The PS4 is five tables behind at this point - any news on the update schedule?

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I'm very surprised I haven't heard any complaints of the "lack of" information on the PS4 tables after the recent newsletter dropped. I was pretty upset not to see anything on the consoles after months of not seeing a table appearance.

I guess the subject has been beat to death. I'm seriously considering going PC and/or iOS as those platforms get the most support outside of mobile.

It was said the update should be towards the end of the month.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
PS4 update release on 10-18-16. Posted as a response on Facebook. Didn't say how far up to date we'll get but said it won't include Dr.Who.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
PS4 update release on 10-18-16. Posted as a response on Facebook. Didn't say how far up to date we'll get but said it won't include Dr.Who.

It's up to TX Sector only. That is what they said a month or so ago and if you check the leaderboards on the website and filter by PSN, you will see that the only 3 tables that have been tested on a PSN platform are R911, LAH, and TX

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
It was said the update should be towards the end of the month.

They said that last month. There was supposed to be a release at the end of September. That was a no go I guess.

So now we're getting something on the 18th of October? They could have mentioned that in the newsletter. Anyway, I knew we weren't getting Dr. Who. However, they could at least finish out season 5 though. We're way behind everyone else. Meaning us console players.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I'm very surprised I haven't heard any complaints of the "lack of" information on the PS4 tables after the recent newsletter dropped. I was pretty upset not to see anything on the consoles after months of not seeing a table appearance.

I guess the subject has been beat to death. I'm seriously considering going PC and/or iOS as those platforms get the most support outside of mobile.

Because nobody gives a damn about the console versions anymore, farsight included. Everyone is either on PC or mobile. As I have said before the console sections of this forum have been dead since the PC version came out. Except for the short lived burst of activity once the consoles do get updates. And the updates we do get are loaded with bugs that take half a year to fix.

As nice as the support that PC gets is, there is no way I am ever supporting this company again. The way they treat people like me who have spent all kinds of money on their product only do to a half assed job (and this is with a semiannual update schedule) is disgusting. There is no excuse for the complete lack of communication.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I care about the console versions. PS3, PS4 and Vita. I buy all of everything every season for both consoles (Vita through cross-buy), and I plan to continue doing that. This laptop is like 4 years old, so I can only play the old DX9 versions of the tables on it, so I just use the PC to test new tables with the demo modes. I don't buy them on PC. My cellphone is ancient junk that likely couldn't even begin to play TPA, so nothing there. Console is my primary way to game.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Because nobody gives a damn about the console versions anymore, farsight included. Everyone is either on PC or mobile. As I have said before the console sections of this forum have been dead since the PC version came out. Except for the short lived burst of activity once the consoles do get updates. And the updates we do get are loaded with bugs that take half a year to fix.

As nice as the support that PC gets is, there is no way I am ever supporting this company again. The way they treat people like me who have spent all kinds of money on their product only do to a half assed job (and this is with a semiannual update schedule) is disgusting. There is no excuse for the complete lack of communication.

Yeah unfortunately I'm starting to see why they get the hate they do. I've been supporting them since the Gamecube days. When they first hit the consoles digitally, I was stoked and bought them on the PS3 and 360 the very first day and have been supporting them ever since. I just want to know why it's taking them so long to release content for the consoles. Not just the PS4, but the Xbox One as well. At least the Xbox One has friends' leaderboards, something the PS4 has NEVER had. This is getting crazy. I still have a glimmer of faith though. I won't purchase another season pass with consoles though. Not until they start showing that they can consistently release them instead of waiting months, while PC/mobile are miles ahead.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
They said that last month. There was supposed to be a release at the end of September. That was a no go I guess.

So now we're getting something on the 18th of October? They could have mentioned that in the newsletter. Anyway, I knew we weren't getting Dr. Who. However, they could at least finish out season 5 though. We're way behind everyone else. Meaning us console players.

I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. Even if they do arrive on the 18th, don't know if I'm going to drop all that money for the backlog of tables.
Never have bought a season pass even though I end up spending more in the long run.
With all the problems FS has had with consoles, glad I haven't.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Last three of season 5 are up in the PSN store along with the TPA update. But, they can't be purchased through the app and, even though I bought the season pass, they still show as $4.99 purchases in the store. Tried "restore licenses." Didn't work. Anybody else have this issue?

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
LAH, R911 & TX were marked as FREE directly from the PSN Store as that was the first place I looked, not sure why they were FREE but then I bought the PS4 version and every table only a couple of weeks back. Maybe because I bought the season 5 pass or something...

I remember this though...
The previous Season 5 tables on PS4 you had to go back to the PSN Store and then every table was marked as FREE, it was here the download for each table was then offered. Check the PSN store it's self for LAH, R911 & TX for ones marked FREE.
The whole game will also want to update once you download the tables and start the game. As you exit the game it should already be downloading the update, about 1.4gig.

At this time LAH, R911 & TX do not show any online scoreboards for me, nothing. I also checked some previous tables for highscore and while some worked fine I did notice the odd score has been wiped, like Fire Power for example.

BTW I have the retail disk (PAL) version of Season 1 installed as well, the game has not updated and is not showing LAH, R911, TX at all. The disc version is an older version of TPA even when it was updated with the latest update though.

Last edited:

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Happened last time. Cannot remember how long before it got sorted. Obviously Sony's fault.

Maybe it will be fixed when the store officially updates later on. Of course it will be Sony's fault but it's funny that TPA is the only game I've had problems with when it comes to Season Passes. Hmm........

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
PA have just broken out the 'restore licences' crap on Facebook for PS4 version. Working on a '$40,000' patch for the PS3 mess of this update aswell.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Restoring licenses did nothing. Still expects me to purchase the new tables when I have the Pro pass.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.