That first ball sucked. Yeah, restart.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I didn't even know there was a re-start option. I've never used it, although I have let my 3rd ball drain on purpose before.

Farsight should program it so that if you cheat and re-start, your next game will not save your score or initials no matter how good of a game it is.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I tend to play the balls all the way through. Just last night, 2 horrible balls on RBION, and then my 3rd netted me around 6 extra balls and I wound up playing for 45 minutes. Never give up!

On the flip side, I've had fantastically amazing first balls and thought, yeah here comes that high score, only to then completely choke the remaining 2.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Farsight should program it so that if you cheat and re-start, your next game will not save your score or initials no matter how good of a game it is.
Why? Restarting is exactly the same as tilting all remaining balls, except it's a lot faster. And don't tell me real tables aren't like this, because if they're on free play (having paid the operator by the hour instead of per game) then it is perfectly acceptable to restart a poor game so long as no one else is waiting for the table.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
I usually let it ride....unless I choke on the 2nd ball as well.

I let it ride too. If I do really well on the first ball, usually my second or third will drain fast. If I was looking for beating my old high score everytime instead of having a relaxing game, then I would restart like most of u.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
I restart too, but if I end up restarting the game too many times in a row, my play will get noticeably worse. There's a balance to be struck. Also, sometimes the first ball isn't the best ball, but I've gone on to score huge points on ball 2 or 3 (or one of the extras), so you never know if the game's going to go badly just because of an early drain.

Once in awhile I like to pretend I'm playing in an actual tournament, and resetting isn't an option. It can turn into a crutch if you always resort to starting over.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Do it all the time. But I will continue on if the score was weak, but I set up a lot of stuff (say made 2 or 3 shots toward all of the monsters' modes on MB).

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I never do this. Sometimes I have BEASTLY 3rd balls. Plus this game throws extra balls at you like candy so no need to worry.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
It all depends on the game and how I am feeling. Usually I will just play them all out, but sometimes I will get frustrated and just restart if the first ball is bad.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
i usually have a game plan for particular tables. if i don't make significant progress on that plan on my first ball, i restart. i don't see the point of continuing. sure, sometimes one's third ball is best ... why not make that ball your first in a new game? and yeah playing out a game is extra practice ... but it's no more practice than starting over.

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
I used to restart but recently racked up some personal all-time high scores following a HORRIBLE ball 1. Hard for me to argue with the numbers.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Like most of you, unless I'm aiming for a very specific mega-hard goal (like Lyman's Lament) I'll just let it ride. Each ball played is practice :)

squidburns

Sep 10, 2012
I am guilty of this... and far worse things (quitting in the middle of games with decent scores because I didn't like the way the ball drained). Yes I am bad.

BUT recently I have been making myself play out the whole game, because I know it's all "one ball at a time."

dontworrybehap

Sep 3, 2012
I depends what mood I'm in. If I'm feeling laid back and I lose one right away, I'll treat the rest of the game as a practice session and try to improve the weaker parts of my game. If I'm more high score driven, then I'll restart. Usually I find that high scores come when you're laid back and not looking. Lately I've been toying with the idea of covering the score so that I don't even know what it is.

Blunt Fish Games

Apr 7, 2012
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Kinda depends on the mood I'm in at the time I'm playing.

I wonder, should Restart Game be an option in the menu? What do you all think?

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Restart game would be a very good idea, but it could mess up the emulation.

I'm prone to just restarting after cheap drains just because I can, I suppose it makes me a bad pinhead but it's probably saved a controller or two ;)

BRZ

Aug 2, 2012
i restart all the time, on TPA and on real machines.
I'm surprised no one mentioned here the little bug on iOS:
if you try to restart too fast, sometimes it just won't do it.
So you have to resume the game and quit it again.
and this time tap the screen a little slower...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.