TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
If someone is looking at their website, sees the xbox 360 and wii icons, clicks on them and ends up buying them but they are not available, that is dishonest. If they keep the icons up just for show, that isn't dishonest, that's laziness on their part or could be seen as either available someday in the future (AKA The Duke Nukem effect ;)).

I agree.

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Exactly. It'd be less bothersome if they'd just announce they are done with certain platforms. Remove 360 from their website. Stop the lies.

Blunt Fish Games

Apr 7, 2012
I backed all the Pinball Arcade kickstarters, and I've bought every table that was released for the 360 so long ago.

The Pinball Arcade we're getting very close to the re-release, the painfully long wait is almost over, sorry for the delay.

Sorry, I just don't buy this.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Exactly. It'd be less bothersome if they'd just announce they are done with certain platforms. Remove 360 from their website. Stop the lies.

Welcome to the boards. A little advice to you: I have mentioned that very point (also regarding the WiiU logo on that banner). A small number of others have also made reference. FarSight is not going to remove those logos anytime soon. Like you, I wish they would either do that, or at least give us a clue as to when TPA will be available for either console.
It's always your right to vent, as I have done at length. After all, FarSight has advertised these logos since TPA was announced in late 2011.

Now under the circumstances of the 360, TPA has been tied up legally (and apparently still is). The last evidence of the WiiU version was a short ToM video in Dec 2012. I'm with you that FarSight should (A) release it or (B) cancel it for either platform. Three years of teasing is more than enough.

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
...Now under the circumstances of the 360, TPA has been tied up legally (and apparently still is). The last evidence of the WiiU version was a short ToM video in Dec 2012. I'm with you that FarSight should (A) release it or (B) cancel it for either platform. Three years of teasing is more than enough.

The last legal news I'm aware of was that companies are able to self publish on XBL. Does the Farsight track record have the credibility to speculate they're 'legally tied up'? Or do you refer to a recent explanation?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The last legal news I'm aware of was that companies are able to self publish on XBL. Does the Farsight track record have the credibility to speculate they're 'legally tied up'? Or do you refer to a recent explanation?

Companies can self-publish on XBL for XONE titles only, which is what FS are doing for the XONE version of TPA (hence its availability).
M$ don't allow self-publishing for X360 titles, hence the legal entanglement.

Basically it's all M$ trying to push indie development off of X360 platform and onto XONE.

Also, the WiiU demo can't have been from December 2012, or I highly doubt it, since the WiiU was only launched in November 2012. December 2013 is when the "12 Days Of Xmas" list came out that included a demo of the WiiU version; that makes it just over a year, not 3 years.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Farsight just hates 360 users. They could make it, but they just don't want to. If they really wanted to, it would be out by now.

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
If we get to March with neither the game nor a firm release date, just more "close... soon", I think even I am going to give up. By that point I'll have waited almost as long for new tables as it took the western allies to go from invading Africa to the fall of Hitler.

I think that's patience enough. I seem to have grossly underestimated the time necessary for "final polishing". The sad thing is that it shows just how loyal Farsight's fanbase can be, willing to wait so long. I fear this goodwill is being squandered in quantity.

Carpy

May 7, 2012
I've kept quiet for long enough as well now, I've watched my kids grow up in the time it's taken to get any new tables.
I've backed all the kick starters with my chosen platform as the XBOX and I've had nothing, THIS IS NOT ON FAIRSIGHT.
Fair enough when you had problems with the publishers, we all patiently waited for the situation to get sorted, but it was sorted long ago and all you do now is feed us bull**** about it won't be long.
Well how about giving me back my money I backed you with for the kickstarter.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I've kept quiet for long enough as well now, I've watched my kids grow up in the time it's taken to get any new tables.
I've backed all the kick starters with my chosen platform as the XBOX and I've had nothing, THIS IS NOT ON FAIRSIGHT.
Fair enough when you had problems with the publishers, we all patiently waited for the situation to get sorted, but it was sorted long ago and all you do now is feed us bull**** about it won't be long.
Well how about giving me back my money I backed you with for the kickstarter.

That's not how kickstarter works.

They will also let you change your platform if you so choose to as well.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

It's pure sarcastic venting/speculation. To set the record straight, the Xbox 360 version is tied up in ???????

My apologies to anyone I've misled. FarSight really doesn't need my help in that department.

Carpy

May 7, 2012
That's not how kickstarter works.

They will also let you change your platform if you so choose to as well.

Thanks for the info, I know that's not how kickstarter works.
I just believe it's about time FAIRSIGHT done the decent thing and got the game out there.
When they had the problem with the publishing they kept telling us everything was ready to go but their hands were tied with the court procedure.
Well that's been sorted well over a year ago now, so why lie to us in the first place, obviously everything wasn't ready to go.
Also, I have no other platform to choose from.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Also, the WiiU demo can't have been from December 2012, or I highly doubt it, since the WiiU was only launched in November 2012. December 2013 is when the "12 Days Of Xmas" list came out that included a demo of the WiiU version; that makes it just over a year, not 3 years.
It was published on December 30, 2012 on TPA's official Youtube channel.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I would so love to see that with a Vita and PS4. It's called Second Screen, and FS just needs to get on it!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
its called SmartGlass on the Xbox too.

Is SmartGlass able to display graphical output like that?
I remember trying it a while back and found it to be kind of a let down. No more functional than the remote control app for my AV Receiver

KingNeptune

Feb 8, 2013
Is SmartGlass able to display graphical output like that?

Yes - for instance using SmartGlass with Plants VS Zombies you can play along with the primary player using "God Mode" which is quite nice.
Obviously the developer has to build a special UI for SmartGlass - a lot of them haven't

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Some bull****!
At least Zen will get my money in a few days. How the hell is it they can get us tables on the 360 and not fking Farsight???

Guess who is their publisher on the 360....... Microsoft Studios. And I'm just learning that Pinball fx has bugs, too. So their game isn't completely fixed, but with MS as the publisher, these problems are overlookked and the game is fast-tracked to the marketplace, complete with ad space on the dashboard.

Farsight is getting blocked at the velvet rope and being denied entry into the 360's marketplace, thus disappointing a lot of pinball fans.

Safe to say this sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.