The PS3 "super patch"

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
They said on Facebook it would be out before the end of the year.

Well, I don't use Facebook myself, and RARELY look at anyone else's page (including FarSight's), but when did they say that? If it was after Bobby said the patch SHOULD be out in January, then I'd agree they jumped the gun... but that's it. I mean, seriously, can't people just accept that the guys who work at FarSight are human like the rest of us? They'll make mistakes, indeed, as we all do. Is it fair to hold every little mistake over their heads? Unless they've mistreated their customers (which I haven't seen yet), I don't think they're deserving of all the mudslinging. We'll get the patch when it's ready. Does anyone honestly believe they're holding out for some sinister reason? If not, then what's with all the negative noise? Sony's team is out for holiday break, right? So, what are you expecting? Just be patient. The holidays are over now, so that precious patch should be very near now... and it gives you something to look forward to, along with new tables! :D

Deadlines missed... erroneous and/or contradictory statements issued ahead of schedule... glitches, bugs, and other roadblocks... none of these things are new to any company, especially those involved in some sort of technology, and ESPECIALLY those who work in cooperation with affiliates who at times struggle to reach a compromise on any given issue. We've all got to be more patient. It'll turn out good in the end.

Darrell Harding

Mar 28, 2013
They have been consistently stating on Facebook that the MegaPatch would be out BEFORE the end of the year and have been doing so for at least 4 months . It was only when asked about if a certain problem would be fixed they said they may be able to work it into the MegaPatch , that's when questions started coming about how could they expect to have it ready by December or even January for that matter if it was still being worked on and had not even been submitted for release. The latest now is that it isn't guaranteed for even January so I guess we have no choice but to wait it out.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Well, I don't use Facebook myself, and RARELY look at anyone else's page (including FarSight's), but when did they say that?
Back in October. It was their response to a question from me on Facebook that got this entire thread started.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
not to mention it was said by BK in podcast interview #2. So we have a new window 1st quarter 2014 my money is on APRIL unfortunately.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
No matter when the patch will be released... as FS still works on it! (It has never been submitted to Sony, I guess)

PS3/PS Vita : Mega Patch : FarSight is still working on artwork corrections, bug fixes and tweaks that they would like to include in the Mega Patch and hope to be done with the patch soon. They plan submit to Sony in early 2014 and hope to have the patch rolled out first quarter 2014.

> http://digitalpinballfans.com/conte...!-Plans-For-The-Pinball-Arcade-In-2014-INSIDE!

*Before Christmas* Uh, uh.
*Before the end of the year* Uh, uh.
*In January* Uh, uh.
*Well, actually, we're still working on it.* LOL
*Maybe before Spring* To be continued...

Whatever, if they add more fixes/new features (new UI, multiplayer, Challenge mode) , it's better to delay the megapatch... I'm agree with that.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Did they ever say it would definitely be released at a certain time? I don't recall there ever being an absolute release date, but rather a ballpark timeframe. I could be wrong though, as I haven't being following this that closely.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
PS3/PS Vita : Mega Patch : FarSight is still working on artwork corrections, bug fixes and tweaks that they would like to include in the Mega Patch and hope to be done with the patch soon. They plan to submit to Sony in early 2014 and hope to have the patch rolled out first quarter 2014.

Is what's in the Happy New Year Post.

How about, for every table you own, whether it's fixed or not, FarSight gives you unlimited free replays for as long as you own it? :)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I have perspective. Bride constantly screws up on 2 player games. BK is a mess and has balls flying off the table. CV is very glitchy and has balls flying off. TZ gets stuck in the gumball machine. Wh2o freezes when you finish a game. A number of games lose track of the amount of balls you have and that kills the game. The pop bumpers on AFM barely work. We have that table and CC that hit invisible things that cause a SDTM. Genie you can hardly see anything...
I've spent over 100 bucks on the product. Sometimes you get lucky and don't have a problem. But it's still a mess.

Sad... but true.

As FS is still working on the megapatch (and doesn't seem to know what's wrong -regarding FlippyFloppy's posts-), I add to the list the washed out colors of Taxi (here), HD (here) and NGG (here).

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Is there any chance they worked out some type of arrangement with Sony to include additional trophies for the missing + new tables?

I forgot how much I missed having them the other night when I had finally completed the wizard goals on Tee'd Off and was waiting for the "Ching!".... and nothing. *sigh*
I know not everyone cares, but there are a lot of people who do.

Has there been any definitive ETA on the patch made by Farsight?

I think they should consider making each season it's own PS3 game. That would solved the trophy issue as well as make future mega patches smaller in size.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Hi spoonman,

The trophy limit is for all PS3 games and Sony won't do an exception. With season 3 FS should get another 1200 points or so. They could make the Standard Goals Bronze trophies and use some points for the season 2 tables.

ETA? Nope. Don't hold your breath and let FS take all the time they need.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Is there any chance they worked out some type of arrangement with Sony to include additional trophies for the missing + new tables?

I forgot how much I missed having them the other night when I had finally completed the wizard goals on Tee'd Off and was waiting for the "Ching!".... and nothing. *sigh*

I think they should consider making each season it's own PS3 game. That would solved the trophy issue as well as make future mega patches smaller in size.

It's only an issue because you're one of those people that are making it an issue.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It's only an issue because you're one of those people that are making it an issue.
Yes I am "one of those people".
I am also one of those people who cared enough to upload proof of the PS3 Leaderboard bug which helped lead Farsight to a fix, so you are welcome for that.

I'm not going to try and make you undertand what trophies add to the game or why others care. If you don't already get it then it's a waste of my time.

I don't really understand the attitude lately.
If you have nothing helpful to add perhaps you should bite your tongue and move along.

Last edited:

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012

Actually Spoonman, I agree. If they split the Seasons up as their own entities, then trophies shouldn't be a problem. I'm one of the trophy lovers here. To be honest, some of these trophies are pretty damn hard. Well the wizard goals for them are. I would like to showcase that I've completed them. It's nothing more than virtual satisfaction for me. I won't get into the whole trophy debate or argument as some here don't like them.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I'm well aware of what trophies add to games, thanks.

And splitting up the seasons into individual PSN games would not be a very good idea.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
And splitting up the seasons into individual PSN games would not be a very good idea.

Well now, that depends on how cooperative Sony wants to be. If FS were to release a "TPA - Season 2" title which would include the "core game" (minus the 4 original tables) bundled with Season 2 tables, and m.m. for Season 3 when the time comes, with "new" trophies, but then would allow these trophies as well for the original TPA + DLC, all problems are solved. I don't think Sony will do it, but it would be a good idea if they did.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts