THE new Virtuapin Mini

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Just found this video of the little one that was originally posted. It's smaller than I thought from the photo in the original link.
Still driuving me nuts that I can't tell how good the actual game looks and plays from the footage though.

karl

May 10, 2012
You should download some tables from vpforums.org (Go with the most popular first) to see if it is something you will enjoy. The desktop versions can be played on a regular monitor. The depth perspective is not perfect and the quality varies from table to table. yes they are fan made but there are some really talented amateurs out there who are really into pinball and the accuracy can be spot on. DMD is the same files as in real tables. 2 things won me over. Having almost every table available from the last 30 years(and a bunch older ones) and the promise from Farsight that TPA will eventually work on this. I was not that impressed the first time I tried Visual pinball but after a while I was hooked. The physics is also rather good. Future Pinball has some mod tables that is even better looking than some of the pinball arcade but it has some physics problems(flipper accuracy being the worst) that makes them hard to enjoy. Hyperpin is just a frontend program to make it easier to switch between tables. There is a pretty good instruction post on vpforums if you find it hard to install visual pinball. PS! In my view all tables look much better in real life than any youtube video can demonstrate and I have no stuttering on my computer. Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Thanks Karl.

Once I replace this PC and can actually run the game I'll give it a try to see what I think.
It still won't really let me know since I have zero interest in a gaming quality PC rig, but at least I'll be able to see how it feels and looks on low settings.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The mini looks very cool to me. That Cyclone backglass looked great. Wish the DMD was a little bigger. I'm waiting for Karl to get his and give us a full run down on it. Tough to tell without seeing it in person.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Im probably going to be selling my soon, if anyone is interested (UK Based)...

I would be super interested if you were close by in the US. I am curious what you paid for it originally (new?) and what
you are going to sell it for though.

I will also wait to see what Karl thinks of his once it arrives.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Cool!

The hanheld variaty is pretty sweet also. ;)
0.jpg

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I would really love to be able to afford one of these, but I'm not sure if it'll even happen. I may eventually do my own mini budget build.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Karl, still not arrived? I ordered the mini also, building it now. Should be here in about 30-40 days, I hope. Over $500 in shipping alone.
Should be nice though. Now if they can just get the PC version released.

karl

May 10, 2012
Good choice DaPinballWizard. Congrats on your purchase. Mine got a bit delayed. They had some unexpected problems with a builder quiting right before Christmas. I told them I could wait another month to help them out. In return I got a free art package and some other goodies also. I think mine is almost done now. Another week and then 2 more for shipping and it should be here. BTW: That is more in shipping to Hawaii than Norway. I think I payed 450 in shipping. Strange! Have you chosen an art package yet? I went with the space theme.

Waiting around for the PC ver of TPA after I get the mini will be even worse than now. I have been trying out the brand spanking new Future Pinball 2.5 engine. Still prefer Visual pinball, put 2.5 is a lot better than earlier Future pinball versions. I can even hit some ramps now :) It is a big improvement! Definitely worth checking out. There has been a lot of great looking fp tables in the last year. Only thing missing has been the physics.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I will have to check them out again. I fired up FP once but didn't care for it as much as VP. I will have to give it another try. Can't wait to get it and really can't wait until Farsight starts supporting it. Once they get everything settled it will be nice to get 2 new tables for cabinet each month. Wow, good times ahead.

karl

May 10, 2012
Hey, hey! Congrats. They will send mine in a couple of days. Can't wait. Let us know how you like it.
I have been trying to sort out the most important tables on Visual pinball to install and there is more than 100 machines so far I want to fit inside this beauty. Could be a lot of work. Ha, ha

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
It is sweet. Don't regret the purchase one bit. 100% satisfied. Well built for sure. Highly recommend it, but definitely have to know your way around a pc.
Got back glasses working, looks and feels almost like the real thing. Whitewater is real nice. Can't wait to see how you think it compares to the real WW table.
Can't wait for Farsight to release some tables now.

karl

May 10, 2012
Give us some pictures then ;-) Still waiting for mine to show up. Do you prefer B2S or UVP? What is the easiest of them to install with the virtuapin custom hyperpin frontend?

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
B2S and UVP tables are both pretty easy to get going. I still have to tweak a few of them but for the most part they work. B2S comes in handy for games like Scared Stiff with the animated backglass. The UVP ones are nice too, if you only need to have the backgrounds light up etc.
Both just take just a little modding of the script to call the backglass.
I like this kind of stuff so I enjoy just getting the games to work right and tweaking things, that's part of the fun too.
So far I am really enjoying Indy 500 the most. That and maybe White Water and Red and Ted's Roadshow. But there a bunch of really good tables. Can't wait to add the FarSight tables to the cabinet.
Going to go play a few games in a bit here. Wish there was a Champion Pub FS table. Come on FarSight!!

karl

May 10, 2012
That honor must befall DaPinballWizard since I changed my order to a regular 37" extreme build (from the same site) but I would love to see yours in action DaPinballWizard

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
You two still got your virtuapin mini's? Just wondered if you might have a video of it in action?

I too would like to see a video of the mini cabinets. Still up in the air with either a full size or just a mini. Much like to have that same mini with legs though. :/

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Sorry about not posting a video yet. I am having too much fun with the mini cab. It was worth every penny. The VP tables look fantastic and play great. I think FarSight really has their work cut out for them to make their tables better than some of these. It is a challenge hopefully they can beat.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.