THE new Virtuapin Mini

karl

May 10, 2012
Richard B. I guess you could smell this one coming but here goes anyway. :) You are at least luckier than me. I have to pay an exstra 25% vat (standard for all import to Norway) + ca 2-300$ (if not more) in customs handling + shipping 500$. Is that fun or what? :(

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Richard B. I guess you could smell this one coming but here goes anyway. :) You are at least luckier than me. I have to pay an exstra 25% vat (standard for all import to Norway) + ca 2-300$ (if not more) in customs handling + shipping 500$. Is that fun or what? :(
I used to be proud of America, now I'm ashamed such a place exists. We'll be the first great nation to fall due entirely to stupidity.

Now, to keep on topic, the buttons could be normal sized, and easily reachable, though it's been a while since I've seen an Atomic Pinball. Maybe they're smaller than I remember. In that case, how about making the playfield roughly the size of an Ipad? That would make it big enough to play, but keep the price down. Many users have done so already, modifying existing laptops to support two screens and pinball controllers, some even going as far as building custom cabinets. If average joes can do it, manufacturing costs shouldn't be too high.

karl

May 10, 2012
I did it! Order in! :p Now were will I find money for Christmas presents :confused: A bit exited right now think I will have to have a few beers tonight (already paid for ;) )

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I did it! Order in! :p Now were will I find money for Christmas presents :confused: A bit exited right now think I will have to have a few beers tonight (already paid for ;) )

Congrats man! Be sure to share with us when she arrives. What are the first 10 tables you are going to load on it?

karl

May 10, 2012
Thanks Kolchak357.

Not easy to choose just 10. But off the top of my hairless head: Let's just say that

8 ball deluxe
Lord of the rings
Terminator 2
Red and Ted
White water
Getaway
Indiana Jones
Attack from mars
Jacks open
Star Trek TNG
Dracula
Scarred Stiff (can't wait to try out the backglass)

will be among the first to try out. I will probably install about a 100 VP tables and 20-30 FP tables at first (if I can get them all to work) If I am extremely lucky I will have this installed by Christmas but could take a bit longer. Pictures will come when she is safe in my sweaty palms :) PS! I also did an extremely risky and foolish thing today. I ordered a pinball machine from another country(my first machine) to be delivered by dhl. Should not say this because I could be screwed over big time (=Seller run off with the money) and end up looking like a tw?t, but it is so damn hard getting a good pinball machine here in Norway I just got fed up waiting for one I was interested in to be available and decided to live a little. Call it a gamble. You could loose some(correction: A lot) but if you are lucky, you will get your moneys worth and some fun along the way:)

Yours sincerely broke
Karl

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Super jealous on that one. Whitewater is one one my all time favorites. I keep wishing they will announce it for TPA.

karl

May 10, 2012
Thanks everybody! I can feel the anticipation growing and it will probably continue to grow until this baby is home where she belongs ;)
I am going nuts searching for mods and other stuff long before I have the table. :D
A lot to look forward to! Btw: Does anyone need a new Car ;)

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Still waiting for my Virtuapin mini. It is not finished yet but can't be long now. Build time is 3-5 weeks and it has been 5 weeks this Friday. I could not be more happy with my White Water machine. I thought WW was pretty easy after trying it out a couple of times on location and in Visual pinball but boy is it hard. Had one of the best players in Norway (who is also the only pinball repair man that I know of in Oslo) go over it and he also told me this is no beginners table but it was one of he's favorites also. He played just one game to show me some hints and check everything for hangups and 2 weeks later I have yet to beat he's score on that one game. But this is so damn fun.
I am totally hooked and have also put down a down-payment on a Indy (williams) machine that will arrive in late January. Who says you can not have a game room in a small 2 rooms apartment ;-) (yes I live alone :cool: )

Last edited:

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
Please, forgive my ignorance, I don't know much about VirtuaPin. What games can you play on it? Is VirtuaPin designed by the same pin fans from Visual Pinball, etc.? Thanks for clarifying.

karl

May 10, 2012
It is designed by the adm of http://www.vpforums.org/ yes so it is made with Visual pinball and Future Pinball in mind, but it can play any digital pinball games that has mapping keys on the pc. It is a beauty designed with pure love from people who knows how to build a good cabinet. http://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1. When Pinball arcade finally see a pc release it will work on it, or so we have been told. The demo of Twilight zone did not have mapping keys but the final release version will have it according to Farsight

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
It is designed by the adm of http://www.vpforums.org/ yes so it is made with Visual pinball and Future Pinball in mind, but it can play any digital pinball games that has mapping keys on the pc. It is a beauty designed with pure love from people who knows how to build a good cabinet. http://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1. When Pinball arcade finally see a pc release it will work on it, or so we have been told. The demo of Twilight zone did not have mapping keys but the final release version will have it according to Farsight

Looks amazing. I would have to save up quite a bit to get one but it would be worth having it. All my favorite pinball machines available to play almost like the good old days. . . . .

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
How are VP and Future Pinball? Are they really good enough to make buying one of these worthwhile?

Do they look good and run smooth in real life? Because all the youtube videos I've seen of these games running on a PC they look choppy, low frame rate and really flat (or just off) graphically.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
the full sizaed tables are much more impressive but quality will vary , but tpapc on the same yeah baby not te high quitaly tables on vp and fp should be missed some we will never see in tpa

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I guess my question is how are the tables in this program?

Smooth running, with good physics and realistic graphics that depict the real thing well? I'm guessing Visual (sp?) Pinball, Hyper Pinball and Future Pinball are 3 different programs... how does the perspective of the table graphics look when you're standing and playing it? It looks like it's trying to be perspective accurate, but I just watched a vid that looked like it was a flat, straight down viewpoint instead (which looked very wrong)

I'm curious about buying one of these VirtuaPin cabinets, but know nothing about how good the actual games are. Better than TPA? Similar? Are there multiple versions of the same tables by different creators so that some are great and some suck?

Are they perfectly accurate re-creations (dimensions physics etc...) or just half-assed fan creations that are just "kinda close" to the actual tables?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.