The NEW new ipad!

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
The bad thing about the Retina display is that all bad textures and graphical anomalies are never given the chance to "hide"...;)

karl

May 10, 2012
Going from 1-4 is bound to be an eye opener. Just going from 2-3 was pure eye candy for me. Gongrats on you new IPAD. I bet you will have a lot of quality tab time ahead. Would be very surprised if someone comes on here and tells us it's a big difference between 3 and 4 and if anyone is mad enough to get a new after only a few months with nr 3 ;)

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for the pic Kolchak357 :) that actually does give me a great idea of what the lighting and such is like running on the retina displays. looking at it on a pc monitor or not It looks amazing in comparison to my 1st gen Asus transformer. Right off the transformer doesnt have mirror on the ball so that's pretty apealing to me. The lighting looks wayyyy better than the asus and the textures looks pretty smooth although they seem to not be very high rez as you can see in the lower right corner. They should kick up the textures a notch. maybe that will be more possible with the ipad4, better textures or better Anti-aliasing.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
So will we be able to enable the post processing option now and get 60fps still on the iPad4??...as on the iPad3 turning this option on killed the frame rate!

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
well they haven't really had much time at all to optimize it for the 4 yet... maybe in the next update things will be better

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'm still deciding between a kindle Fire HD and an iPad 3,
but does Farsight support the high resolutions of these devices yet?

I imagine TPA would look pretty nice at 2048 x 1536.

J2fold

Jul 28, 2012
I'm still deciding between a kindle Fire HD and an iPad 3,
but does Farsight support the high resolutions of these devices yet?

I imagine TPA would look pretty nice at 2048 x 1536.

You pretty much can not buy an iPad 3 anymore they are discontinued. (Maybe a referb). Apple has canceled production of the ipad 3 for the new new ipad 4 with lightning dock and faster chip. In fact Apple is already starting production of a retina screen iPad mini, so those will look really lame when those new iPad minis hit the market.

J2fold

Jul 28, 2012
WTH, I just bought the iPad 3 not long ago. I do feel ripped off. Not because there is a new iPad, but because Apple said the iPad 3 was the best iPad yet even though they had the iPad 4 on the back burners. I like the iPad 3, but that was a sleazy move by Apple. BOOOO!

This is funny and sucks at the same time. I avoided the iPad 2 because I knew Apple would make the iPad with a retina screen and screw the people who bought the iPad 2. Little did I know that Apple knew there were people like me and covered their bases and 6 months later they drop an iPad 4.

Jay

May 19, 2012
that was a sleazy move by Apple. BOOOO!

If there's one thing that's the hallmark of Apple, it's that they never look back. I have an iPad 3 and I'm perfectly happy with it -- especially the fact that it has the old-style dock connector so that I can still use my peripherals. Sure, the iPad 4 has a faster processor. But I expect to see that about every 6 months or so anyway. If future updates of TPA start lagging on my iPad 3, then it will be time for me to upgrade. But not before then.

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
I got in under the window on the free 30 day exchange from 3 to 4. No actual difference in game play or graphics, but other apps open faster and the wifi is stronger. If you're on a 3, no worries. But a 1 or 2? Like night and day.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
There has not been a new update yet since before the 4th gen ipad was announced so obviously it's not going to seem any better. The game is limited to perform a certain way for the ipad3 so that it runs nice on it, it wont know by itself to increase what they set it to. Wait till a month or so from now when they give it the code to know if its playing on an ipad 4 so it can adjust the settings to whatever they specify

mrhorseshoe

Jun 25, 2012
There is no discernible improvements because every app has to be updated to take advantage of the new A6X chip. We'll be seeing drastic graphical improvements once developers optimize their iPad games. Knowing FarSight's spotty record, we probably won't see any optimization updates in many, many months (if ever).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.