Twelve days of Christmas Bah hum bug!

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
What ever happened to the old twelve days of Christmas? Instead of all these stupid giveaways ( I already have all the tables) why don’t you give us some info on things that are going to happen this year. Like cabinet support, new UI, new kickstarter, Another season of TPA. Exciting stuff like that. These giveaways are boring. What happened to the good old days before Stern entered the picture?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
What ever happened to the old twelve days of Christmas? Instead of all these stupid giveaways ( I already have all the tables) why don’t you give us some info on things that are going to happen this year. Like cabinet support, new UI, new kickstarter, Another season of TPA. Exciting stuff like that. These giveaways are boring. What happened to the good old days before Stern entered the picture?

Perhaps you were only reading the very first portion of each post? Let's see what we have:

Day 1: Twitch stream. Not the best, but it's something.

Day 2: Pinball Arcade tournament, featuring popular tables from the 90s.

Day 3: SPA Switch will have portrait mode implemented.

Day 4: SPA Oculus Rift at CES 2018, before release in Q1 2018.

Oh, and this year? At worst, there's only one or two things left in 2017. Pistol Poker and the newsletter, probably hinting at things in 2018.

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
So far they are only day 4 of the 12 days, kind of think we still have things to look forward to. There should be a Season 8 of TPA, plus you have Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie supposedly coming for Stern Pinball Arcade. Seen portrait mode for Switch, wonder if that will show up for the other platforms. Rather doubt there will be cabinet support considering they have the deal with that other company to make them. I wonder if Farsight is too enthused to do anymore Kickstarters considering consoles always have to wait ages to get the table and most of the big wanted tables are high licensed properties(ie Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Simpsons etc.)

Plus you have the Facebook leaker's predictions of Banzai Run and Sorcerer for the last tables of Season 7 if they are still on point.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
So far they are only day 4 of the 12 days, kind of think we still have things to look forward to. There should be a Season 8 of TPA, plus you have Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie supposedly coming for Stern Pinball Arcade. Seen portrait mode for Switch, wonder if that will show up for the other platforms. Rather doubt there will be cabinet support considering they have the deal with that other company to make them. I wonder if Farsight is too enthused to do anymore Kickstarters considering consoles always have to wait ages to get the table and most of the big wanted tables are high licensed properties(ie Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Simpsons etc.)

Plus you have the Facebook leaker's predictions of Banzai Run and Sorcerer for the last tables of Season 7 if they are still on point.

It took nearly a year to get Ghostbusters, and TPA got it before SPA on Steam. Whoa Nellie was announced last year, so at best it will be out summer of 2018. Big Buck Hunter should be out probably sometime in 2019. Law of averages, everyone.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013

Just like I said wow I can win season 2 on iOS if I share. I have all the tables

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Just like I said wow I can win season 2 on iOS if I share. I have all the tables

You do realize that the 12 days of Christmas isn't just for you?, they are trying to get new people into TPA and those that don't get season passes and may not have too many tables.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
New people? No kidding!

Yup, no kidding, I actually want Farsight to continue making tables for years to come, my weekly wish list on Facebook has enough tables for another 5+ seasons. Think about this, we have 80+ tables that most people would never have the opportunity to play without their help, many living in areas that don't have pinball tables anymore and maybe even creating interest in pinball that wasn't there before. I appreciate the work they do, are they perfect, nope, and I certainly understand the frustration that console people have and hopefully Farsight can improve in that department and get them their tables quicker and with less bugs/glitches.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
You do realize that the 12 days of Christmas isn't just for you?, they are trying to get new people into TPA and those that don't get season passes and may not have too many tables.

