TZ is up.. (1.2.1 Feedback and Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Anyone know how to invoke the "Extra Ball" option in TZ where you can buy in 1 extra ball?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i enjoy it alot more than rbion which many people compared it too

is there any interesting features in the rom?

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Enjoying the table very much except that I'm finding that if the ball hits the left slingshot in the center then it is a direct, smooth and certain route to a drain on the right side out lane. No chance to react nor nudge, just goodbye ball. It's even more certain than CV's dreaded bumper drains were previously. Happens nearly all the time for me. Anyone else experiencing this a little too frequently?

Can't recall playing any other tables while in dread of a slingshot as much as I do on this table. They aren't usually that brutal nor have as powerful a bounce, do they ?

Last edited:

Turbine

May 19, 2012
Anyone know how to invoke the "Extra Ball" option in TZ where you can buy in 1 extra ball?

It's turned off by default in the operator menu. Not sure if it would work in TPA anyway as it doesn't use credits?

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It's turned off by default in the operator menu. Not sure if it would work in TPA anyway as it doesn't use credits?
On a free play machine, you can just push the "extra ball" button and it'll give you one (assuming buy-ins are turned on, of course). I haven't tried it with TPA TZ...and I'm not sure what part of the screen you'd touch to activate the buy-in, unless FarSight provided a convenient on-screen button...?

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
I still can't get it to work consistently at all. It occasionally brings the table down when I log in and lets me play, but then once I restore the other tables, TZ goes away again. It's maddening. Not to mention that it's hard to trust this mechanism to work long-term on any other devices I might buy.

If no fix is forthcoming in a few days, I guess I'll buy the table through the in-app purchase, pretend that I just dropped my Kickstarter money in a parking lot instead, and skip the Kickstarter project next time. This hasn't worked at all.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
On a free play machine, you can just push the "extra ball" button and it'll give you one (assuming buy-ins are turned on, of course). I haven't tried it with TPA TZ...and I'm not sure what part of the screen you'd touch to activate the buy-in, unless FarSight provided a convenient on-screen button...?

That's the bug, no onscreen button to push.

Yes, I know I could set it to 4 balls, but it's not the same thing... and no, it only allows ONE ball per game, so if you were just oh-so-close...

Wehrwolf

Oct 25, 2012
Anything special need to be done beyond the obvious to achieve the "Activate Lost in the Zone" goal?

Playing on an iPad 2, not the pro-table. Already had the Wizard Goals unlocked before starting the game. Got through all the 14 door bonuses and played through the 'everything's activated' Lost in the Zone mode... did I miss something?

Edit: really like the table though. In the top 5 in PBA for me after MM, NGG, TOTAN, and The admittedly one-repeated-shot-continually-but-I-don't-care Bride of Pinbot.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Where do I report bugs? I'm frozen on lost in the zone. I must say this is the most impressive wizard mode in all of pinball. But yea my first time reaching it and the game is stuck. Awesome :/

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Must say I'm incredibly pissed, just wasted 30 minutes and my first ever lost in the zone ends with a hung screen.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Where do I report bugs? I'm frozen on lost in the zone. I must say this is the most impressive wizard mode in all of pinball. But yea my first time reaching it and the game is stuck. Awesome :/
TZ-specific bugs go in the Twilight Zone forum.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I got my free KS copy to unlock on my iPad after several cycles of logging out and back in and restoring purchases. But no number of retries of that process seems to want to unlock the table on my iPhone. Is there some trick to this?

danj

Jun 12, 2012
I still can't get it to work consistently at all. It occasionally brings the table down when I log in and lets me play, but then once I restore the other tables, TZ goes away again. It's maddening. Not to mention that it's hard to trust this mechanism to work long-term on any other devices I might buy.

If no fix is forthcoming in a few days, I guess I'll buy the table through the in-app purchase, pretend that I just dropped my Kickstarter money in a parking lot instead, and skip the Kickstarter project next time. This hasn't worked at all.

I have the same problem. I gave Farsight $10 and got the free game by logging out/quiting app/restarting app and logging in. But all the other tables are now marked Buy bow! If I restore the other tables, TZ shows "Go pro" and I have to repete the procedure. Since a lot of people actually gave Farsight money for a game that didn't exist I expected the company to be very careful not to let anyone down. This business model is obviously built on trust. It's amazing that they havn't got an email out explaining the bug. I will not give Farsight any money again if they don't solve this very fast.

Wehrwolf

Oct 25, 2012
I'm disappointed in tournament mode. I'm sure that there's others for who it's what they want, but in my case I was hoping for something to do a 4 player tournament locally, for when me and friends get together to play.. Like the challenge mode in PHoF.

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
I was hoping for PHoF kind of thing. Global tournament is fine, but local is where i truly have some legit fun. Also, global tournament scoring system seems to be easy to cheat, i saw way too many lunatics using hex editors to boost their score up.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I got my free KS copy to unlock on my iPad after several cycles of logging out and back in and restoring purchases. But no number of retries of that process seems to want to unlock the table on my iPhone. Is there some trick to this?

Don't restore purchases.

If you want to play TZ, log out and log into the farsight account and then start TZ. If it asks you to pay, cancel and tap Start again (it usually gets it the second time around).

If you want to play your other tables, then tap the other tables. Tap start. If it asks you if you want to buy, tap cancel and tap Start again. It should ask you if you want to restore your purchases, tap yes.

You cannot easily go between TZ and another table - you must do this before playing TZ or another table.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Don't restore purchases.

If you want to play TZ, log out and log into the farsight account and then start TZ. If it asks you to pay, cancel and tap Start again (it usually gets it the second time around).

If you want to play your other tables, then tap the other tables. Tap start. If it asks you if you want to buy, tap cancel and tap Start again. It should ask you if you want to restore your purchases, tap yes.

You cannot easily go between TZ and another table - you must do this before playing TZ or another table.

Welp, that did it alright. Congrats on figuring that out.

Wow, FarSight. Just wow. I mean, I love you guys, but it is just one thing after another, huh?
4EgFy.gif

Sublime

Jul 26, 2012
Is there no ball save on TZ by default? It seems like I score 1 million points and get an immediate drain and lose a ball.
I think all the other tables have a save at least.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Is there no ball save on TZ by default? It seems like I score 1 million points and get an immediate drain and lose a ball.
I think all the other tables have a save at least.
Twilight Zone on its factory settings does not have any ball saver at the start of each ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online