TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2014
I'm waiting to see what the community does with the game on PC.

If PC starts getting better quality textures, particularly on the backglasses, and higher res textures that are more accurate to the real tables, I'll get a steam box later this year and make that my main version.

I wonder if the community can also fix bugs? Or adding rom emulation to the older 80s tables that don't have it? Or animating Black Holes backglass? I have faith Farsight will do the right thing and address this stuff themselves, but worse case, I wonder if the community on PC will make this stuff happen in case Farsight doesn't...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm waiting to see what the community does with the game on PC.

If PC starts getting better quality textures, particularly on the backglasses, and higher res textures that are more accurate to the real tables, I'll get a steam box later this year and make that my main version.

I wonder if the community can also fix bugs? Or adding rom emulation to the older 80s tables that don't have it? Or animating Black Holes backglass? I have faith Farsight will do the right thing and address this stuff themselves, but worse case, I wonder if the community on PC will make this stuff happen in case Farsight doesn't...

I thought Steam games were locked down from being altered. I thought that was part of the point of Steam.

KaneRobot

Jun 7, 2013
Well, glad to see it getting resolved finally, but my excitement will likely be short lived if they get all their content up to date and there's no deal in place for people to catch up on tables that already bought everything the first time it was on 360. I know the season passes come with a built-in discount, but that doesn't really do much to make me happy if I'm essentially buying tables twice.

I'm definitely not interested in starting from scratch again on the Xbone. If there was a way to do the BF4/Ghosts buy it on one platform/have it on both deal I might be interested, but I dunno if that kind of stuff is only permitted for the zillion dollar publishers or whatever.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I thought Steam games were locked down from being altered. I thought that was part of the point of Steam.
Depends on the game. Oblivion will happily let you mod/outright replace the game executable with nary a complaint. Other games puke if you so much as change one byte in a resource file.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
If you have a PC, there's no need to mess with the console versions at all.

You get dlc the day it's released, controller support, it's the definitive version once it gets the ps4 lighting patch.

That said, 360 is also a great platform for the game . The game looks great, soon it'll have nearly all the tables, only missing Junk Yard and High Speed. The graphics look nice on 360, almost matching current PC. There's no input lag. It's a great version.

I'll be playing on both 360 and ps4. I don't mind paying for the game on multiple platforms, I own it all on my iPhone , ps4, and soon 360.

Waitaminnite....did you just...yes, you did. Dammit...

Pinhead45

Dec 30, 2012
If you have a PC, there's no need to mess with the console versions at all.

You get dlc the day it's released, controller support, it's the definitive version once it gets the ps4 lighting patch.

That said, 360 is also a great platform for the game . The game looks great, soon it'll have nearly all the tables, only missing Junk Yard and High Speed. The graphics look nice on 360, almost matching current PC. There's no input lag. It's a great version.

I'll be playing on both 360 and ps4. I don't mind paying for the game on multiple platforms, I own it all on my iPhone , ps4, and soon 360.

Then you will be missing all the aspects of the different versions of the game. PC is good, but you can't play in 3D, like on the PS3, which looks great btw, and you can't experiment with the lighting like on the PS4. Now in the future, you won't be able to play on a cab unless you buy PC, which is also a valuable asset. I don't know if this is a marketing ploy, but if it is it's smart. This gets you to buy on all platforms.

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
I am looking forward to getting back to this, but I am planning to do it on Xbox One.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'm contemplating returning to the 360 version. This will depend on how much DLC we end up getting. The PS4 version has become FarSight's latest fumble.
I will admit, it looks quite washed-out compared to the PS4 version, (compared first 10 tables on both last weekend) but it plays and sounds better, with fewer obvious bugs. Plus Microsoft now seems to have the 1-up on DLC releases for it.

Also, I can't afford an Xbox One-especially since getting my PS4. Here's to buyer's remorse LOL!

Last edited:

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
I'm contemplating returning to the 360 version. This will depend on how much DLC we end up getting. The PS4 version has become FarSight's latest fumble.
I will admit, it looks quite washed-out compared to the PS4 version, (compared first 10 tables on both last weekend) but it plays and sounds better, with fewer obvious bugs. Plus Microsoft now seems to have the 1-up on DLC releases for it.

Also, I can't afford an Xbox One-especially since getting my PS4. Here's to buyer's remorse LOL!

Thanks for the info. I felt the PC versions, on my weak hardware, weren't better than the xbox version either. At least they weren't as responsive. Titles will flow to the ps4 and xb1 soon enough.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

How much DLC you'll get? You can't get more than all. The 360 is the development platform.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
...which last saw DLC in September 2012, so pardon my skepticism. Or don't....

What difference does it make when the last DLC was? Mike Reitmeyer last confirmed that he was still developing on the 360 in late 2013. There's no reason to think that anything has changed since then.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
What difference does it make when the last DLC was? Mike Reitmeyer last confirmed that he was still developing on the 360 in late 2013. There's no reason to think that anything has changed since then.

I'm pretty sure he also said that as of season 3 they were using PC as their main dev platform. Don't quote me on this as I'm just going by memory and don't feel like backing up any claims at the moment.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm pretty sure he also said that as of season 3 they were using PC as their main dev platform. Don't quote me on this as I'm just going by memory and don't feel like backing up any claims at the moment.

That could be true. I'm not doubting that. But considering that season three just started for the consoles that means that at best they would be two tables behind for the 360, it shouldn't take them long to port those two over from the PC. In the long history of the 360 issues I think this should be the least of the worries.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
From the newsletter...
y5u4anyb.jpg

"All of the releases up to date".
I'd personally read that as all tables upto and including High Speed + all bug fixes.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Do you still have your 360?

Yeah - but my son has claimed it as his own for Disney Infinity now. :)

I tried TPA on it again when the newsletter hit, just to see what it was like again after not using it for 12 months.
I prefer portrait personally, and the difficulty seems ridiculously easy compared to mobile, so I'll stick with Android now I think.
Might be tempted if Farsight do a really good catch up offer, but it would have to be very good.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Yeah it was already in submission before High Speed came out.

Can't complain... It could drop any time now, and everything up to Who Dunnit? That's huge, and will put it ahead of all the consoles instantly.

360 owners will be up to thier neck in pinball so I think having to wait for High Speed and Junk Yard won't be a big deal at all. In fact it gives some players who've been stranded a chance to catch up with everything.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yeah it was already in submission before High Speed came out.

Can't complain... It could drop any time now, and everything up to Who Dunnit? That's huge, and will put it ahead of all the consoles instantly.

360 owners will be up to thier neck in pinball so I think having to wait for High Speed and Junk Yard won't be a big deal at all. In fact it gives some players who've been stranded a chance to catch up with everything.

With the PS4 version having pretty much fizzled, this could bring me back to my 360.

Not a big deal with me, but I wonder how the achievements will shape out.
Personally, I think 20g for all standard goals and 30g for all wizard goals per table could work.
Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.