The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
looks good ZREXMike , tomorrow my time your thursday 23 , XBOX stream , i`m hoping for price and pre order for the new console .:cool: even winter you have to be careful :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Seems like everything in Australia bites or stings, and most of them will kill you. Snakes, spiders, jellyfish, drop bears, etc.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak you gotta be careful . when i use to do my bush walking i always came across snakes . most snakes were pythons , but i did come across red belly blacks , death adders and one tiger snake . never walk over piles of leaves and always walk around snakes . lucky i never had the fear of snakes . i had my cousin with me one time , it was the time when the young snakes were coming out , we came across about 5 young snakes that day . she got use to them by the end of the day .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks ZREXMike , both consloles are going to be a blast , i`m expecting both to come out by late october to early november . i watched the XBOX stream , looking good . they said Dirt 5 was going to 4k 120 frames , i`m use to most of my racing games at 30 frames , Horizon 4 i got 60 frames , i can just imagine how smooth it is going to be at 120 frames , i can`t wait . and they are going to upgrade Horizon 4 , it`s going to be another world . i`m hoping for a massive price war so we can be the winners with lower prices for the consoles .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
got my 1st walk in 3 days and still got caught in rain halfway through , lucky for my trusty umbrella in my backpack haha !!! a few clips to brighten us up , some new Dirt 5 , this is my game i can`t wait for, about anther 10 weeks , and a clip from Crete:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
on the clip above Philoxenia means helping a homeless stranger , inviting people you don`t know into your home , even smiling at a stranger in the street .now for the great stuff Dirt 5 :cool:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
There be Comet pics here!

I can't wait to retire so I can do more of my hobbies at the same time. So lately I was on a VR kick again so didn't pinball as much and my astronomy hobby was parked. Then Comet Neowise showed up and changed all of that.

For my astro photography, I need to do it from the backyard observatory (ie: the deck ;) ) so that I can work inside away from the bugs, controlling the two laptops I use, the scope, the dedicated astro camera, etc. Unfortunately, this comet is not visible from my backyard observatory so I've been going around the outskirts of my little town (a lot of farm land) with just a tripod, my Canon Rebel T2i and a telephoto lens. Experimenting with various exposure settings, ISO's, etc was a fun and learning experience. Here's some of the pics I took.

pgmdUR4.jpeg

4QL4Frl.jpeg

wAK17HY.jpeg

zHZ9lML.jpeg

Hnfl29Z.jpeg

xF5g1W0.jpeg

That also means VR and pinball took a backseat, because work as also been quite busy. Here's to Nov 27th when I hang up my work shoes and open up my life to a bit more fun times... that is until my wife starts getting me to do "projects" around the house :(

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great job loafer with the photos, you gotta keep the Darling happy , a few jobs will fine , i reckon you`ll have time for your hobbies . not long now , you can do what our school kids do here when they finish school , tie your shoes or boots together , and throw them over the electricity wires and see if you can get them dangling on the wires .:cool: juast hanging around for the EPL to start at 1-00am . as it`s the last round of the season all matches are played at the same time , 10 matches , it`s always fun every year .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
wilbers , we have no flights in or out of Australia , only Aussie citizens returning who have to go straight into hotel isolation at their expense for 2 weeks . it was paid by the government but a couple of weeks ago they stopped because , Aussies were told 4 months ago to get home straight away . since they didn`t come home straight away , now they cop the cost , pretty fair by most Aussies . i`m resting well today , ready for the final round of the EPL, after getting the date mixed up .:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Loaf, love the pics. Thanks for sharing those. I’m an astronomy nut myself. Don’t really dabble into astrophotography very often myself. Hope you will continue to share what you capture.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Thanks Kolchak, yeah been a passion of mine for a while. These comet pics are maybe the best comet pics I've taken but nowhere near the best pics I've taken of the night sky. Here are a few. Understand that ALL of these are taken with a decent scope but a very amateur camera and all in alt-azimuth so not very long exposures. With this in mind, I'm VERY happy of the pics I've taken and have a decent grasp of post processing now (well, thanks to Maxim DL's awesomeness)

cEgm0UF.jpg

zn0vZOC.jpg

eD0FCUA.jpg

9kThUgH.jpg

S6bDMjH.jpg

Y3y43Sc.jpg

Dkg2stJ.jpg

There are more at this gallery: https://imgur.com/gallery/9h7mvQ2

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Some of those are amazing for an alt-az mount, especially the Horse Head Neb. I assume you are staying under 30 second exposure then. You must be stacking like a mad man. What kind of scopes are you using?

I have an 8” sct, a 90mm mak, a cheap-o 90mm refractor, and PST solar scope. All my photography has been done with a cell phone. Lol

Last edited:

francisbaud

May 14, 2020
Thank you The loafer for sharing those gorgeous pictures. I haven't had the opportunity yet to watch the comet live so it's pretty cool to see it here!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.