TPA PS4 US launch countdown!

Vince

Nov 7, 2013
Yeah, and 12 copies are currently available through Amazon in the link at the top of that thread (okay this link). They've surprised us with a disc-based US version, published by "Alliance Digital Media." $44.99 for that one on Amazon (sold by Amazon through a third party store).

rutk.jpg

My PS4 is gonna stay strictly download-only, though, so I'll keep holding out for the PSN version. Maybe I'll just keep trolling the PS streaming interface looking for someone streaming the disc-based version...

I posted a link that showed it was available at the end of January in the UK, but it seems it's out now if you know where to buy it. Here's proof of the actual release:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/12/11/5992616/alliance-digital-media-announces.html

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Huh, that press includes Data East and Sega among the list of manufacturers whose tables the game supposedly includes; it also has "Hall of Fame Score" as one of the bullet points--that's something the PS3 version doesn't have.

Vince

Nov 7, 2013
I think some may be confused about what is being released. On this UK store page ( I think this must be the same disk you can buy on Amazon now) it clearly states that 29 tables will be on the disk.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/249692.htm

Later Edit: I had a play with an Amazon order for this from a UK company. It said the estimated dispatch was tomorrow, but the estimated arrival was the 24th! I think that I too will wait for the digital download to appear.

Last edited:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Ahh. Yes. The days of digital and we get a physical release first. Nice.

If I order it on Amazon I can get it by the 17th. I hope it will be available to download on the 17th if not earlier.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I know Argos have a massive high street presence in the UK high street and out of town shopping centres so if they are stocking it is great news for PA. Most people living in UK will have one of their take home 1000+ page ctalogues so it will get huge exposure for at least 4 months probably longer.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
From what I've gathered is that the PS4 version of TPA was delayed because of the discount. Also, that buying it via PSN is the only way to get that discount. After all this waiting, I want my discount. I'll wait for the digital version to pop up on PSN.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I just checked Argos and they say preorder for 31st January release. Probably inaccurate information though.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think some may be confused about what is being released. On this UK store page ( I think this must be the same disk you can buy on Amazon now) it clearly states that 29 tables will be on the disk.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/249692.htm

Later Edit: I had a play with an Amazon order for this from a UK company. It said the estimated dispatch was tomorrow, but the estimated arrival was the 24th! I think that I too will wait for the digital download to appear.

I have a feeling that 29 tables is wrong. I think they probably cut and pasted that from a planned PS3 disc because FarSight has said that they have only prepared season one for the PS4. They said they wouldn't have season two ready for the PS4 until end of first quarter of 2014 at the earliest.

Vince

Nov 7, 2013
I have a feeling that 29 tables is wrong. I think they probably cut and pasted that from a planned PS3 disc because FarSight has said that they have only prepared season one for the PS4. They said they wouldn't have season two ready for the PS4 until end of first quarter of 2014 at the earliest.

I think you must be right. On the publisher (System 3) site it says 22 tables:

http://www.system3.com/putty-squad-...ivers-10-of-the-playstation-4-launch-line-up/

It would be too strange for the disk to have more tables than the PSN I guess.

Joz

Sep 27, 2013
I like that it's available on disc. I could see at some point in the future after PS4 is done, something silly happening if your PS4 dies and the game is gone from your account, or you didn't renew your membership and it's not in the store anymore, FS out of business (god forbid!), or something. Annoying crap of some fashion like that tends to happen. So having a physical version available of it is a nice backup.

I'm actually kind of worried about some aspects of this in-the-cloud-only future for games/software. We are no longer responsible for taking care of/worrying about our games... which translates to: we the company will take care of what you paid for, trust us! ....it's in the End User License page 19 sec 6, you're safe, it clearly says we are obligated to keep the software on your account for a only 10 years, ok!? Errrr....

Time-based licensing + cloud storage + out-of-business publishers... hmmmm. People yielding even more control.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
According to a user posting on TPA's Facebook page, the latest Episode 101 of the PlayStation Blogcast says that PS4 TPA is "most likely" coming to PSN this coming Tuesday, the 17th. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but supposedly its mentioned in there somewhere.

EDIT: Ah, they start talking about it at ~ the 13:00 mark.

They talk about The Pinball Arcade on the PS4 for roughly 3 minutes beginning at 12:55.

Vince

Nov 7, 2013
According to a user posting on TPA's Facebook page, the latest Episode 101 of the PlayStation Blogcast says that PS4 TPA is "most likely" coming to PSN this coming Tuesday, the 17th. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but supposedly it's mentioned in there somewhere.

EDIT: Ah, they start talking about it at ~ the 13:00 mark.

I'll wait until I see it drop before I believe it. I recall the same kind of talk about the Steam release, and also the same reason given for the unknown date and repeated delays: it was all Steams fault for messing FS about with respect to the pricing...just like this time, but now it's Sony's fault.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
That would be awesome if they released it on the same day as Zen. Talk about pinball competition and ALL win for most of us. I know some of you guys don't like Zen and just prefer TPA. That's fine and dandy. I'm going for BOTH. Zen is free anyway since I already have all the tables released for it. Same thing with FarSight (having all the tables to date), except I pay this time, but I will GLADLY pay for it.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'll wait until I see it drop before I believe it. I recall the same kind of talk about the Steam release, and also the same reason given for the unknown date and repeated delays: it was all Steams fault for messing FS about with respect to the pricing...just like this time, but now it's Sony's fault.

Yeah, FarSight could really use a guy who wears a suit sometimes and calls himself a "producer" and spends his time making sure annoying little details like this are all squared away well in advance!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts