The PS3 "super patch"

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Back on topic, Farsight's Facebook page says that they plan to submit the mega patch with Fish Tales and Black Rose. The initial download will not be as large as we originally expected (I think they said around 500 mb), but whenever we try to play a table for the first time after downloading the mega patch, we will be prompted to download the updated version.

Thanks to the info,
I wonder if they are only addressing season 1 table issues. 500mb (I assume they meant "MB" hehe) seems a bit small since they essentially have to have us download the entire tables again.

looks like after 19&20 there needs some more patching.
I recently played or replayed BORDERLANDS after a year of not playing.....to get a trophy and now that I got it Im done with it. FACT! :p

Congrats, I never finished Borderlands. You sir, are a world class trophy hunter, and I mean that in the best way. :)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Back on topic, Farsight's Facebook page says that they plan to submit the mega patch with Fish Tales and Black Rose. The initial download will not be as large as we originally expected (I think they said around 500 mb), but whenever we try to play a table for the first time after downloading the mega patch, we will be prompted to download the updated version.

Mmmh... we can presume around March then?

500MB seems a little bit too small... But it makes sense if we have to download updated version of each table (then, all tables will be updated on the PSN store???).

All this is not very clear.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Where'd you find that? (Can't seem to find it- Good find!)

To clarify, here is a copy and paste of what was said yesterday:

The Pinball Arcade That was definitely not the megapatch, the megapatch will be over 500.
Like · Yesterday at 5:55pm

The Pinball Arcade Also, if you're playing the old version once the megapatch is in place, you'll be taken to the store to redownload dlc as necessary, which will FAR exceed 500mb in total. The actual "patch" is only a small part of what the megapatch will consist of, conceptually. Essentially the first time you play any table after downloading that initial 500mb patch, you'll be guided through updating that package by downloading a completely new replacement package.
Like · Yesterday at 5:59pm

John Binkley Does that mean we will have to do the goals all over again?
Like · Yesterday at 6:33pm
The Pinball Arcade no, those will be kept
Like · 2 · Yesterday at 6:37pm

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Thanks for the quotes, Gorgar.

I hope there will be no problems like it was the case when upgrading from Zen to Zen2 (it seems to be the same process more or less).

I can't wait! :p

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

The Pinball Arcade That was definitely not the megapatch, the megapatch will be over 500.

The Pinball Arcade Also, if you're playing the old version once the megapatch is in place, you'll be taken to the store to redownload dlc as necessary, which will FAR exceed 500mb in total. The actual "patch" is only a small part of what the megapatch will consist of, conceptually. Essentially the first time you play any table after downloading that initial 500mb patch, you'll be guided through updating that package by downloading a completely new replacement package.

Do they have list of what's being addressed in this patch?
If there was ever a good time for a changelog...THIS IS IT!
Otherwise it's going to be a huge guessing game. :rolleyes:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

That seems like a bit of a grind, going through all 20 packs and redownloading. If there was a way to do it automatically it would be much better. Can you not possibly queue them from the Playstation Store?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Do they have list of what's being addressed in this patch?
If there was ever a good time for a changelog...THIS IS IT!
Otherwise it's going to be a huge guessing game. :rolleyes:

Last time I asked about a change log, which was 3 months back, I was told no. Reason being was that so many changes had been made over so long a period of time by a few different people, culling them all together would be a waste of resources. Now they might have started keeping better track of things now, but some of these changes go back to the beginning with employees that maybe don't even work there now.

So put on your guessing hats!

I think once the patch comes out, the best way to confirm the changes would be for all of us to point out changes on the forum here, put together our own master list, and then present that to FarSight for confirmation. There's going to be a lot of people experiencing the 'placebo effect' on things that for sure weren't touched.

Then again, FS might surprise me and actually now have a change log running. Who knows.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Last time I asked about a change log, which was 3 months back, I was told no. Reason being was that so many changes had been made over so long a period of time by a few different people, culling them all together would be a waste of resources. Now they might have started keeping better track of things now, but some of these changes go back to the beginning with employees that maybe don't even work there now.

I think once the patch comes out, the best way to confirm the changes would be for all of us to point out changes on the forum here, put together our own master list, and then present that to FarSight for confirmation. There's going to be a lot of people experiencing the 'placebo effect' on things that for sure weren't touched.

Then again, FS might surprise me and actually now have a change log running. Who knows.

I think this explains a lot. They have and have had some really great people working on TPA and they have a great collection of tables to show for it but the devil is in the details. If they aren't keeping track of the details then it's no wonder that some problems keep coming up.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
That seems like a bit of a grind, going through all 20 packs and redownloading. If there was a way to do it automatically it would be much better. Can you not possibly queue them from the Playstation Store?

Yeah, just add to cart and "Download All" when finished.
In addition you can do this even faster via the PlayStation Store on the Web.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012

I don't buy this. Surely they must have some kind of planning keeping track of what has been changed when and by who? How are they keeping track of updates and changes?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
So during the live Twitch streaming of Black Knight 2000 last night I asked about the status of the Mega Patch.
They said they are still testing it at the office.

While I'm glad they are testing it extensively it sounds to me like they have yet to submit it to Sony as of yet.
Someone followed up with a question to weather it was in fact submitted and it was ignored.
I will assume that is a no.

At this rate most people who were excited to use the patch will have moved onto the PS4 version.

I asked if they could give some details on what's going to be addressed in the patch, and they only mentioned bug fixes. They did say that they are going to make it so when nee bugs pop up they will be able to address those bugs without another huge Mega Patch type measure.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Aw, sounds like there will be no graphics tweaks after all... (color contrast on some tables, missing arts, etc.) :(

Hard to say. It's still possible. They just didn't say either way.
I would hope they would at the very least bump the color and contrast on the drab looking Harley, Taxi, etc... as well as the scorch mark on Black Knight.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.