Trophies - what's your take?

what feels do you get from the end of trophies?

• feels bad man, but I'll still buy the packs...

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • feels bad.. might hold off on packs until ps4

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • no trophies, no buy!

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Meh.. Whatever, it sucks but who cares?

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • There were trophies?

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
how you guys feel about not having any more trophies? I am kinda bummed especially with Flight 2k being just on the cusp of release... but I need my F2K, man.. I don't know what to do.

Call me Natalia Imbruglia 'cause I'm...

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Like I said before, I'm a bit bummed if the trophy situation is true....but I'm still supporting FarSight. Trophies/achievements don't stop me from getting great games. It just adds that extra replay value flavor.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
It blows, but I'll still buy the packs. The only game that I really focus on getting the trophies on is Zen Pinball.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
There will be still in-game wizard goals (which add replay value... who said Genie? :p).

So, I don't care if there's no more trophies.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Add tables..... phooey on trophies
Sony...
No updating DLC strike one
Stupid arbitrary trophy limit with insane publish cost strike two

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
I enjoy getting trophies, but I also enjoy playing pinball. So I'll still get the packs, but it does suck there won't be any more trophies... it's nice to show off that you've completed the goals.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
I enjoy getting trophies, but I also enjoy playing pinball. So I'll still get the packs, but it does suck there won't be any more trophies... it's nice to show off that you've completed the goals.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well. I dont play my games just for trophies, but i like to get as much of them as i can in any game i play. I have season 2 pass so it doesnt matter anyway. I will say though that if season 3 rolls out on ps3 with no trophies, which it probably wont have unless sony lifts it's trophy point limit, then ill really have no reason to buy them for ps3 & ill just move on to ps4 version after i 100% the ps3 vers. :p *cough* :rolleyes:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Without them trophies, it's gonna be harder to impress the ladies. Puleeze. I don't give a flying frick.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I guess I'm weird in that I play pinball because I like pinball. If you come across a table in real life, do you not play it because you won't get a virtual pat on the head?

RJB

May 1, 2013
Not really an answer for me in the OP's poll, my answer is:

- Gutted about loss of trophies, I really enjoy the rewarding feel of earning them in TPA especially when you get the trophies for finishing all wizard goals for each table, I will really miss the trophies, so much so that from now on I'll only buy table packs that I'm 100% sure of, I've bought every table up to this point, but I really feel this is a massive blow "IMO" and will not be buying every table from now on unless Farsight/Sony find a way around this issue.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I don't really care. Like I said in the other thread, they're nice to have as a permanent record of your completed goals, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I play pinball to play pinball, simple as that.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
As a fan of pinball I play for the love of the game, but as a PlayStation fan I like collecting trophies. It's a game in itself and adds replay value. I realize how people who don't pay attention to them could care less, but for those of us who enjoy the extra replay value this adds its a big loss.

I will still buy TPA of course, but not on both the PS3 and Kindle Fire HD as I have been. If the Season 3 tables come out without trophy support I will pass on the Pass and just play the Kindle version. So it's only a loss of $29.99 from me... no biggie.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I don't really see how trophies add "replay value" to TPA. They're just for high scores and goals, which are still in the game, regardless of trophies.

Not getting trophies just isn't enough for me to not buy the packs. If it really bothers you that much, get the PC version when it comes out. As far as I know, Steam achievements are unlimited.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I don't really see how trophies add "replay value" to TPA. They're just for high scores and goals, which are still in the game, regardless of trophies.

Not getting trophies just isn't enough for me to not buy the packs. If it really bothers you that much, get the PC version when it comes out. As far as I know, Steam achievements are unlimited.

You still don't get it! People like us (who like trophies) like to showcase to others that we completed these said goals and such. Can't say you completed the goals without proof. Before you say take a photo and post it, not everyone wants to do that every time they achieve something. I know for me, I'm not all that computer saavy. I don't know how to post photos and such.

Point is trophies DO add replay value to ANY game. Rather than just play a game all the way through to the end. You can do extra things in a game to acquire a trophy. That adds replay value. TPA is no different. The only difference is yes the standard and wizard goals are there, but no one can see if you completed them. Actually I get motivated by my competition all the time. I look to see if they have a certain trophy for completing standard and wizard goals. If they do and I don't, then I get the motivation to complete it. Trophies are no different than leaderboards. People play the game just for the leaderboards. People play the game just to complete the goals. Leaderboards and trophies add replay value. People will continue to play the game just to get higher on the leaderboards....same thing with completing goals. That's it. I don't get the constant disdain for those who appreciate trophies.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I do understand what you're saying, and I don't have any "disdain" for people who like trophies. As I mentioned before, I actually DO like having them as a record for my completed goals. However, I don't complete the goals just for trophies or so people can see that I've done them. I don't have trophies on my phone, but I still go for the goals because they're part of the game. I completed all the goals on PHOF as well, even though the only trophies in that are for top 5s.

I don't have anything against people who get more out of trophies than I do, but I find it a bit silly that people are going to outright refuse to buy new packs if FS can't add new trophies.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Sony and it's Playstation team have been bending over backwards for gamers and small devs a lot lately. Maybe if you guys reach out and politely inquire about making an exception for TPA something good can happen. Some names that you could reach out to include Sid Shuman, Adam Boyes, Shuhei Yoshida, and Ryan Clements.

Members online

Members online