The Simpsons Pinball Party Kickstarter [Speculation]

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Stern is not going to pony up a single cent for any table that isn't currently in production or looking at a re-release. You can be assured that Simpsons or any other older legacy table will not be done without a kickstarted or farsight putting down adequate money up front. I doubt most of their recent tables will even be covered by stern. Unless they build a third party digital re-creation clause into their licensing contract, just about every stern table will need farsight, and/or stern, negotiate new licensing and give money for those digital rights.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Stern is not going to pony up a single cent for any table that isn't currently in production or looking at a re-release. You can be assured that Simpsons or any other older legacy table will not be done without a kickstarted or farsight putting down adequate money up front. I doubt most of their recent tables will even be covered by stern. Unless they build a third party digital re-creation clause into their licensing contract, just about every stern table will need farsight, and/or stern, negotiate new licensing and give money for those digital rights.

I suppose that makes sense but it still sucks. That means there is a pretty good chance we don't see any Stern tables from 2006-2013ish.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I think given that Stern ONLY do licensed tables, there must be some kind of agreement that means the tables won't need a Kickstarter. Otherwise we'll be getting one for every table...

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Yeah there has to be something more to it. Otherwise the licensed tables are 80-90% of what's available. Can't have Kickstarters all of the time.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Why would Stern be out to promote pins they are no longer producing? I highly doubt they would reacquirie a license just to make a digital version. If we want TSPP, I'll bet we will need a Kickstarter.
The speculations on the blahcade podcast feel about right to me.

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Good question. Although Stern has said they enjoy the interest that is generated from having their tables available digitally and hope it would impact future sales.

I hope I am wrong but logically it seems like with Stern currently designing about 3 tables a year I would think that we would only be seeing recent tables on SPA as that would fit a release every four months or so. Hope I am wrong though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts