That first ball sucked. Yeah, restart.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
@Day: Star Trek TNG was deliberately designed so that any shot to the posts next to the ramps will likely send your ball directly to an outlane. It's not a scripted shot, it's clever engineering. And it's mean like that.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
@Day: Star Trek TNG was deliberately designed so that any shot to the posts next to the ramps will likely send your ball directly to an outlane. It's not a scripted shot, it's clever engineering. And it's mean like that.

*Clever* engineering ? devious, yes; sadistic also.... but clever ?

OK, accepted for the left post on the right ramp.... but there are so many shots on this table where i really wonder if i am making the shot myself. On the Asteroids mission, that centre hole has suction like a industrial vacuum-cleaner. If you are trying for the shot, it's hard to miss. On final frontier, it seems like all the balls are queuing up to flee the table through the outlanes..... like they were programmed like lemmings to do so.

different table TZ: since the removal of the post below the bumpers, how many of the left outlane drains seem fair ones ? and how many feel like a programatical hey now we removed the post, let's suck the ball over lane divider and out...

the only point here being (perhaps i'm in the wrong thead?) is that the physics sometimes seems improbable (not impossible) and an unjust outcome frustrates like heck, and so one has to exercise the ultimate sanction and "pull the plug" or quit out and restart.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Bumpers are made to randomly send the ball in any direction. You can nudge to control it a little, but you can never be safe. Just like the sucker shots are made to send the ball down the middle drain, bumpers are made to mess up your game.
In a tournament setting you'd never want to send the ball into the bumpers on a real TZ. I'm not experienced with the table, but I've seen enough videos that it should be obvious. Bumpers by the outlanes are there to kill you. :)

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
I have been thinking on this, and feel like this would be a good thread to ask.

Is there any chance of us getting a universal option to disable free play? I would rather have an insert coin graphic like the Buy one, and see the match work for a change. i have played dozens of games now, and I have never seen a match on any table for a free game.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Whenever I get a houseball on my first ball, I have naughty times with Jewel Staite, Kari Byron and Kaley Cuoco
okay I don't.... but I'd like to.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.