TZ is up.. (1.2.1 Feedback and Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
already turned of family mode in scared stiff
How did you do it? I dug around the menus until I found family mode, but it was already set to "off" and said something like "factory default" below it.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
if its already of that should be it man, trying turning it on and off again on just doing a factory restore?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Looks like they made it for November after all!

Too bad the game plays awfully on Android :S Still waiting for this to come out on Xbox...

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
Powerball looks like a regular pinball, but it's the first day.

Same thing here. But if you change the skins of the standard balls in the Extras menu (which is fun, and works great) the Powerball then appears white.

Of more concern is the fact that the physics of the Powerball, other than not responding to magnets, is the same as for the steel balls. At least it doesn't move noticeably faster.

R

Rhandos

Something's a bit flakey here. Got TZ but lost all my other tables. Logged out and in again and got them back, but now it wants me to buy TZ..

+1.

I did what the e-mail said and logged out and in of Farsight to get my table. Lost access to all other tables in the progress. After restoring my tables several times, they all worked again - except Twilight Zone. I have to repeat this game every time I start the app.

On the other hand, free pro menu when the table works. Yay?

Robbied13

May 31, 2012
Great job on TZ! :)

I know this isn't a bug report thread but just some observations (mostly cosmetic):
Left spiral lamp should be yellow, not green
Yellow and orange jet bumpers should be switched
Town Square (Dead End) shot from the flippers too easy (may be because I am not used to the posts between the red & orange jets)
Powerball skin not white- EDIT: not a bug. Powerball is missing, not a skin issue. The machine will start Powerball Mania automatically if a Powerball isn't detected after dispensing from the gumball machine a set number of times.

The only gameplay bugs I've noticed are when some of the door panel modes begin (Clock Chaos, Spiral & Fast Lock), the background music should stop immediately. Not sure if this is a 9.2 behavior. (Example- when you hear "Time is a one way street...."- should have no music under it.

Sometimes the camera shot doesn't add a jet bumper or trigger the camera.

During "The Spiral", when a ball is dumped from the bridge diverter, it should not roll up close enough to get grabbed by the magnet.

Awesome job on a really complex table!

Last edited:

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
+1.

I did what the e-mail said and logged out and in of Farsight to get my table. Lost access to all other tables in the progress. After restoring my tables several times, they all worked again - except Twilight Zone. I have to repeat this game every time I start the app.

On the other hand, free pro menu when the table works. Yay?
+1 got sick of the chew on so messed about with the pro mode on scared stiff although now it crashes after game ends locking up after entering initials ... I'm off to bed .

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
IMHO, this is the best effort yet! Plays beautifully on iPad4, I love it.
Perfect degree of difficult but still rewarding.

bonch

May 24, 2012
After following FarSight's instructions, I've had no success redeeming the table on either iOS or OS X. I feel ripped off for backing the Kickstarter.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
The powerball doesn't have the right skin. Looks like a regular silver ball.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
They way it worked for me, was to play the free version. That got the game to download. I played one game free version, then logged out, then logged in, and TZ was unlocked! Thank you FS, now waiting on PS3 release..and hopeful future Steam release!
Would appreciate someone posting how to find family mode on/off selection menus! Does PS3 have the same family mode option to turn off?

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I just don't understand how after all this time, testing, and the huge commitment from the KS backers, how do they drop the ball on such important details? Don't get me wrong, the table looks and plays beautifully (lets hope that fuzzy peachy mess on the PS3 looks like this), but to be missing the powerball, so much stutter on the ball, and I clearly remember someone pointing out during the beta that it was difficult to tell the difference between the lit and unlit lights on the door, and yet it wasn't fixed?? What was the point of the beta test?

Other than those small inconsistancies, great job FS. But please get those bits taken care of before the console launch. Not to mention the other tables that need some TLC (CV I'm looking at you!)

bonch

May 24, 2012
After following FarSight's instructions, I've had no success redeeming the table on either iOS or OS X. I feel ripped off for backing the Kickstarter.

To follow up on this, after reading Rob Mann's post, I realized my Kickstarter email address didn't match my FarSight login. Per his post, I've PMed him to get the table.

It seems like I remember reading something in the past about making sure the emails matched, and I didn't realize mine weren't the same. FarSight might consider sending another email to Kickstarter backers about this in case they're unable to redeem the table and need help.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I just don't understand how after all this time, testing, and the huge commitment from the KS backers, how do they drop the ball on such important details? Don't get me wrong, the table looks and plays beautifully (lets hope that fuzzy peachy mess on the PS3 looks like this), but to be missing the powerball, so much stutter on the ball, and I clearly remember someone pointing out during the beta that it was difficult to tell the difference between the lit and unlit lights on the door, and yet it wasn't fixed?? What was the point of the beta test?

Other than those small inconsistancies, great job FS. But please get those bits taken care of before the console launch. Not to mention the other tables that need some TLC (CV I'm looking at you!)
In FarSight's and the beta testers' defense, a lot of these issues were noticed, reported and recorded. Some were fixed, others were noticed too late and could not be rectified before submittal. The beta testers did not know TZ was releasing today; we were as shocked as anyone else when the news was announced. And for it to have released today on iOS, it must have been submitted before Thanksgiving. But I can assure you that a great deal of time and effort went into the testing...and is still going into testing, as the PC beta is still active.

IHaveTheMagic

Mar 7, 2012
Kinda frustrated. $100 backer. I've purchased everything there is previously.
Updated and tried to download. Didn't work.
Logged out and back in. TZ didn't work and lost all the tables.
Restored all tables. Tables back but lost the Pro Modes and TZ still not unlocked.
Force quit app close everything and repeat. Same result.
Deleted app wiped all data rebooted iPad then downloaded again from App Store.
Completed Farsight login and tried downloading TZ....

What....It worked!! Pro Mode and everything...but I'm greedy...

Went to download all my other tables. Got back to TZ...BUY NOW WTF?

It locked out again! Logging in and out didn't work at all and neither did trying to download again. And I lost all my achievements and high scores...again.

Any idea? Or just wait for a fix. So utterly disappointed right now.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
In FarSight's and the beta testers' defense, a lot of these issues were noticed, reported and recorded. Some were fixed, others were noticed too late and could not be rectified before submittal. The beta testers did not know TZ was releasing today; we were as shocked as anyone else when the news was announced. And for it to have released today on iOS, it must have been submitted before Thanksgiving. But I can assure you that a great deal of time and effort went into the testing...and is still going into testing, as the PC beta is still active.

This is, more of then than not, how it works with the normal beta testing each month as well. Farsight can't really win either way, as folks will also complain (perhaps even more) if they delay the release to fix everything.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Kinda frustrated. $100 backer. I've purchased everything there is previously.
Updated and tried to download. Didn't work.
Logged out and back in. TZ didn't work and lost all the tables.
Restored all tables. Tables back but lost the Pro Modes and TZ still not unlocked.
Force quit app close everything and repeat. Same result.
Deleted app wiped all data rebooted iPad then downloaded again from App Store.
Completed Farsight login and tried downloading TZ....

What....It worked!! Pro Mode and everything...but I'm greedy...

Went to download all my other tables. Got back to TZ...BUY NOW WTF?

It locked out again! Logging in and out didn't work at all and neither did trying to download again. And I lost all my achievements and high scores...again.

Any idea? Or just wait for a fix. So utterly disappointed right now.
It did something similar on my iPad. After logging out and back in, it lost all my tables, so I selected one (NGG, I think) and it prompted me to restore my transactions. That brought back the other tables, but then TZ thought it needed to be purchased again, so I just went into TZ (ignoring the Buy Now stamp) and went to turn the Operator's Menu on, which prompts you to buy the Pro Mode. Just tell it yes and it will disappear without asking for your Apple ID password or asking you to confirm your purchase (and without charging you). At that point it should stay in its fully unlocked state.

This is, more of then than not, how it works with the normal beta testing each month as well. Farsight can't really win either way, as folks will also complain if they delay the release to fix everything.
Yeah, having participated in TZ's beta has really opened my eyes about why certain things were happening as they were, and how seemingly inexcusable bugs made it into the released tables.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts