The NEW new ipad!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
"The A6X retains the 128-bit wide memory interface of the A5X (and it keeps the memory controller interface adjacent to the GPU cores and not the CPU cores as is the case in the A5/A6). It also integrates two of Apple's new Swift cores running at up to 1.4GHz (a slight increase from the 1.3GHz cores in the iPhone 5's A6). The big news today is what happens on the GPU side. A quick look at the GLBenchmark results for the new iPad 4 tells us all we need to know. The A6X moves to a newer GPU core: the PowerVR SGX 554."

powervr_gpu_comparison_a6x.jpg

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/02/apples-new-a6x-ipad-chip-adopts-powervr-sgx-554mp4-graphics/

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
ipad4 just hit the market is and claiming to be twice as fast as 3

Unexpectly as a surprise apple released the 4th gen ipad this week. Benchmark tests are saying it really is twice as powerful as the 3. Does that mean pinball arcade will be updated to be twice as good on it? I wonder if they can get pinball arcade to look as good as on xbox360/ps3 on it. If so i will probably have to get myself one... my 1st gen asus transformer pad is starting to break down and is really dated. I had to take the power button off because it broke and now I sort of jam stuff into the hole to get it to turn off and on again. Ive got to say my axis pad sure did take a beating im surprised it works at all.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Almost seems like this would be the reason they stopped numbering them and decided that "The New iPad" was the name of choice. That way most folk wouldn't really even know what they are getting anyway. "Oh, the new iPad? Yeah i've had mine for months"

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I have an iPad 3rd Gen and PA runs perfectly fine on it with no stutters or issues as far as performance goes (and this iPad is Retina as well). I really don't see how it could be any better on the 4th Gen and it seems the way things are going, I doubt if better visuals will be implemented (bugs fixes should be taking center stage at this point, not fancier graphics). If better visuals for the new processor-based iDevices will be implemented, the older iPads will likely suffer the consequences.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
We all want shiney balls more shiny is better

The core game will survive for anyone with weaker hardware if it runs well it will in the future(ie not many tables are as heavy as we already have) just not be as oretty until toa 2 - the matrix

I hate the factnill miss out n some features but not 400s worth

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I have a 4 and is is spectacular compared to the iPad 1 I was using. Runs super smooth (no stuttering) and looks great. If I knew how to upload a screen capture to the forum I would do it for you. The ball shine was almost distracting at first. I can't say if it looks or runs any better than an iPad 3, but it is pretty great.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I don't know man. I'm looking at that photo on my iPad2 right now and looks just as good as TPA on my ... iPad2. Oh wait.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
That photo is only 640 x 480, thats not even ipad 1/2 rez so no use for comparisons.

Sorry, I'm finding it very difficult to get an ipad screen capture into the forum. If someone with computer knowledge wants to PM their e-mail. Then I will will send it to them so they can show it correctly.

J2fold

Jul 28, 2012
WTH, I just bought the iPad 3 not long ago. I do feel ripped off. Not because there is a new iPad, but because Apple said the iPad 3 was the best iPad yet even though they had the iPad 4 on the back burners. I like the iPad 3, but that was a sleazy move by Apple. BOOOO!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.