The Addams Family Kickstarter Backer Tournament (19/5-28/5)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I can't get into the tournament in the new UI beta. It gives me the welcome message and everything, then just dumps me into the table selection screen. Back to the old UI again....

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Things are heating up on steam. 571M is the current #1 score, and Moovenstein and Eldar joined the fray as well.

It's a shame you can't see the current tournament scores online anywhere as far as I know. Would be interesting to see how PSN and Mobile is doing as well, and just generally monitor the situation without launching the app.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Things are heating up on steam. 571M is the current #1 score, and Moovenstein and Eldar joined the fray as well.

It's a shame you can't see the current tournament scores online anywhere as far as I know. Would be interesting to see how PSN and Mobile is doing as well, and just generally monitor the situation without launching the app.

Going by Mike's responses above Top 4 (17 / 5 rounded up) will get in the prizes. So I'm good for now. Guess I should check how things look on Android and see if I can double down!

[Edit] 34 players on Android/iOS, to top 7 get in. Looks like that will need 400M+ too. Top is 660M from maestroreese. Followed by Toolinit and [MENTION=896]Slam23[/MENTION].

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yep, that 660M by Maestroreese will be difficult to beat. My own 450+ score came quite quickly, typically a round in which I played loose without a defined gameplan, everything just clicked (although it was certainly not the perfect 10 minute game). I haven't been active in tournaments before, I don't like the pressure of having to play at a certain time. I was intrigued however by this one because of the time limit. And it sure impacts playing style and choices you make. Normally I would have a very patient gameplan for TAF, working steadily towards EB, and therefore Mansions (some of which I let time out, think Seance :) ), and therefore Mansion Tours.

This tournament I can think of 3 main strategies:
- Multiball via Greed. Pro: if you can maintain it long enough, you get shots at multiple double and triple jackpots. You can try to stack it with Cousin It for an additional 30-40M. Con: it takes 5 Greed Shots and then 3 balls to lock. Takes a lot of time to setup with a heavy penalty if you mess it up.
- Mansions. Pro: a lot of quick scoring possible, and quicker ways to MB. If you get a Mansion Tour, it's 50M bonus. I got to Mansion Tour once within 10 minutes when I was aiming for it, so it's possible to do. Con: the scoring with a lot of Mansions isn't that great and you'll have to relight the Chair every time with a Bear Ramp.
- Comboshots + Maxed Graveyard. Pro: comboshots can add up quickly. You'll get the Million Plus that gets better with every shot (max 10M) and if you pull off the 4-way combo, it's 10M guaranteed + the 5x Graveyard that maxes at 20M (5x 4M). All in all it could be 45M for a quick roundtrip. It makes sense to quickly max the Graveyard, and therefore get the corresponding mansion. Also, the Train Wreck will save the Graveyard value if you drain in between. Con: the combo is not easy, especially the Bonus X shot from the right flipper towards the bumper Alley and then onetiming it up the Million Plus ramp. Also, getting quickly to the Max Graveyard Mansion will take some luck/time and/or risk (only the bumpers change the current mansion).

I'm leaning towards the Comboshot + Maxed Graveyard strategy, but ironically had my best games if I just took what the table gave me... :)

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
16 players on PSN. Top is 464M from Massive_Drake76. #4 is 355M now but will be 400M+ IMO.

Interesting. Massive_Drake is on the run to win steam as well possibly. Maybe it's time to dust off the old PS3 and see if I can't give him a run on both platforms.

The problem is the flipper delay on PS3 makes the timings on the platforms slightly different. It's pretty impressive he's doing so well on both.

Last edited:

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
I tried and it's still possible to cheat using a realtime memory editor, giving yourself unlimited balls and 255x bonus.

Good luck winning the translite...

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I tried and it's still possible to cheat using a realtime memory editor, giving yourself unlimited balls and 255x bonus.

Good luck winning the translite...

I'm assuming farsight can detect that? If not oh well. I'm going to give it my best shot anyway. I just assume people are playing legit unless proven otherwise.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
I'm assuming farsight can detect that? If not oh well. I'm going to give it my best shot anyway. I just assume people are playing legit unless proven otherwise.

They can't detect it how TPA is programmed now; you can only see a score is fake when it's impossible to make in 10 minutes.

Since the prize they are giving is worth at least $100 I won't be surprised if the top score is made by some person we never heard of before.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Oh well. I'm not expecting to win anyway. If someone feels the need to cheat just to win a piece of glass that's just sad for them. Like I said I'll assume people are playing legit. I'm having fun just competing.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
The problem is the flipper delay on PS3 makes the timings on the platforms slightly different. It's pretty impressive he's doing so well on both.

