The Random Thought Thread

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
My second day off the HFCS and my blood glucose this evening was down to 138. My best recent reading before stopping the HFCS was 220. Results!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just wanted to admit that I own the Official Jerky Boys Pinball app. Not proud of it, but it needed to be said.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
I watched Apple's WWDC keynote this morning, and saw iOS 7's accelerometer-enabled parallax home screen:

ku-xlarge.gif

My first thought was "That would be awesome in TPA - you could look under STTNG's launchers and CC's guns!"

(I put this here instead of the iOS forum because I know it ain't gonna happen until TPA version 15.)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
A few years ago, when the app store was in its' infancy, Zen put out two tables that actually used that kind of tech. Titled Rollercoaster and Inferno. They were put out before the current "Zen Pinball" we all know today. And they were priced at, get this, $4.99... each. TPA is sooooo expensive, yeah right.

Anyway, there was a camera mode that when unlocked, it gave the 3d like effect when the idevice was shifted around. Kinda neat, but obviously abandoned by Zen.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I remember those apps too. That was back when we were dying for any pinball crumbs we could get.

Doesn't Gameprom have a similar effect too? It's been awhile since I played any Gameprom stuff, but I seem to recall that feature.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Is it wrong that I only watch The Price is Right to see the most gorgeous latina I have ever seen?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Don't get me started on weather girls. One local weather girl really knows how to put some serious stress on the fabric of her blouse.
I'm just waitin' for the day when a cameraman or co-host is critically injured by a button.
It'll be better than the SuperBowl.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
We adopted a a dog on Sunday. Our first family dog even though we've been a family for 25 years! Three year old lab and shar pei mix they said but I don't see the shar pei side. To me she looks like a small lab with pit bull ears. She was found abandoned in an empty house in Tennessee. She had had puppies recently but they were dead. She was in a high kill shelter in TN and from there volunteers at the no kill shelter that we adopted her from came and brought her up here to Illinois. She's still recovering from being spayed on Monday. She's really affectionate but we're still learning what she needs and she's still learning our routines. Wish she could talk! :D

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
more rain last night very rainy June in the top 10 wettest Junes wondering if this means a hotter or cooler summer then normal hmmmmmmm

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.