The PS3 "super patch"

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
Is this patch release slowing down Season 3 tables for PS3 or are they separate issues? I've just not seen any info regarding release dates for Fish Tales, Black Rose, and the rest. If its been posted somewhere and I just missed it I apologize ahead of time.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Is this patch release slowing down Season 3 tables for PS3 or are they separate issues? I've just not seen any info regarding release dates for Fish Tales, Black Rose, and the rest.

No, no, Fish Tales and Back Rose should still be released during March, as planned.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The last update had FT and BR infrastructure, or whatever you want to call it. We'll see them before the patch, IMO.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I thought they were submitting BR and FT with the mega patch.

Thought I heard the same thing.
Think its a bit odd they both have the leaderboards up already.
And Flops post on the "there is a upgraded table go download it" confuses me. Seems like something is in place already...

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Flippyfloppy said otherwise. I guess he is testing it as well.

Hello Forum members,

Just to update you all, we have not yet submitted the mega-patch yet and we have been extensively testing it. Our goal is to have it out before the end of the month. What the mega patch is doing is bringing the tables up to date with the other platforms. The update should have improved new menu items, better performance, the overall look of the tables, and some bug fixes. This is our primary focus so we are working hard on getting this out.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Hello Forum members,

Just to update you all, we have not yet submitted the mega-patch yet and we have been extensively testing it. Our goal is to have it out before the end of the month. What the mega patch is doing is bringing the tables up to date with the other platforms. The update should have improved new menu items, better performance, the overall look of the tables, and some bug fixes. This is our primary focus so we are working hard on getting this out.

Thanks for the info! Just a couple questions of you have time.
1. Will the mega patch be multiple table packs all downloaded separately or 1 large file with all inclusive DLC?
2. Is this update going to contain the option for Stereoscopic 3D?
3. Are all of the tables being updated/upgraded/improved in some way or just a select number?
4. If it's not yet been submitted and Sony can take several weeks to approve for PSN is it possible to have it on PSN before February 28th?

Thanks!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
1. Will the mega patch be multiple table packs all downloaded separately or 1 large file with all inclusive DLC?
3. Are all of the tables being updated/upgraded/improved in some way or just a select number?
4. If it's not yet been submitted and Sony can take several weeks to approve for PSN is it possible to have it on PSN before February 28th?

Thanks!

Hi Spoonman,

The mega patch will be multiple table packs all downloaded separately. After downloading the patch, and you enter a table, a prompt will be displayed that takes you to the PlayStation store to download the updated tables. The first four tables will be automatically updated with the patch such as TOTAN.
I will have to double check on the status if the Stereoscopic 3D will be in the mega patch. Last I was told is that it will be.
All tables to my knowledge are updated.
I couldn't give you an exact turn around time frame because it has been different several times because of unforeseen problems arising. But with that said, we are working hard to have it on PlayStation Store this month.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

Thanks!

Thanks man!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Hi Spoonman,

The mega patch will be multiple table packs all downloaded separately. After downloading the patch, and you enter a table, a prompt will be displayed that takes you to the PlayStation store to download the updated tables. The first four tables will be automatically updated with the patch such as TOTAN.
I will have to double check on the status if the Stereoscopic 3D will be in the mega patch. Last I was told is that it will be.
I couldn't give you an exact turn around time frame because it has been different several times because of unforeseen problems arising. But with that said, we are working hard to have it on PlayStation Store this month.

Thanks Flippy, sounds good! :)

Do you think it's possible, once the updates are made available, we could get a changelog rundown of what was addressed?

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Any chance we'll also see a sound FX update in the mega patch so that the PS3 version will play the same bitrate/audio quality as the PC version?

Thanks for the updates/personal replies- you rock!

(Also, my personal opinion on the turn around time- take as long as you guys need, I appreciate that you haven't deserted the PS3, and I know for a fact that a quality patch will make me to start buying tables I don't have yet!)

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
What the mega patch is doing is bringing the tables up to date with the other platforms. The update should have improved new menu items, better performance, the overall look of the tables, and some bug fixes. This is our primary focus so we are working hard on getting this out.

A big thanks FlippyFloppy for all the infos you bring to us. It's very well appreciated that you take time to keep us in touch!
icon14.png
icon14.png
icon14.png
(especially when it's for such good news!)

Any chance we'll also see a sound FX update in the mega patch so that the PS3 version will play the same bitrate/audio quality as the PC version?

Oh yes, this one + a sound setting menu... and that will make my day.:p

a quality patch will make me to start buying tables I don't have yet!

Same here! (despite of the awful WW gamebreaking bug). So, FS, take your time, if you need more to fix this one and include it in the megapatch.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Even if the patch doesn't address everything, it sounds like the key component is that it allows future patching to be done with updates rather than having to do another mega patch everyt time. This should get PS3 on track for greater future success in updating and fixing stuff.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Hi Spoonman,

Sounds great!
Thanks for joining us in the PS3 section. Glad to see some reaching out to non mobile fans. Really appreciated.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Yes, thanks for giving us timely updates Flippy! With the megapatch the wife and I should be content for a while. Hopefully until the Xbox One version is released... :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.