Set your PS3 to 720p, the flipper delay only happening in 1080i/p.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yep, that 660M by Maestroreese will be difficult to beat. My own 450+ score came quite quickly, typically a round in which I played loose without a defined gameplan, everything just clicked (although it was certainly not the perfect 10 minute game). I haven't been active in tournaments before, I don't like the pressure of having to play at a certain time. I was intrigued however by this one because of the time limit. And it sure impacts playing style and choices you make. Normally I would have a very patient gameplan for TAF, working steadily towards EB, and therefore Mansions (some of which I let time out, think Seance :) ), and therefore Mansion Tours.

This tournament I can think of 3 main strategies:
- Multiball via Greed. Pro: if you can maintain it long enough, you get shots at multiple double and triple jackpots. You can try to stack it with Cousin It for an additional 30-40M. Con: it takes 5 Greed Shots and then 3 balls to lock. Takes a lot of time to setup with a heavy penalty if you mess it up.
- Mansions. Pro: a lot of quick scoring possible, and quicker ways to MB. If you get a Mansion Tour, it's 50M bonus. I got to Mansion Tour once within 10 minutes when I was aiming for it, so it's possible to do. Con: the scoring with a lot of Mansions isn't that great and you'll have to relight the Chair every time with a Bear Ramp.
- Comboshots + Maxed Graveyard. Pro: comboshots can add up quickly. You'll get the Million Plus that gets better with every shot (max 10M) and if you pull off the 4-way combo, it's 10M guaranteed + the 5x Graveyard that maxes at 20M (5x 4M). All in all it could be 45M for a quick roundtrip. It makes sense to quickly max the Graveyard, and therefore get the corresponding mansion. Also, the Train Wreck will save the Graveyard value if you drain in between. Con: the combo is not easy, especially the Bonus X shot from the right flipper towards the bumper Alley and then onetiming it up the Million Plus ramp. Also, getting quickly to the Max Graveyard Mansion will take some luck/time and/or risk (only the bumpers change the current mansion).

I'm leaning towards the Comboshot + Maxed Graveyard strategy, but ironically had my best games if I just took what the table gave me... :)

Anybody else care to weigh in on strategy? Or is it every man for himself and God for us all?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I've been going for a quick Tour The Mansion. My best time so far is 4:27. Drain quick multiballs. Get one jackpot in main multiball, then drain. Actually play Seance because you can't waste time timing out The Power (also, it's worth 30M). In TtM, get the EB, play through Cousin It and Mamushka, get bonus multipliers, then drain. Then it's all about getting bonus multipliers, mansion rooms, and draining to collect bonus. It takes 10-15s to plunge and drain; the clock stops when you drain. So at the very end use up your EBs plunging and draining. Try to avoid collecting T-H-I-N-G because it takes soooo long.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Much thanks for the tip Tann. Managed to get a much more decent score on PS3 after switching to 720p.

e: And just had a really kickass game on steam. Things are looking pretty decent.

Last edited:
D

dmarcoot2

I too have been going for mansion and best i have done is complete in 6 and 1/2 minutes for a score of 275 million or so. I Feel if i could do it on the first ball, I could get a score of 350 million or so.

I have no idea how anyone can get to 500 mllion+ .
im playng ont iPhone 6. Maybe it is easier on a iPad and larger devices?

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I too have been going for mansion and best i have done is complete in 6 and 1/2 minutes for a score of 275 million or so. I Feel if i could do it on the first ball, I could get a score of 350 million or so.

I have no idea how anyone can get to 500 mllion+ .
im playng ont iPhone 6. Maybe it is easier on a iPad and larger devices?

I generally don't give out strategies and not playing on mobile anyway, but if I happen to win PSN or Steam I'll spill the beans. I'll keep things to myself till it's over though.

e: Also it's definitely a lot easier on portrait mode steam than on PSN, even after eliminating the flipper delay. I assume mobile scoring is possibly even harder unless you happen to have a gamepad that works on mobile. I think they have those these days right?

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
I've been going for a quick Tour The Mansion. My best time so far is 4:27. Drain quick multiballs. Get one jackpot in main multiball, then drain. Actually play Seance because you can't waste time timing out The Power (also, it's worth 30M). In TtM, get the EB, play through Cousin It and Mamushka, get bonus multipliers, then drain. Then it's all about getting bonus multipliers, mansion rooms, and draining to collect bonus. It takes 10-15s to plunge and drain; the clock stops when you drain. So at the very end use up your EBs plunging and draining. Try to avoid collecting T-H-I-N-G because it takes soooo long.

Isn't anyone going for the 4M Graveyard and 20M Swamp? I think that's how the pros play it...

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I think we have roughly two days left.

Steam #1 score is 913M with 22 total participants.

PSN #1 score is 627M with 17 total participants.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.