So **** the people that spent $300+ so far it’s been five days and all they have is buy this buy that. I want some news about TPA not that **** app stern pinball. Merry Christmas ����

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Calm yer roll Garry don’t be such a grinch lol, blkthorne made a simple and fair point, it’s still a living breathing product , and I for one welcome new users and additions to the looney toons. You’ve been around long enough to know it’s a simple bit of fun at Xmas not a vechicle for great revelation. You don’t seem to happy with your purchase a lot of the time, but if you are overall, be happy. Almost six years ago none of us outside pc users in the know had access to such things, I still remember joining this forum and be bewildered (and more bright eyed and bushy tailed) that I’d found other refugees with similar experience to mine. Even with all its flaws I doubt even farsight imagined things would still be chugging along warts n all. There’s a lot to gripe about but it’s xmas ffs let’s all drink to good health and better things in the future. You want some pigs in blankets and a wee dram?

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Calm yer roll Garry don’t be such a grinch lol, blkthorne made a simple and fair point, it’s still a living breathing product , and I for one welcome new users and additions to the looney toons. You’ve been around long enough to know it’s a simple bit of fun at Xmas not a vechicle for great revelation. You don’t seem to happy with your purchase a lot of the time, but if you are overall, be happy. Almost six years ago none of us outside pc users in the know had access to such things, I still remember joining this forum and be bewildered (and more bright eyed and bushy tailed) that I’d found other refugees with similar experience to mine. Even with all its flaws I doubt even farsight imagined things would still be chugging along warts n all. There’s a lot to gripe about but it’s xmas ffs let’s all drink to good health and better things in the future. You want some pigs in blankets and a wee dram?

You have me all wrong. I love farsight and TPA. I look forward every month to the new table and the hint. I don’t even play the table first I just buy it. It’s just things don’t seem the same since stern got into the picture. Also farsight seems to have gotten a little greedy. They should have known that they can’t keep up with all these platforms. Oh Just noticed day six of Christmas just came out they want me to buy something else for iOS. Well halfway there.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
You have me all wrong. I love farsight and TPA. I look forward every month to the new table and the hint. I don’t even play the table first I just buy it. It’s just things don’t seem the same since stern got into the picture. Also farsight seems to have gotten a little greedy. They should have known that they can’t keep up with all these platforms. Oh Just noticed day six of Christmas just came out they want me to buy something else for iOS. Well halfway there.

If I remember correctly, they usually did sales/giveaways in the first half of days and then the big announcement toward the end, so I'm hoping that will be the case for this year.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Season 5 half off is a good deal if you don’t already own it. (Steam, mobile, PS4 US)
But I’m sure most forum members already own it, or at least own the tables they were interested in.

Blkthorne - Yeah, I’m hoping they are saving the biggies for last (if there are any).

Last edited:

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
On consoles, TPA seems to be a dead horse. Sorry to say that, ´cause I love pinball and in the past, I was satisfied with the output from FS. It wasn´t perfect, but, so what, nobody´s perfect and FS is a small company. But that changed the past year in a bad way. The only positive sign was Eight-ball-deluxe, released early march, which was great. But dealing with the unacceptable lightning on PS4, caused by update-patch, not fixed since early this year, no new update with fixes, no new tables, no new content since 10 months, no official console-news with timeline of releases, it´s like riding a "dead horse". Maybe too many platforms, too less menpower. I don´t know.

But nethertheless, my best wishes for the employees from Farsight for Christmas and a happy, hopefully more succesful new year.

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
But I’m sure most forum members already own it, or at least own the tables they were interested in.

I actually own it for PS3/VITA and for PS3, but will be getting it for STEAM; I don't have the gaming rig yet that supports fluid full-speed dx11 in high-res yet, but it's just slowly building up the library for when I do. So yeah, it's something :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The only sale I'm interested in is Season 4 for Android, since that's my only incomplete season (I have a few individual tables). So yeah that would be nice, please!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
FarSight has told me in the past that they are constantly getting new users, that season 1 continues to sell the best every month. Some of that you can attribute to when people switch platforms, but a lot of it is from people only now discovering the app. There's people in my pinball league that have no idea what the app even is still to this day! As for them telling what's coming in the next year, they don't exactly have a great track record of either meeting the deadline or meeting people's expectations.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.