TPA on the PS4 - First Impressions

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Well, each table is different because the table lights are arranged differently. CV has a kinda similar big darkish central area. It isn't as pronounced on most of the other tables.

Warped Trekker

Dec 26, 2013
It would be nice if they added the reflective top glass. And an option to turn it off. Real machines have tons of light reflections. Wish the cabinets and some of the other artwork was higher quality, especially on ps4. Seems like they just reused the textures from ps3 xbox 360 versions.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
So far a lot of tables look good in the dark, but yeah, some don't and I set it back to natural, like MM and CV.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I liked the glass, but the cabinet would need re designing as many tables have playfield items and toys that are higher than the cabinet sides and would therefore stick out 'through' the glass.

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
I found a couple of good quality videos on YouTube showing the PS4 dark light setting. It really looks good and I look forward to seeing it in the PC version. Did anyone ever work/find out what the strange dark circular shadow is in the middle of the playfield? It really shows in the MM video below. It can't be normal as none of the other lights are reflecting in that area. I hope FS fix won't be to just lighten up the setting as that would be a shame.
MM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw8Dnlw77mc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
CV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K54xphzBzmY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Amazing, but I can hardly see the ball in CV! I think I'd have to play it under the normal light setting.

joseph5185

Nov 8, 2013
If you quit TPA and start it again, nudge might work--did for me. Not sure what caused it to stop working.

Just finished first game of Bride, seemed to play and sound just fine, got to the Billionaire's Club for the first time in ages, in fact.

I was able to get into the "Billionaire's Club" as well by simply getting lucky and hitting 1 Billion on the big wheel... =P

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
What is the flipper glitch, exactly? All I see is it looks like the player is holding the buttons down keeping flippers up.

It's hard to see because of the speed and the dark ambiance, but the ball goes through the left flipper.

Look continually under the left flipper, and right at 3mn36s, the ball will appear magically (uh uh) without coming from a drain.

PS: I like how the ball size changes (huge near the flippers, tynier on the upper part of the table). It's exclusive to PS4 and PC versions, I think (much less marked on PS3)

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It's hard to see because of the speed and the dark ambiance, but the ball goes through the left flipper.

Look continually under the left flipper, and right at 3mn36s, the ball will appear magically (uh uh) without coming from a drain.

It's the old ball-pushed-through-flippers-by-another-ball thing, not gonna change until they change how their basic flipper physics work.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Got the opportunity to play CV in GAME over the holidays, looks fantastic but its still got floaty physics like on the mobile devices.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I don't think I ever noticed how the top part of the little round plate on the player's end of the plunger on Black Hole is bent back a little. : o

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I noticed that MM still has the issues with the flippers too (asymmetrical alignment and misplaced pivot points).

Why has this sort of thing not been fixed? Also applies to Gorgar.

happytm03

Nov 12, 2013
TAP is the best in PS.
I finally got hold of the ps and so glad I did. The only reason is TAP and it is worth it!
I play TAP on IOS, Kindle HDX, PC, PS3 and PS4 is the best looking of them all!

Thanks Far sight Studios, great job!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts