The PS3 "super patch"

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Thanks, Spoonman!

FUTURE PATCH REQUESTS ...."Mega Patch" ? ;)
1. Ability to play custom music either via the XMB or in game menu. (Would be perfect for Arcade Ambience mp3 background sounds!)
2. Online co-op play with option with voice chat.
3. The Pinball Arcade main menu overhaul.
4. Lighting day/night slider. (This was discussed by Farsight quite a while ago, but as of yet, not implemented.)
5. Improved pinball flyer scans (1920x1080 pixel or higher would be idea for consoles)
6. Further refinement and replacement of blurry table graphics (I.E. CFTBL - Title card, instructions, Universal Monsters sticker, and the bumper next to the KISS lane, Victory playfield is low res. )
7. Seperate savable option settings for EACH table for EVERY option: Camera view: 1/2/3/4 + Camera lock: locked/unlocked +
Plunger cam: 1/2/3 + DMD: on/off + Multiball cam: on/off + Event cam: on/off + Number of balls: 3/5 + Dual stage flippers: on/off + Orientation: landscape/portrait + 3D settings + Sound settings + Controller settings + Touchscreen settings + Tilt settings + Lighting Settings
(submitted be Neil L.)
8. The ability to view table instructions while game is paused.
9. Option to remove HUD when table is in "pre-play" panning attract mode.
10. Option for table glass and reflections (like in Williams Pinball Hall of Fame)
11. TATE mode for PS3 version. Perfect for rotatable screens.
12. Multi-controller support. (Submitted by MonkeyGrass)
13. Add Hall of Fame Scoring. (Submitted by Grashopper)
14. Add a "tournament" difficulty setting (which disables extra-balls) and separate leaderboards for it. (Submitted by Tann)
15. We could use more camera viewing angles. (Submitted by Budtki)
16. Improved sound quality with less compression than is used on the portable versions of TPA.
17. Add a statistics menu (global play time, number of plays and play time per table, average score per table, etc.)
18. Any highscores made offline are automatically posted once you go online again.

======================= ~ started by SpooNMan April 2014 ~ ======================

Also, has anyone else noticed that, after the update, the DualShock3 no longer rumbles when it's turned on in the options?

I will check tonight (I play usually TPA with an old sixaxis, but I have also a DS3).

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Still getting rumble this end, just tried it on the Scared Stiff table.

Are you lacking rumble on any table in particular, or the entire game?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Still getting rumble this end, just tried it on the Scared Stiff table.

Are you lacking rumble on any table in particular, or the entire game?

Strange. I've tried it on several of the current tournament tables and didn't get rumble on any. I'll mess around with it more tomorrow.

EDIT...
Well, chalk that one up to "user error".
Someone must have turned off the rumble function in the controllers setting screen (press and hold PS Home button for 2 seconds). I switched it back to ON and it's all good now. I didn't even realize you could disable it globally across all games like that.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Pin*Bot

Pre-patch:

pinbot_prepatch.jpg

Post-patch (thanks to RubiconAlpha)

pinbot_postpatch.jpg

Visuals:

I didn't own this table before patch, so I can only compare with these screenshots. The contrast is better, colors are more vivid, the playfield is less darker, and the weird glowing on the slingshots and flippers has been toned down.

Physics:

I remember that the left outlane was a pain in PHoF. After some games on this TPA patched version, this outlane is still a great danger, although it seems a lot less eager.

Bugs:

When attempting to lock the second ball, a strong direct shot to the visor hole is not catched. Only a weak shot (or after a bump) locks the ball.

P*B Enhancement Verdict: 9/10

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Physics:

I remember that the left outlane was a pain in PHoF. After some games on this TPA patched version, this outlane is still a great danger, although it seems a lot less eager.
FWIW, it's a pain in the real machine as well.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Flight 2000

Pre-patch:

f2000_prepatch.jpg

Post-patch

f2000_postpatch.jpg

Visuals:

I didn't own this table before patch, so I can only compare with these screenshots. And it seems there's no difference at all (maybe a little brighter, but it can come from the capture quality). The table looked good, and it still looks good.

Physics:

The ball goes at the speed of light (because of the table theme? :p), it's total crazyness sometimes. Except this, it's good.

Bugs:

None encountered so far.

F2000 Enhancement Verdict: None (not patched?)

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Nice work! Would love to see you do Taxi at some point. That's one of the tables most in need of a patch in my opinion. Interested to see if the colours and the random strength plunger are fixed.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
ToTAN pre-patch

totan_prepatch.jpg

ToTAN post-patch

totan_postpatch.jpg

It's a matter of taste (simili LED/night mode vs more colors and details), but I prefer overall the new look.

Thanks again to RubiconAlpha who uploads TPA videos on PS3 (it's become rare ^^).

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
It's a matter of taste (simili LED/night mode vs more colors and details), but I prefer overall the new look.

Thanks again to RubiconAlpha who uploads TPA videos on PS3 (it's become rare ^^).[/QUOTE]

Haven't played this table in awhile and was surprised when I went to play it in the current tourney.
I also prefer the overall new look as well.

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
uc

Well I understand some like the new look .. but to me it lost its majesty. Here are screenshots of real tables been played on you tube .. You cant ask for a better example than a real table now can you.

The first two videos I played had a night look ( there could be a difference here with LEDs vs incandescent and the camera's white balance )

The third video I played is the most neutral and balanced look you could ask for, its not night mode but its not flat and the white balance is spot on.

Overall what is missing is a broader contrast in lighting, even if its not night mode , there has to be more glare in the highlights and darker areas in shadows/occluded areas

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I enjoy the 'look' of a dark table, just because it highlights the light show. That being said, I always appreciated the fully lit look in iOS just because it showed off the artwork. This is why the option for different lighting is so key. What I didn't like about the original look of TOTAN was that it didn't look natural. Everything was waxy looking, and I didn't believe the lighting source. For that reason I dig the new look. I can actually believe it, and have played TOTAN in real life in just those lighting conditions.

I play in a monthly league, that starts in full day light and ends in dark, with no lights on other than the tables. While it may look beautiful at night with the glow of all those tables, they get significantly harder to play once it's dark. At least I was able to look at them in full light earlier. If TPA would just give us a controllable fly over of the table (for free *ahem*) and some light control, I think everybody could be happy.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Twilight Zone pre-patch

tz_prepatch.jpg

Twilight Zone post-patch

tz_postpatch.jpg

The pre-patch version -yes, it WAS like that- was a glowing mess (way too much bloom effect). I really like the new lighting ambiance (seems a little too dark at first, but I get used to). And it improves the light show.

Thanks to Maezun for the video capture .

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Twilight Zone pre-patch

tz_prepatch.jpg

Twilight Zone post-patch

tz_postpatch.jpg

The pre-patch version -yes, it WAS like that- was a glowing mess (way too much bloom effect). I really like the new lighting ambiance (seems a little too dark at first, but I get used to). And it improves the light show.

Thanks to Maezun for the video capture .

Just about everyone has complained about how dark it is now, at least on the PS3. I think it's way too dark, and looks terrible. (Farsight has said a few times that it will be fixed eventually.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts