The Simpsons Pinball Party Kickstarter [Speculation]

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I think Simpsons would work well. Even though if prefer to see family guy table first I think Simpsons would be a great way of spreading the game to eventually get family guy and some other similar themed tables.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
As of September is TSPP still the most likely kickstarter table to be announced.
Has anything changed to say otherwise!

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
As of September is TSPP still the most likely kickstarter table to be announced.
Has anything changed to say otherwise!

I thought I had read that Fox and others were wanting some fairly high license fees...I don't know if that was referring to them doing standard tables or if it would affect a kickstarter. I would like to see TSPP....but who knows? If they were going to do one don't they usually announce in the fall time frame for a spring release?

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I thought I had read that Fox and others were wanting some fairly high license fees...I don't know if that was referring to them doing standard tables or if it would affect a kickstarter. I would like to see TSPP....but who knows? If they were going to do one don't they usually announce in the fall time frame for a spring release?

The consensus from the latest BlahCade discussion seemed to be that any of the Fox or Warner Bros (everyone already knows about Disney.....freaking Disney) properties would require a Kickstarter. So for Family Guy or TSPP this isn't a surprise. However something like Tales From the Crypt would probably require a Kickstarter as well.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I want TSPP really bad. Hopefully if there is a Kickstarter for it Farsight could secure the rights to both Simpsons' tables.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Well we had a kickstarter every year since 2012 hoping we see one this year aswell usually around the same time between July- Oct.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
The Simpsons Data East 1990.

image-11.jpg

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
You know if one wanted to read into things the news of the Stern Pinball Arcade and yet no kickstarter announcement for TSPP could mean good things for this table.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
You know if one wanted to read into things the news of the Stern Pinball Arcade and yet no kickstarter announcement for TSPP could mean good things for this table.

I really hope you are right.For me the number one stern table that I want created into digital form.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

I see it almost the opposite way. I think the new deal hurts future kickstarters. With new licensed pins being made, I fear we have seen our last Kickstarter. I also fear that Stern will not go back to get expired older licenses for older pins like TSPP for the new app.
I hope you are right though. TSPP would be great to have in a digital format as it is such a fun & deep pin. Plus everytime I find a real one the garage is usually broken.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I see it almost the opposite way. I think the new deal hurts future kickstarters. With new licensed pins being made, I fear we have seen our last Kickstarter.

In the last Twitchstream they alluded there was going to be another Kickstarter coming up soon but it was a bit too early to release details right then.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
In the last Twitchstream they alluded there was going to be another Kickstarter coming up soon but it was a bit too early to release details right then.

I hope it does happen. TSPP is a lot of fun and would have a lot of replay value. I'm chippin' in for sure.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015

Interesting. Well I suppose that answers the question of whether or not Stern would be helping with licensing on Whitestar tables. Maybe that was never a question. I sure hope we see SAM tables in Stern Pinball Arcade. It would be a shame if it's only Spike systems and doesn't cover any SAM tables.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
If it's only the Spike System then they'll probably end up running out of tables sooner or later. No doubt they'll cover the older ones too, TSPP and LOTR included.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
If it's only the Spike System then they'll probably end up running out of tables sooner or later. No doubt they'll cover the older ones too, TSPP and LOTR included.

That's assuming Stern will take care of the licensing costs. I'd imagine they've been including digital rights in their contract for their last few tables since this has been in the work, but not tables that are a decade old.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts