The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
fellas , i would love to see all of you jamming together , that would be unreal !!! i found a vid , which is new , but i had seen the original about over a year ago . how bloody cool is this , i was thinking of you Jeff!!!:cool:
:cool::cool::cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i thought the same , when they bring out one that can handle soft snow and soft beach sand as well will be tops .as it`s the start of the weekend , something to cheer everyone whose is having a crappy day .young Issy got me smiling from ear to ear :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
fellas , i would love to see all of you jamming together , that would be unreal !!! i found a vid , which is new , but i had seen the original about over a year ago . how bloody cool is this , i was thinking of you Jeff!!!:cool:
:cool::cool::cool:

It’s like moon lander! What a cool idea. Looks fast too.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
someone should show the orange man our beautiful new orange wall on the Coolangatta Tweed Heads border . making it hard for the locals . they are talking about moving the border 7 km down in NSW which would make it great for the locals and me .:cool:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
[MENTION=568]Kolchak357[/MENTION]

Here's a shot of her when she was younger. A lot more wear on her now

Last edited:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Wow, she is a beauty! Love that era Strat headstock too. Can’t worry about wear. That just means it’s well loved.

That Mark IV is sexy.

I too prefer the large headstock which I think ran from '65 to maybe into the early '80's and think Aztec Gold is one of the best Fender colors ever. But I'm not much of an official Reissue/Original guitar fan anymore since I remove all original hardware and put in staggered height locking Fender tuners, graphtec saddles/nut and new aftermarket pickups with liberator pots on all my Fender guitars along with a custom pickguard layout since I hate the standard placement of the volume knob. First thing I do with a Strat is yank that volume knob right off...

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Don’t know how to play it despite buying it back around 2000, but here’s my in no way classic Schecter!

View attachment 297

Schecter Diamond Series (that is an S-1 I think) is a fine guitar. I have a great friend that owns a guitar store in Colorado that hooked me up with a bunch of Schecter prototypes back in the mid-90's when they first started using World Musical Instruments (They also build PRS, ESP LTD and Dean guitars) to build what would become the Diamond Series line. And if you are looking for a one of kind instrument, their USA custom shop does some fantastic work with some crazy gorgeous woods. Here is an example... not my taste, but you get the idea of what is possible.

SUNSET_CUSTOM_II_BLUE_ORANGE_M191206_TILT1.png

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i watched a heart warming clip last night . it was on Crete where my father was born , his parents were refugees from Anatolia .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Leeds United are back in the EPL , i use to love them when i was a kid , Sprake , Reaney , Cooper, Hunter , Charlton , Madeley , Bremner , Giles , Lorimer , Jones , Clarke , Yorath , Gray and my fave big Joe Jordan and the Gaffer Don Revie :cool:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
That Mark IV is sexy.

I too prefer the large headstock which I think ran from '65 to maybe into the early '80's and think Aztec Gold is one of the best Fender colors ever. But I'm not much of an official Reissue/Original guitar fan anymore since I remove all original hardware and put in staggered height locking Fender tuners, graphtec saddles/nut and new aftermarket pickups with liberator pots on all my Fender guitars along with a custom pickguard layout since I hate the standard placement of the volume knob. First thing I do with a Strat is yank that volume knob right off...

Actually the reason I purchased both of those strats in vintage style is because I am even more vintage, LOL. I'm an old timer and have been playing since around 1957 or so... so I guess that's just kinda what fits me. I have a 1951 No Caster Tele that's bone stock. My jazz guitar teacher willed it to me because as a kid I was so taken by it and worked so earnestly at mastering the fretboard. Most of my guitars are bone stock, but I get those who like to make their guitar their own, too. I have loads of cheap, great sounding guitars too. If it feels and sounds good, I'm all for it!

I love the Mark IV, but to be truthful I only use it on venues where I need a lot of headroom. 99% of the time I'm using either the '58 Tweed Deluxe that I bought used a youngster or a mid 60's Princeton Reverb I bought new back then.

I love to play and collect guitars, some of my favorite are Gretsch guitars. It's like having more colors in your crayon set. It's all very nice.

The magic, as you well know, is in the fingers.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.