The Random Thought Thread

N

netizen

I am expecting two "major" events tonight in virtual pinball world. Both Zaccaria and TPA should have iOS updates rolling out. Problem on the TPA end: My CC expired and the replacement got lost in the mail. I am waiting for the 2nd replacement to be sent. Since the original card is dead i cannot transact anything through iTunes therefore i will be unable to purchase table pack 15 right away until the replacement arrives. There is a chance replacement may arrive today.

I bet you're kicking yourself for not getting the season 2 pass now

you could get as lucky as this guy

Zmoe2S2.gif

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I bet you're kicking yourself for not getting the season 2 pass now

you could get as lucky as this guy

Zmoe2S2.gif
well the card did arrive on friday and i was able to purchase the table pack. its too late to purchase a seaon pass now since they won't credit for what i purchased. Next time i will get the season pass .

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Yoshi - perhaps my favorite character to play as on most Mario games. (Which got me thinking: I wonder if he'll enjoy TPA?)

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The correct term for those that care is "I couldn't care less." or "I could not care less." It is NOT "I could care less." Because if you could care less then you would care less until you just couldn't care less!

Don't know what about this that gets me but it really drives me nuts! Another one is "first and foremost" but you don't see that too often.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Since we're talkin' proper usage...

"legos" is not a word. The plural of Lego is Lego, since "Lego" is the brand of building bricks. Therefore you should say "Lego bricks" to pluralize.

Yes, I read that many many years ago on the back of a Lego catalog that came with one of my sets, and have ever since only said "Lego". My wife, just to make me twitch, refuses to say anything but "legos" now.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Well, since we're talking about language, another entry in the "words that sound dirty but aren't" category:

titubant adj. - of or pertaining to a disturbance resulting in an uncertain gait and trembling.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Sexton - A sexton is a church, congregation, or synagogue officer charged with the maintenance of its buildings and/or the surrounding graveyard. In smaller places of worship, this office is often combined with that of verger.[1] In larger buildings, such as cathedrals, a team of sextons may be employed.

I worked as a Sexton's assistant in high school. One guy that I told that to asked me if that was the same as a "fluffer". :D

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
My son just recently got into Star Wars in a big way after watching the films with me.
So I decided to give him his inheritance early - my old toy box (my Mum is the hoarder).
This thing was in my Mum & Dads attic for 15 years. Then 10yrs in various houses of mine, and finally 5yrs in the roof of the garage in our current house so you can imagine the state.
Anyway - 3hrs of nostalgia, sat in the sun with a bucket of soapy water and several beers, and they've come up pretty good.
My lads happy anyway.
Thought I'd share the pics as it seems there are a few of us here who were children of the 80's. :)

yzabebyb.jpg

zyrujapy.jpg

vatybuvu.jpg

N

netizen

I remember the xmas my step dad told me he was going to get me an Millenium Falcon, but decided to get me some off brand electronics kit from the 60s at a good will instead. It was that year I got to learn about cocaine addiction, ahh the good old days.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I remember the xmas my step dad told me he was going to get me an Millenium Falcon, but decided to get me some off brand electronics kit from the 60s at a good will instead. It was that year I got to learn about cocaine addiction, ahh the good old days.

Bummer - sorry to hear that!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My son just recently got into Star Wars in a big way after watching the films with me.
So I decided to give him his inheritance early - my old toy box (my Mum is the hoarder).
This thing was in my Mum & Dads attic for 15 years. Then 10yrs in various houses of mine, and finally 5yrs in the roof of the garage in our current house so you can imagine the state.
Anyway - 3hrs of nostalgia, sat in the sun with a bucket of soapy water and several beers, and they've come up pretty good.
My lads happy anyway.
Thought I'd share the pics as it seems there are a few of us here who were children of the 80's. :)

yzabebyb.jpg

I just saw at Toys R Us a reproduction looking box of the Falcon, and they wanted over $200 for it!! I was always quite fond of that AT-ST, since you push the button to make the legs move. Way easier to play with than the AT-AT. Yep, some toys were worth holding onto for the sake of passing them down.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.