The PS3 "super patch"

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Bad: Twilight Zone. Before the patch I couldnt play White water, now I am stucked with Twilight Zone. Dont find a way to get it patched. Maybe, because I have the pro-version - which I bought by mistake? Any Hints?

So far, the table packs which are reported as broken (pro versions only):

Pack 1: Medieval Madness / Bride of Pinbot
Pack 8 : Twilight Zone
Pack 10: Attack from Mars / Genie
Pack 11: Dr Dude / Firepower
Pack 15: Champion Pub / Whirlwind
Pack 19: Class of 1812 / Victory
Pack 20: Cueball Wizard / El Dorado

See this thread for more information: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8028-EU-super-patch-4-table-pack-updates-don-t-work

Can someone confirm there is no problem with the standard packs of the Season 2? (I have no problem with TZ and AFM/Genie, as standard packs).

Thanks.

Much better colours on MM

Don't you find that the table is "glowing" too much? And that the reddish hue is far too strong? (look at the metallic ramps color: orange!! o_O')

Maybe it was just me earlier while playing but I found that the flow of MM is not as good as it was before the patch - hitting the ramps before on the flow seemed way easier than it is now. I also found that I'm hitting Merlin way too much by accident now and messing up my multi-balls.

Me too. But it's mainly because the lag is gone (before the patch, you have to flipped earlier to compensate the input lag). Once you get used to (flip later, i.e at the good tempo now), it's like before (chain ramps and avoid Merlin's saucer)

Last edited:

sukmytoe2

May 14, 2014
I had no problem with the Season 2 standard pack downloads at all after the patch Tann - it was easy sailing just to re-download the packs from the store after I queued them all.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Version 01.02 of The Pinball Arcade on the PS4 (NA) released on 04/21/14.

Changelog :

• ESRB rating splash screen updated.
• Trophies are now working on the NA Disc version.
• PS4 Leaderboards are back online...still no Friends Leaderboard filter.
• Season Three section added to the main screen.
• Fish Tales and Black Rose added and are available for purchase.
• 20 Season One custom ball skins added for those who purchased the Season One Table/Pro Pack...not yet available for separate purchase.
• Flipper control can now be changed in the Settings Menu by highlighting Flipper Control and pressing the X button on the controller to toggle configuration.
• Room Brightness and Flipper Control are now saved when you exit the game, however, the Room Brightness does not save on a per table basis.
• Pressing the Share button on the controller now pauses the game.
• All tables with Pro Menus are now in Table Exploration mode instead of Fly By mode when the Coin Door is open.
• Nudge bug on scripted tables fixed.
• Creases removed from playfield on Funhouse.
• Super Dog lamp art issue fixed on Funhouse.
• Ceramic ball skin added to Twilight Zone.
• 10 Billion changed to 10 Million on the big wheel on The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot.
• Special lamp on the big wheel now illuminates on The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot.
• Black shadow removed from playfield on Star Trek : The Next Generation.
• Draw order issue when ball rolls over the Boom Balloon lamp fixed on Cirqus Voltaire.

Hey PW, did Farsight ever say why they can't make a PS3 changelog public? Obviously they know what they have changed/fixed.

Anyway, if anyone wants to continue this, please feel free.
I probably won't be making any changes to it from now on.

Here's the latest version:
update #9, 04/10/2014

I think Farsight has done a great job with this patch. Everything looks to be much improved!

Here's my attempt at compiling a changelog based on comparisons from pre-Super Patch data.
Thanks to everyone who has offered submissions. If you have something to add, which isn't already listed here, please let me know and I'll update it + give credit.

Added to TPA via Super Patch:
1. More responsive flippers.
2. Stereoscopic 3D *press triangle /\ and use right analog stick to adjust strength.
3. Audio mixing via sliders (sound effects / table music / menu music)
4. Default *Ching* sound removed when typing initials for high score allowing you to hear the intended sound effect.
5. Global contrast and saturation improvements on most table assets.
6. The dmd is now animated on the back glass of mm, NGG, and mb. They weren't before. (Submitted by Gorgar)

Changes noticed on tables:

ATTACK FROM MARS
Pop bumpers are improved *
Black seam half way up playfield art is now gone *

BLACK KNIGHT
No more scorch mark on the playfield!
Balls don't travel through the table.

CACTUS CANYON
Improved colors
Better camera angles (you can now clearly see the right outlane.
Guns look better (might be from better lighting?)

CIRQUS VOLTAIRE
The screen is much brighter and looks fantastic. Perhaps they are using a higher resolution scan?
The neon reflects on the insides of the table (nice effect!).
The whole table feels less floaty and much more fluid.
Ringmaster looks more 3D and polished looking.
Added lightning bolt sticker on neon tube & sticker to left of DMD on back wall & sticker on the highwire ramp.*

DR DUDE
Wow! The colors really pop on this.
Not much else noticed.

ELVIRA AND THE PARTY MONSTERS
Black seam half way up playfield art is now gone. *
Texture added to translucent Party Punch Ramp.

FIREPOWER
The pop bumpers are vastly improved. *

FUNHOUSE
The plunger now pulls back all the way *

HARLEY DAVIDSON
Table contrast and color saturation has been adjusted. No more "pale rider" ;)

NO GOOD GOPHERS
Contrast and muted colors were adjusted.
The playing field might be a little bit too dark compared to other tables.
Ramps are a nicer and more colorful shade of blue.

RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT
Probably the best looking table now!
Sharper table graphics.
Rails look more golden and now cast shadows onto table.
Ramps cast light differently and are a deeper red.

STAR TREK TNG
Table is no longer giving off a pink hue.
The table is much brighter and colors more vivid.
The gamer angle for probe launching has been improved.
The blue shield lights above the Enterprise are now correctly aligned. *

T2 JUDGEMENT DAY
Colors are more accurate.

TEE'D OFF
No more pink hue.
Palm trees look improved.

TWILIGHT ZONE
Better colors (no more pink hue).
Pop bumpers have a better than texture and look better when lit. They have a shiny 3D look to them.
Metal ramp looks improved.
Gumball machine looks awesome now!

WHITE WATER
It no longer crashes the PS3! :)
Table graphics are much cleaner.

* = submitted by shutyertrap
* = submitted by Grashopper

FUTURE PATCH REQUESTS ...."Mega Patch" ? ;)
1. Ability to play custom music either via the XMB or in game menu. (Would be perfect for Arcade Ambience mp3 background sounds!)
2. Online co-op play with option with voice chat.
3. The Pinball Arcade main menu overhaul.
4. Lighting day/night slider. (This was discussed by Farsight quite a while ago, but as of yet, not implemented.)
5. Improved pinball flyer scans (1920x1080 pixel or higher would be idea for consoles)
6. Further refinement and replacement of blurry table graphics (I.E. CFTBL - Title card, instructions, Universal Monsters sticker, and the bumper next to the KISS lane, Victory playfield is low res. )
7. Seperate savable option settings for EACH table for EVERY option: Camera view: 1/2/3/4 + Camera lock: locked/unlocked +
Plunger cam: 1/2/3 + DMD: on/off + Multiball cam: on/off + Event cam: on/off + Number of balls: 3/5 + Dual stage flippers: on/off + Orientation: landscape/portrait + 3D settings + Sound settings + Controller settings + Touchscreen settings + Tilt settings + Lighting Settings
(submitted be Neil L.)
8. The ability to view table instructions while game is paused.
9. Option to remove HUD when table is in "pre-play" panning attract mode.
10. Option for table glass and reflections (like in Williams Pinball Hall of Fame)
11. TATE mode for PS3 version. Perfect for rotatable screens.
12. Multi-controller support. (Submitted by MonkeyGrass)
13. Add Hall of Fame Scoring. (Submitted by Grashopper)
14. Add a "tournament" difficulty setting (which disables extra-balls) and separate leaderboards for it. (Submitted by Tann)
15. We could use more camera viewing angles. (Submitted by Budtki)
16. Improved sound quality with less compression than is used on the portable versions of TPA.

======================= ~ started by SpooNMan April 2014 ~ ==========================

Last edited:

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
So far, the table packs which are reported as broken (pro versions only?):

Pack 8 : Twilight Zone
Pack 10: Attack from Mars / Genie
Pack 11: Dr Dude / Firepower
Pack 15: Champion Pub / Whirlwind
Pack 19: Class of 1812 / Victory
Pack 20: Cueball Wizard / El Dorado

See this thread for more information: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8028-EU-super-patch-4-table-pack-updates-don-t-work

Can someone confirm there is no problem with the standard packs of the Season 2? (I have no problem with TZ and AFM/Genie, as standard packs).

Thanks.

Don't you find that the table is "glowing" too much? And that the reddish hue is far too strong? (look at the metallic ramps color: orange!! o_O')

Me too. But it's mainly because the lag is gone (before the patch, you have to flipped earlier to compensate the input lag). Once you get used to (flip later, i.e at the good tempo now), it's like before (chain ramps and avoid Merlin's saucer)

Can you add Bride of Pinbot / Medieval Madness to the list of broken Pro tables please?

I have 13 tables total that are not working, and those are the two that you're missing.

Thank you!

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I had no problem with the Season 2 standard pack downloads at all after the patch Tann

Thanks! I wait to see if the incoming tournament will have different rules (time atttack or whatever), and if it's the case, I will at last purchase the S2 standard pack (I was waiting this damned megapatch since 8 months before buying anything new lol)

Can you add Bride of Pinbot / Medieval Madness to the list of broken Pro tables please?

It's done, I didn't see you had problems with this pack. Hoping all will be fixed soon for you guys.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

I have 13 tables total that are not working, and those are the two that you're missing.

Thank you!

There are threads for bug reporting.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
It's not a bug report, it was in reply to the list of non-working tables since the patch posted further up in this thread.

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you expand on this thought?

I meant I was wondering why some of the Pinball Arcade Tables were so different to the Tables of the PS3-Disc "Williams Classic". MM, Gorgar and some others had been published before. Some tables looked nearly identically, some, like MM (which is different in table rules) and Gorgar were terribly colored on the Pinball Arcade.
By the way: AFM is great now.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Anyway, if anyone wants to continue this, please feel free.
I probably won't be making any changes to it from now on.

Could you post your changelog/request list between the "code" tags? No need to set font sizes and colors again...

By the way:

17. Add a statistics menu (global play time, number of plays and play time per table, average score per table, etc.)

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
So I downloaded the update, and it's asking me to buy everything again, and guess what? That's right, my tables aren't in my download history. Ridiculous. Goodbye farsight.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
That's really weird. In my download history on PSN, it lists EVERYTHING I ever downloaded from the store and I've had my PS3 since 2009 or so.
Anyways, if the table packs aren't listed in your PSN download history, that's not Farsights problem. It's a problem then with your PSN account.
Do you see anything in there? Are you sure you are looking in the correct place ? (Just log in to the store from the PS3 menu, instead of going to the store from the game).

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
So I downloaded the update, and it's asking me to buy everything again, and guess what? That's right, my tables aren't in my download history. Ridiculous. Goodbye farsight.

I know the Sony's Fault/Farsight's Fault debate rages supreme, but this doesn't sound like Farsight's fault at all. Contact Sony about it.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I purchased the S2 pack yesterday (no problem to download the 10 standard packs).

Globally, it's very good (some tables are very gorgeous, it's night and day compared to some S1 tables, Farsight has improved, no doubt about that).

But (yes, there is a "but"):

1) I was very eager to see how looks the arty black and white Centaur on my TV. And... I'm very disappointed (son)!!
Because of the new "reddish hue", the table looks blah, adios the deep black & white, it's more yellow/orange and grey. :( :( :( (yes, three smileys)
The table plays great, though.

2) On Whirlwind... What the f-word about the red light bulbs??! When they're lit, the light effect is like a huge red flattened potatoe. It's so big and too strong that it hides the table itself and the ball!!! The guy in charge of the FX has taken LSD or what? :p

4) The lighting on White Water is kind of weird. This big red (again) flashy wall on the background, the too much dark playfield, and the reflection on the ball which makes look it like glass (you can hardly see the ball on the middle of the table).
It makes me think more at a "Volcano" table than a "Water" table... o_o

3) It seems there's a bug on Pin*Bot. After locking the first ball (no multiball before, first time the mouth is open), it's impossible to lock the second ball. After a while, normally, the first ball has to be released (if you don't lock the second ball). But nothing happened. I was stuck in the regular one-ball play, with a ball locked, but no way to start the multiball.

EDIT: oops, I should read the forum before... It's not really a bug, but it's annoying (http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5465-Visor-eject-holes-are-too)

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Bride of Pin*Bot

Pre-patch:

bop_prepatch.jpg

Post-patch (thanks to RubiconAlpha)

bop_postpatch.jpg

Visuals:

One of the table which looks good pre-patch.
As it has been already said, the dark metallic ambiance has disappeared, because of (thanks to?) the reddish hue.
The textures look more realistic now (good point), but the table is overall less fancy (bad point).
The red bulb light effect is weaker now.

Physics:

Not much to say, it was OK before the patch.

Bugs:

None encountered so far.

BoP Enhancement Verdict: 7/10

Last edited:

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Whilst waiting for the post this morning (still waiting fact fans!), I decided to try and redownload the 13 broken Pro tables in my collection.

Now, either things are going from bad to worse, or we're creeping ever slowly towards this being fixed, as wait for it... The broken table files won't even download any more!

Yes, that's right, what Sony broke, they now taketh away entirely, so I'm hoping this means that the missing files will shortly (read: eventually), be replaced with the working Pro files, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

With Wolfenstein: The New Order, Watch_Dogs, and finishing off Assassin's Creed: Black Flag to keep me busy, not to mention my working Pinball Arcade/Pinball FX/Zen tables, I have plenty to be going on with.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Whilst waiting for the post this morning (still waiting fact fans!), I decided to try and redownload the 13 broken Pro tables in my collection.

Now, either things are going from bad to worse, or we're creeping ever slowly towards this being fixed, as wait for it... The broken table files won't even download any more!

Yes, that's right, what Sony broke, they now taketh away entirely, so I'm hoping this means that the missing files will shortly (read: eventually), be replaced with the working Pro files, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

With Wolfenstein: The New Order, Watch_Dogs, and finishing off Assassin's Creed: Black Flag to keep me busy, not to mention my working Pinball Arcade/Pinball FX/Zen tables, I have plenty to be going on with.

Sounds like a step in the right direction rather than another screw up. It would be hard to accidentally delete the files - they are obviously trying to fix it.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Could you post your changelog/request list between the "code" tags? No need to set font sizes and colors again...

By the way:

17. Add a statistics menu (global play time, number of plays and play time per table, average score per table, etc.)

Sure, here it is

Code:
[COLOR="#FF0000"]update #9, 04/10/2014[/COLOR]

I think Farsight has done a great job with this patch. Everything looks to be much improved!

Here's my attempt at compiling a changelog based on comparisons from pre-Super Patch data.
Thanks to everyone who has offered submissions. [U]If you have something to add, which isn't already listed here, please let me know and I'll update it + give credit. [/U]

[SIZE=5][U]Added to TPA via Super Patch:[/U][/SIZE]
1. More responsive flippers.
2. Stereoscopic 3D *press triangle /\ and use right analog stick to adjust strength.
3. Audio mixing via sliders (sound effects / table music / menu music)
4. Default *Ching* sound removed when typing initials for high score allowing you to hear the intended sound effect.
5. Global contrast and saturation improvements on most table assets. 
6. The dmd is now animated on the back glass of mm, NGG, and mb. They weren't before. (Submitted by Gorgar)

[SIZE=5][U]Changes noticed on tables:[/U][/SIZE]

[B]ATTACK FROM MARS[/B]
Pop bumpers are improved [COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]
Black seam half way up playfield art is now gone [COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]

[B]BLACK KNIGHT[/B]
No more scorch mark on the playfield!
Balls don't travel through the table.

[B]CACTUS CANYON [/B]
Improved colors
Better camera angles (you can now clearly see the right outlane.
Guns look better (might be from better lighting?)

[B]CIRQUS VOLTAIRE[/B]
The screen is much brighter and looks fantastic. Perhaps they are using a higher resolution scan?
The neon reflects on the insides of the table (nice effect!).
The whole table feels less floaty and much more fluid. 
Ringmaster looks more 3D and polished looking.
Added lightning bolt sticker on neon tube & sticker to left of DMD on back wall & sticker on the highwire ramp.[COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]

[B]DR DUDE[/B]
Wow! The colors really pop on this. 
Not much else noticed.

[B]ELVIRA AND THE PARTY MONSTERS[/B]
Black seam half way up playfield art is now gone. [COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]
Texture added to translucent Party Punch Ramp.

[B]FIREPOWER[/B]
The pop bumpers are vastly improved. [COLOR="#FF0000"]*[/COLOR]

[B]FUNHOUSE[/B]
The plunger now pulls back all the way [COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]

[B]HARLEY DAVIDSON[/B] 
Table contrast and color saturation has been adjusted. No more "pale rider" ;)

[B]NO GOOD GOPHERS[/B]
Contrast and muted colors were adjusted. 
The playing field might be a little bit too dark compared to other tables.
Ramps are a nicer and more colorful shade of blue.

[B]RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT[/B]
Probably the best looking table now!
Sharper table graphics.
Rails look more golden and now cast shadows onto table.
Ramps cast light differently and are a deeper red.

[B]STAR TREK TNG[/B]
Table is no longer giving off a pink hue.
The table is much brighter and colors more vivid.
The gamer angle for probe launching has been improved.
The blue shield lights above the Enterprise are now correctly aligned. [COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]

[B]T2 JUDGEMENT DAY[/B]

[B]TEE'D OFF[/B]
No more pink hue.
Palm trees look improved.

[B]TWILIGHT ZONE[/B]
Better colors (no more pink hue).
Pop bumpers have a better than texture and look better when lit. They have a shiny 3D look to them.
Metal ramp looks improved.
Gumball machine looks awesome now!

[B]WHITE WATER[/B]
It no longer crashes the PS3! :)
Table graphics are much cleaner.

[COLOR="#FF0000"] [B]*[/B] = submitted by shutyertrap [/COLOR]
[COLOR="#008000"] [B]*[/B] = submitted by Grashopper[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"][U]FUTURE PATCH REQUESTS ...."Mega Patch" ? ;)[/U][/COLOR]
1. Ability to play custom music either via the XMB or in game menu. (Would be perfect for Arcade Ambience mp3 background sounds!)
[COLOR="#800080"]2. Online co-op play with option with voice chat.[/COLOR]
3. The Pinball Arcade main menu overhaul.
[COLOR="#800080"]4. Lighting day/night slider. (This was discussed by Farsight quite a while ago, but as of yet, not implemented.)[/COLOR]
5. Improved pinball flyer scans (1920x1080 pixel or higher would be idea for consoles)
[COLOR="#800080"]6. Further refinement and replacement of blurry table graphics (I.E. CFTBL - Title card, instructions, Universal Monsters sticker, and the bumper next to the KISS lane, Victory playfield is low res. )[/COLOR]
7. Seperate savable option settings for EACH table for EVERY option[SIZE=2]: Camera view: 1/2/3/4 + Camera lock: locked/unlocked +
Plunger cam: 1/2/3 + DMD: on/off + Multiball cam: on/off + Event cam: on/off + Number of balls: 3/5 + Dual stage flippers: on/off + Orientation: landscape/portrait + 3D settings + Sound settings + Controller settings + Touchscreen settings + Tilt settings + Lighting Settings[/SIZE] (submitted be Neil L.)
[COLOR="#800080"]8. The ability to view table instructions while game is paused.[/COLOR]
9. Option to remove HUD when table is in "pre-play" panning attract mode.
[COLOR="#800080"]10. Option for table glass and reflections (like in Williams Pinball Hall of Fame)[/COLOR]
11. TATE mode for PS3 version. Perfect for rotatable screens.
[COLOR="#800080"]12. Multi-controller support. [/COLOR](Submitted by MonkeyGrass)
13. Add Hall of Fame Scoring. (Submitted by Grashopper)
[COLOR="#800080"]14. Add a "tournament" difficulty setting (which disables extra-balls) and separate leaderboards for it.[/COLOR] (Submitted by Tann)
15. We could use more camera viewing angles. (Submitted by Budtki)
[COLOR="#800080"]16. Improved sound quality with less compression than is used on the portable versions of TPA.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"]=======================  ~ started by SpooNMan April 2014 ~  ====================== [/COLOR]

Also, has anyone else noticed that, after the update, the DualShock3 no longer rumbles when it's turned on in the options?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts