TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I was out of the office yesterday, so I wasn't here to answer what was going on.

Essentially the content has been released, but the title update which allows you to play it hasn't. That should be resolved shortly, and we'll let you know when it's out.

I was hoping the DLC wouldn't go out until the title update

So that would explain after the title update (ran 10 min ago) it's still got the first GUI.

It looks like the DLC was hapazardly slapped into the marketplace. Seriously, it's a disorganized mess.

But still it looks like the wait is nearly over for 360 supporters and I hope that TPA does well on the 360. I cannot support it until I get some of my bills paid down. Besides, I've still got the PC version until then. I'll be watching this version, as it was the first platform I played TPA on.

Again, thanks Mike. We appreciate the hard work!

Frito

Jan 21, 2015
Chances are this little snafu will be ironed out real soon. I know you're unable to play The Addams Family, but hang on, things will be fixed.....

Hehe am doing OK, so pleased that they've put this onto the 360, I really don't want one of the next gen consoles as it stands, my 360 has enough on it. Should be simple enough for them to sort this out.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
It would be so funny if MS said, "yeah we got this like a year ago and finally just got around to releasing it."

Slayinit

Jan 7, 2015
So I downloaded the Genie/Mars Attacks pack. I wasn't about to jump in on a full season just yet. And I'm glad I didn't. 5 bucks later & several re-downloads the new tables still can't be played. If I try to play the two new tables directly, the 360 tells me to play from them from the full game...but they aren't available.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I was out of the office yesterday, so I wasn't here to answer what was going on.

Essentially the content has been released, but the title update which allows you to play it hasn't. That should be resolved shortly, and we'll let you know when it's out.

I was hoping the DLC wouldn't go out until the title update
I'm just going to put this here as a reminder....

Jan 6, 2013
Well i wonder how long this update will take.....Now us 360 guys are going threw show and tell,,,, you can see the game.......... and you can even BUY the game.....BUT you just cant play the game REALLY F.S and s3 is listed as s2 ..why is everything always such a f-in mess with you guys . I really did not want to post any negative or nasty things on here but due to i just spent about 80. dollars on something that i cant use well i will just stop here

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
I wonder how long "shortly" will be. I'm trying not to be negative either, Crypty, but the only difference between three days ago and now is that Farsight has $100 fresh of my money and I still ain't got jack.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
It looks like a half-assed release. The title update and the trial version of the game and packs are missing. Or was there never a trial version?

I really hope this gets fixed asap.

Frito

Jan 21, 2015
Would be very grateful if somebody could PM me when there is news as to when the update will be applied to 360? As i have spent so much money I can't give it too much time before I will have to start asking for a refund from Microsoft

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
Pretty sure xbox live purchases are non-refundable. Not sure in this case, since I didn't look when I paid for the new packs, but pretty much everything else I've ever bought off the xbox marketplace specifically says non-refundable purchase before you click confirm.

Just checked this out with TAF, and it says in the righthand grey area of the confirm purchase screen, right at the top of the description: (No Refunds)

Money's gone, dude. Now we just sit and wait for it to... eventually... be playable. Only the fact I'm already paid in keeps me on board. But this was pretty much the last straw of aggravation and disappointment for me. I should have known better and had sense enough to wait and verify. Now I do, and won't be foolish enough to have faith again.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Well i wonder how long this update will take.....Now us 360 guys are going threw show and tell,,,, you can see the game.......... and you can even BUY the game.....BUT you just cant play the game REALLY F.S and s3 is listed as s2 ..why is everything always such a f-in mess with you guys . I really did not want to post any negative or nasty things on here but due to i just spent about 80. dollars on something that i cant use well i will just stop here

Each piece of content has a listing in place. The listing tells the xbox what icons to show, backgrounds, text, etc. There are 8 strings for the title in the listing, and 5 languages. That's 40 strings of text I have to change for each DLC. I had to do these listings (or redo them for content that already existed) for 48 pieces of content. That's 1920 strings of text I had to change or write. And there is one mistake in all of that.

I had to set a date for release for the content, I choose 5/5 (I assumed it had to be a Tuesday) hoping that everything would release that day. The title update didn't. That's beyond my control. We're working on it and hope to have it out this week.

Sorry you purchased content you can't play yet, but you will be able to play it in the next few days.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Each piece of content has a listing in place. The listing tells the xbox what icons to show, backgrounds, text, etc. There are 8 strings for the title in the listing, and 5 languages. That's 40 strings of text I have to change for each DLC. I had to do these listings (or redo them for content that already existed) for 48 pieces of content. That's 1920 strings of text I had to change or write. And there is one mistake in all of that.

I had to set a date for release for the content, I choose 5/5 (I assumed it had to be a Tuesday) hoping that everything would release that day. The title update didn't. That's beyond my control. We're working on it and hope to have it out this week.

Sorry you purchased content you can't play yet, but you will be able to play it in the next few days.

I am far from a computer-whiz, but I did have an idea that there is/was a mis-connection between the current TPA and the new DLC. Hopefully, it will be quickly resolved and we 360 folks can get down to playing TPA.

Thanks a lot Mike (and Company), we GREATLY appreciate it!!!

Jan 6, 2013

It's ok Mike i am not a computer teck but i know that was a lot of content for one release we can wait and thanks for bringing the 360 back and responding to us .But are you aware that s3 is listed as s2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.