TPA PS4 US launch countdown!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
FarSight seems pretty sure that its coming out on Tuesday. It is the first announcement for their 12 Days of Christmas.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah, let's hope they're right this time! : D From their Facebook announcement:

The Pinball Arcade Great PS4 news for the first day of Christmas! The digital version will be available for download on PSN Dec. 17th in north America and 18th for SCEE regions. The retail PS4 version of pinball arcade is available online now at Amazon http://tinyurl.com/jvzqacx and will soon be on shelves at Gamestop, Toys 'R' Us and other retailers in North America!

an ox

May 28, 2012
apparently it has been spotted in the wild:

f5zGVRd.jpg

Not my pic, that came from the SA forum. I did look for it yesterday in town but nothing. Anyway I'll probably buy it on download as I don't want to be arsed swapping discs every time I want a game of pinball.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Oh dear, from US blog:
The Game is not going to be cross-buy. All the trophies are specific to the platform. This is good news to a lot of people that really like to rack up those trophies.

This is going to SUCK!

I don't mind not getting the tables on PS3, but the main reason I was willing to buy every table for this game so far was because I could play it on Vita AND PS3, I expected to continue on Vita and PS4. I'm not sure I will bother buying season 3 if this is true, I play the game more on Vita than PS3 and while that may change on PS4, I do have a backlog of tables I hardly played now.

That said, season 3 is so far in the distance on PS4 I suspected there would be a problem. But at least for new users buying it for the first time on PS4 it seems silly for them to be penalised by not getting cross-buy with Vita.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The PS4 version is definitely *not* cross-buy with Vita, they'be been saying that for quite some time now in their Facebook comments.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Ooh! As pointed out by a keen-eyed reader on Facebook, the terms of the 50% discount on the Season One table packs for the PS4 version has changed! Whereas originally they were saying you only needed to own four of the Season One tables on PS3/Vita to get the discount, according to the last paragraph of that blog article, you now have to own "all" of the Season One tables on PS3/Vita in order to qualify for the discount. : P

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
I like that it's available on disc. I could see at some point in the future after PS4 is done, something silly happening if your PS4 dies and the game is gone from your account, or you didn't renew your membership and it's not in the store anymore, FS out of business (god forbid!), or something. Annoying crap of some fashion like that tends to happen. So having a physical version available of it is a nice backup.

I'm actually kind of worried about some aspects of this in-the-cloud-only future for games/software. We are no longer responsible for taking care of/worrying about our games... which translates to: we the company will take care of what you paid for, trust us! ....it's in the End User License page 19 sec 6, you're safe, it clearly says we are obligated to keep the software on your account for a only 10 years, ok!? Errrr....

Time-based licensing + cloud storage + out-of-business publishers... hmmmm. People yielding even more control.

I'm totally new to ps4. Does it allow a game disc to be copied to the ps4 hdd? If so, must the disc then be present to play the game?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I'm totally new to ps4. Does it allow a game disc to be copied to the ps4 hdd? If so, must the disc then be present to play the game?

My understanding is that you can copy the game to the HDD to speed up access but you still gotta have the disc in the drive to play.

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
All PS4 disc-based games perform a full install to the HDD automatically when first inserted into the system. The size of the games + large amount of system ram are too much for the speed of blu-ray drives to stream data effectively. So far, all games do require the disc to still be in the drive when playing. If you launch a game without the disc in, it will ask for the disc to be inserted.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I agree Tabe that was rather sportsmanly/business savy. If you OWN or BUY ZEN chances are you'll buy TPA! :) good show chaps! :p Although I am now dubbing BK as the TIGER WOODS of pinball he may as well be a system 80 :p

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Nah. Waiting it out. Will buy the disc when it is on sale for $10 or $20. Waiting on the playstation store to update. Already checked a few times. Should happen within a few hours I guess.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Hasn't happened yet. Cool though I can now check from work and if it comes up, I can buy it and have it already downloaded when I get home.

Maybe I'll be able to do that just before leaving today.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts