Tournament!!!

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Thanks for the info. :)

629 points with all eight tables and then Top 200, was reachable... because a lot of players don't dig into this tournament (or didn't have all tables).:p

God, i had all tables and all i could reach was 331.

I think the next torn should have some rules, like anybody whose PSN does not start with a F cant enter, you also have to live in the UK, have to have a scottish accent, have a aversion to regular excersise, but you will walk to the local bakers for cakes and sausage rolls.:p

Now i dont think i am asking too much from these rules to be implimented.:D

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I speak for this tournament, which was "friendly"! ^^

I can't check now we don't have access to leaderboards anymore, but I guess that a player can reach Top 200 with a score around 600-650 points. If you have all eights tournament tables, it requires around 75-80 points on each table.
But be ranked in Top #50 was more difficult, I'm agree.

Whatever, I bet that the next PSN tournament will have a lot higher level... Why? Because now, all players know there is something cool to win.:p

No matter how you slice it you still needed to be in the top 5% to be in that top 200. So for 5% of you that might seem easy. For the 95% of us that weren't in the top 200 it was difficult.

Heinz

Feb 17, 2013
I finished 53rd out of 4646 PSN players. I only played twice for a few hours, probably could have finished higher if I had more time! Waiting for my Rewards, and STNNG $100 backer code!
I finished in 5th place and I am pretty happy with that.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Yep. Moreover, if you have all tables of the tournament (not my case, I miss just one :( ), to be ranked in Top 200 and 100, was not very difficult.

But the funniest thing is that the 100th player have the same prize than the tournament winner! :p

I don't really mind having the same prize as the 100th honestly. It was to be expected and I played for fun anyway, not for the prizes. The PC version will very likely be out by the time they sort out the sony rewards anyway and I'll be very unlikely to ever play it on PSN again after that.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
No matter how you slice it you still needed to be in the top 5% to be in that top 200. So for 5% of you that might seem easy. For the 95% of us that weren't in the top 200 it was difficult.

I didn't say that was easy, but reachable.

On the 4646 PSN tournament players:

- How many didn't dig into the tournament? (as nobody knew if there was something to win, and some players don't compete just for fun :p )
- How many didn't have all tables ? (4 DLC needed)

And, for PS3 TPA players:
- How many weren't even aware there was a PSN tournament?

That's why the top 200 was "reachable". I'm pretty sure there won't be the case for the next tournament.^^

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I dunno, future tournaments will probably require owning more DLC. The earlier Android tournaments had more participation than their latest one did, I'm told. And in general, in games, you're pretty much on a downward trend after the first couple months.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I didn't say that was easy, but reachable.

to be ranked in Top 200 and 100, was not very difficult.

To say that something was not very difficult is the same as saying that it was easy. I don't even understand why you're arguing about this. Obviously it was difficult for me and many others or else we also would have finished in the top 200. I find it insulting that you keep saying that finishing in the top 5% was not difficult.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
To say that something was not very difficult is the same as saying that it was easy. I don't even understand why you're arguing about this. Obviously it was difficult for me and many others or else we also would have finished in the top 200. I find it insulting that you keep saying that finishing in the top 5% was not difficult.

I think there's a misunderstanding (maybe because my english?^^).

My goal is not to insulte anybody, it's just my feeling about this tournament. Compared to usual leaderboards (even without Mobiles scores), PSN tournament scores seems reachable (to me, with perseverance, luck, skill, or whatever), and rank in the top 5%, doable (as I finished #379), and I searched what could be the reason. So, I threw some ideas...

Whatever, I'm deeply sorry if my words have been insulting.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think there's a misunderstanding (maybe because my english?^^).

My goal is not to insulte anybody, it's just my feeling about this tournament. Compared to usual leaderboards (even without Mobiles scores), PSN tournament scores seems reachable (to me, with perseverance, luck, skill, or whatever), and rank in the top 5%, doable (as I finished #379), and I searched what could be the reason. So, I threw some ideas...

Whatever, I'm deeply sorry if my words have been insulting.

Fair enough. No lasting scars. :D

hexcrass

Jun 3, 2012
I don't know if it's doable, but I think that they should maybe hand out playstation trophies for the top 3-4 ranked in the tourney. With maybe even a platinum for #1.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I doubt they wiped out their own record of the standings, but from notes over on I think maybe the Android beta or the iOS thing or whatever it sounds like they're moving to a new tournament system, so it might stand to reason that if it's been at least partly put into this latest PS3 version, it no longer looks at the data from the previous tournament/system.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I was contacted today by pinball_arcade on PSN asking me about tournament prizes. I may have to email them to get them though because my TOUGE_KILLER account is maxed out and isnt the name my PS# is activated under, i responded to them with a reply message telling them Im SKILL_SHOT from this forum and gave them my account name my PS3 is activated under. I hope this isnt going to be a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts