titles virtually or even have them in a virtual pinball cabinet.

My main issue is that I've been waiting for the PC version for over a year and every day it's not released the temptation to buy another machines rises.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.