Tournament!!!

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
No prices, it was just for honor.

I didn't play during the weekend and dropped out of the top 10. When I saw that everybody was so close I fired up Funhouse in the early morning, increased my score from 72M to 104M and finished on #10 just in time. :)

Congrats to JPelter and to you, SKILL_SHOT. Great performance!

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I think there are prizes. If you read their Facebook post from Thursday (the one where they announce Pinbot and Centaur), they say that they will announce what the prizes are after the tournament ends (which would be today). So stay posted...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I wound up coming in at #33

Was really hoping to get inside top 20, but just couldn't make it happen. I knew Big Shots would be my doom, same as Gorgar, but really surprised myself with my Black Hole positioning. Where I really needed to make up ground was in ToM and TOTAN, and I just couldn't seem to do it, which frustrated me to no end. I only got roughly 82 points for both those tables, and if I could have posted scores to push me into the 84 point column, I think the top 20 would have been doable.

Even still, that was fun! Now we also have a better clue as to what the install base is for PS3, and it's a lot more than I actually expected.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Maybe you didn't understand the joke.....PS3/Vita releases are always behind mobiles so why not expect word from FS after mobiles? :)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I wound up coming in at #33

Was really hoping to get inside top 20, but just couldn't make it happen. I knew Big Shots would be my doom, same as Gorgar, but really surprised myself with my Black Hole positioning. Where I really needed to make up ground was in ToM and TOTAN, and I just couldn't seem to do it, which frustrated me to no end. I only got roughly 82 points for both those tables, and if I could have posted scores to push me into the 84 point column, I think the top 20 would have been doable.

Even still, that was fun! Now we also have a better clue as to what the install base is for PS3, and it's a lot more than I actually expected.

There are still more variables than we can figure out. I would guess that the tournament participation level would be around 10 to 20%of the installed base but there's no way for us to know for sure. Then there's the multiple PS3 factor. Do you count the people who have it installed on two PS3 consoles with different user names as one or two installed units?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There are still more variables than we can figure out. I would guess that the tournament participation level would be around 10 to 20%of the installed base but there's no way for us to know for sure. Then there's the multiple PS3 factor. Do you count the people who have it installed on two PS3 consoles with different user names as one or two installed units?

2 units, as that was 2 sales, right?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I ended up at 66th! \\m//^_^\\m//

Jpelter crushed! It's too bad we can't go in and see the final standings for the individual tables--does anyone know if he managed to hold off Squid for top spot on Ripley's?

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I did fairly well considering I dont have the CV, FH pack. if I add 80 points to m final total (I scored over 80 points on each table) I end up with a top 70 score.
congrats to all.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
2 units, as that was 2 sales, right?

One sale, twice installed. You can install a PSN game on two concurrent PS3 consoles. One goes on the PS3 in my living room and one goes on my PS3 that my daughter uses. She logs into hers with her own PSN name. Not sure if she played the tournament because it fell during finals but if she had that would be two screen names in the tournament but only one sale of the main game and each DLC.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I was rank 77th on wednesday I think, but since I opted for a weekend in Paris instead of competing in the tournament I ended up on 202 place when I checked today :D
Was great fun, hope to see more tournaments soon! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts