The PS4 is five tables behind at this point - any news on the update schedule?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
They did a good job releasing T2 in a timely manner on PS3 and TAF on PS4. Not so much with TZ and STTNG.

Farsight has said that the next update (on PS3) will not implement the new UI, which leads me to believe that the next update will only go up to TX Sector (which sucks, but if the sound bug is fixed like Flippy said it would be, the phantom ball bug removed, Gorgar pop bumpers fixed, and friends filter added, it would turn this meh update into an awesome update)

As for Dr. Who. Well, by they get the new UI ready for consoles, I think we are looking at a late November release if we are really lucky. Otherwise, February. (Farsight seems to have long waits when submitting too late in the year)

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Ahh....a fellow Clevelander! I think I might have asked you in the past what part of Cleveland you were from. Forgive me if I have. I was born and raised there.

Anyway, I was super disappointed when I saw the newsletter and didn't see anything new for consoles.

Yeah, I'm a born and raised Clevelander too. I live about a mile north of the airport.

It just used to be kind of exciting to expect a table or two every month or so. Sad thing is, I'll likely buy the season 6 pass as soon as it's made available for consoles. Only thing I do with the PC version is use it for the previews......my aging laptop makes the PC version not really worth spending money on, so I went with the consoles.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Yeah, I'm a born and raised Clevelander too. I live about a mile north of the airport.

It just used to be kind of exciting to expect a table or two every month or so. Sad thing is, I'll likely buy the season 6 pass as soon as it's made available for consoles. Only thing I do with the PC version is use it for the previews......my aging laptop makes the PC version not really worth spending money on, so I went with the consoles.

Ahh sweet! I lived off of Kinsman majority of my teenage years. Outside of that it was Garfield Heights.

Anyway, I use to be excited for it too. Sometimes you barely knew if you were getting a table or 2. Unfortunately for me I won't dish out anymore money on a season pass for consoles until I see that FarSight is releasing in a timely manner. I don't want to sound like I'm dissing them. I enjoy their product very much. I think it's because I like them so much that I'm this passionate about them fixing the bugs on PS4 and the leaderboards for friends. PC is looking like the viable option here. iOS and mobile is the most supported. I do remember FS saying a long time ago that it's much easier for the approval of those platforms to go through versus consoles. I take it mobile is their money maker. Hopefully we'll get something soon.

big_kick

Jun 10, 2013
Here is Mike's answers about PS4.

@Gorgar: Upcoming Ps4 update. Which tables will be included? Will there be a fix for the sound issues? What about the always lit bumpers in Gorgar?

We will be releasing Rescue 911, Last Action Hero and TX-Sector next month. We do plan to have the sound fix in for this one. If not it will come in a patch following the release. Always lit bumpers will be fixed but no ETA yet.

@DA5ID: How about PlayStation VR?

Exclusive to Oculus for now.

@wolfson: are we getting 3D on PS4,it`s bloody great on PS3 !!!

Possible we will consider this in the future but not currently planned.

@dtown8532: Next PS4 release? Fixes and how recent are we with tables?

Expecting to release late next month. We should have a bug fix list in the newsletter.

In late September, finally we will get rest tables of Season 5.

When will we get DOCTOR WHO?
I should ask him...

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
The ghost balls issue was resolved after the last update. Which flasher bugs are you specifically referring to?

The flasher bulbs on Cirqus Voltaire, Roadshow, and Hurricane have the transparent square rectangles which blocks lighting GI.

You can see it on Cirqus Voltaire easily. Just use the PC version as reference.

PS4 (You can see it blocking the ramp on the left, in the back, and on the right of the neon tube wall.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYPffP-q3Y

PC DX11 (How it should look)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Qj3ysCuHE

Problem areas here

i5d018o.jpg

Also if possible, could you match the Menagerie Ball color with the Neon Tube every time it changes color like in the video above? Thanks!

Hurricane

gZeRwqv.jpg

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Wasn't the last update the one that introduced the ghost balls?

Correct, the issue wasn't fixed until after it the last update was released though. So it will be in this upcoming update.

The flasher bulbs on Cirqus Voltaire, Roadshow, and Hurricane have the transparent square rectangles which blocks lighting GI.

You can see it on Cirqus Voltaire easily. Just use the PC version as reference.

PS4 (You can see it blocking the ramp on the left, in the back, and on the right of the neon tube wall.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYPffP-q3Y

PC DX11 (How it should look)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Qj3ysCuHE

Problem areas here

i5d018o.jpg

Also if possible, could you match the Menagerie Ball color with the Neon Tube every time it changes color like in the video above? Thanks!

I'll see what we can do because I know these have been glaring issues. We're working pretty hard on getting the sound fix in and tested but still meet the deadline so we can start getting Season 6 in up to Dr Who. I'll post when I know more.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Correct, the issue wasn't fixed until after it the last update was released though. So it will be in this upcoming update.

I'll see what we can do because I know these have been glaring issues. We're working pretty hard on getting the sound fix in and tested but still meet the deadline so we can start getting Season 6 in up to Dr Who. I'll post when I know more.

Thanks! The other one i forgot to mention was High Speed 2.

V5L3d90.jpg

But I'm sure you've seen this one before.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Here is Mike's answers about PS4.

@DA5ID: How about PlayStation VR?

Exclusive to Oculus for now.

So they are keeping VR as an Oculous Exclusive now?
Well, that's pretty disappointing.

I hate to see Zen Pinball get so far ahead in the VR race.
They already showed off the new Zen Pinball running on PSVR.

I thought when I saw Farsight on the list of developers with PSVR compatible titles it would obviously be Pinball Arcade.
Here's the link....
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-15-heres-230-developers-making-playstation-vr-games

It just doesn't make sense to me. They are building the necessary assets for VR, but are keeping it away from the biggest selling VR platform? After seeing the PSVR demos for myself I am completely sold on it. Pinball is one of those games that is actually enhanced and easier to play in a VR setting. I really hope they reconsider on this.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
They can't even get the tables out to us in a timely manner. It would take them so long to implement PSVR that the VR fad would be over before the first table ever got released.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
They can't even get the tables out to us in a timely manner. It would take them so long to implement PSVR that the VR fad would be over before the first table ever got released.

I don't agree about VR being a fad.
If you try it for yourself you will get a sense that it's indeed the future of gaming.
The HMD's will inevitably become more transparent and higher quality over time, but I think VR is here to stay.

Game companies should really get in on this in its infancy or they will find themselves left behind by others beating them to the punch.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I'm very surprised I haven't heard any complaints of the "lack of" information on the PS4 tables after the recent newsletter dropped. I was pretty upset not to see anything on the consoles after months of not seeing a table appearance.

I guess the subject has been beat to death. I'm seriously considering going PC and/or iOS as those platforms get the most support outside of mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.